United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned Moses

£#%&!ing pathetic - football is great when you win and a can be a great source of joy but no reason to be seriously upset when it goes wrong.
Absolute %@#$&!s.

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:38 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I cried in 99.

motwyw.
I cried when Teddy equalised.

I cried when we lost to Dortmund.

I cried when we went out to Leverkusen.

I think I cried in 96 and 98 when England went out on pens I was young and I actually cared about England.

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Terry Silver

How did you manage to post on here during the match if you watched it in a pub?

http://utdforum.com/showthread.php?t=25904

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Ether

Maybe using that fancy phone he's always banging on about?

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Terry Silver

I cried once when I was 10 and missed a penalty.

The only other time was when we lost at Anfield in '92. Was 10 then also.

In football, as in life, you should be a man... unless you're a kid.

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Or maybe he's just full of shite.

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:44 PM
rebelcountyred

watching the last couple of minutes against bayern always brings a lump to my throat, don't think i was ever so emotional as i was that night.

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Stoned Moses

I feel sorry for people whose emotions are controlled by football. Yes, be sad but crying???

The closest I came I guess was Anfield in '92 but as an old saying goes the night is darkest just before the dawn.

Football fans these days make me laugh, tears in your eys because we deservedly got beat by a better team tonight??

Who in their right mind expected United to reach the semis of the Champions league this year? Anyone? What about winning the title and getting to the Cup Final?

Face it, this year we have over achieved even if we lose every game til the end of the season, We have still surpassed most realistic fans expectations for this season, hardly a reason to start blubbing.

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The league is HUGE, don't think anything else. Liverpool won the CL in 05, yet they're not seen as a threat domestically really, they have gone almost 17 years without, we would go 4 without it this year, we really £#%&!ing need it, it gets us back up there. Then we can built to win Europe with the experience of a title and maybe another F.A Cup in the same season. We'll be back on our perch in a few weeks. It just didn't happen tonight, the amount of hard games we've had it was always gonna come to ahead.

Good post.

Liverpool fans, the pro-scouse media, the abu press will be at us between now & Saturday. We'll have to take a lot of stick.
BUT, we can be 'Premiership Champions' this weekend if we hold our nerve & that is a FAR more impressive achievement than continually eeking out 2-legged Champions League ties on the back 'defensive organistaion' or penalty £#%&!ing shoot-outs.

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Camel

anyone who cried tonight is a deluded wum, motwyw.

gutted, yes. but as long as those italian @#%&!s don't capitulate to the skaus again. and we get the league, i'll be happy. £#%&! the fa cup, too.

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:48 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
i was hoping a brawl erupted.
rephrase that as "i hope no-one saw me bawling into my reef"

silly @#%&!

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:49 PM
TreeFiddy

I did say that I don't understand tears tonight. But I think you're underestmating the passion some of us have for football and how much both winning and losing mean. Perhaps it does make us pathetic people that our emotions can be controlled so easily but I can't help it, I'm just a very passionate person and I put all my energy into something and then either win or lose.

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:50 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned Moses
I feel sorry for people whose emotions are controlled by football. Yes, be sad but crying???

The closest I came I guess was Anfield in '92 but as an old saying goes the night is darkest just before the dawn.

Football fans these days make me laugh, tears in your eys because we deservedly got beat by a better team tonight??

Who in their right mind expected United to reach the semis of the Champions league this year? Anyone? What about winning the title and getting to the Cup Final?

Face it, this year we have over achieved even if we lose every game til the end of the season, We have still surpassed most realistic fans expectations for this season, hardly a reason to start blubbing.
£#%&!ing hell, we're not just talking about this season.

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:50 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
right again. armchair can confrim my posts during the game came from my nokia n95...

thats why i didnt type much.

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
I did say that I don't understand tears tonight. But I think you're underestmating the passion some of us have for football and how much both winning and losing mean. Perhaps it does make us pathetic people that our emotions can be controlled so easily but I can't help it, I'm just a very passionate person and I put all my energy into something and then either win or lose.
It is possible to have passion and a sense of perspective.

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:52 PM
HollowmanVIII

I filled up a little after the Pompey defeat

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
right again. armchair can confrim my posts during the game came from my nokia n95...

thats why i didnt type much.
That makes you an even bigger @#%&! in my eyes.

In a pub full of people, on the internet, and then crying at full time hoping someone else will kick off on the people who've wound you up...

In fact, I'm sensing you may be an elaborate WUM on the scale of ABAF. Surely NOBODY could be as big a @#%&! as this in reality...

Stoned Moses

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
£#%&!ing hell, we're not just talking about this season.
Maybe not, but crying over football is for Geordies and post England fans Euro 96 onwards.

Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
i'll buy you a bunch of flowers and it will all be alright

ffs, vio shedding tears, only if his bathing ape t-shirt got some cranberry spilt on it, get a £#%&!ing grip.

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Stoned Moses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
It is possible to have passion and a sense of perspective.
Nail on the head.
Closed Thread