Unread 03-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
So you think he should be sacked?

What changes would you have made?
No. I am merely saying what Pure isnt able to put in to words

I wouldnt sack Fergie, but the saying goes
'Making a mistake is human, making the same mistakes again in unfortunate, a third time is stupid'.
A 4-5-1 (defensive 4-3-3, but it still turned into a 4-5-1)?
Attacking them and getting amongst them would have put the match on a much mroe even footing. But United went out to ride a wave for the first however long and got £#%&!ed for it.

Unread 03-05-2007, 10:49 AM
MUFC One Love

If we got battered playing 'cautiously' imagine what they would have done to us if we opened up straight away?

Unread 03-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
If we got battered playing 'cautiously' imagine what they would have done to us if we opened up straight away?
Not at all. It's like a tackle. If you go in with the thought and reservation youre going to get hurt, you will do. But if you go in without reservation and without holding back you wont get hurt

Unread 03-05-2007, 10:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

It doesn't matter what formation you play if you give the ball away every time you get it. It is also impossible to play attacking football if you do this.

Unread 03-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Barca '91

Motivation has nothing to do with players of that ilk not being able to keep hold of the ball for more than 30 seconds.

In the final third we were £#%&!ing clueless.

Unread 03-05-2007, 10:56 AM
puressence

ferguson got it wrong lastnite at the highest level .. nft ferie out

Unread 03-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
Motivation has nothing to do with players of that ilk not being able to keep hold of the ball for more than 30 seconds.

In the final third we were £#%&!ing clueless.
Yeh it does. You have to be in the frame of mind to think I am not going to give the ball away, everything I am going to do will be spot on.
When I dont prepare for a game like that I notice the difference

Unread 03-05-2007, 10:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
ferguson got it wrong lastnite at the highest level .. nft ferie out
Don't be so silly.

Unread 03-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Yeh it does. You have to be in the frame of mind to think I am not going to give the ball away, everything I am going to do will be spot on.
When I dont prepare for a game like that I notice the difference

The players should already have that mentality anyway FFS.

Oh and how often do you prepare yourself for european cup semi finals please?

Unread 03-05-2007, 11:10 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
It doesn't matter what formation you play if you give the ball away every time you get it. It is also impossible to play attacking football if you do this.
Exactly. The formation was utterly irrelevant.

Unread 03-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Argentina

Quote:
The players should already have that mentality anyway FFS.

Oh and how often do you prepare yourself for european cup semi finals please?
Me personally. Same as Id prepare for any other game. Every spare minute is thought about how to dominate my opposite number. Usually I visualise my team being 2 goals down from a few sloppy mistakes. Pisses me off so I get up for the match and makes me want to avoid that at all costs. But as a player Im a fighter.
Some players need motivating though. I dont. And to say its not Ferguson's fault they cant motivate themselves is wrong, because they shouldnt be picked. ANd who's responsibility is picking the side?

Unread 03-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Me personally. Same as Id prepare for any other game. Every spare minute is thought about how to dominate my opposite number. Usually I visualise my team being 2 goals down from a few sloppy mistakes. Pisses me off so I get up for the match and makes me want to avoid that at all costs. But as a player Im a fighter.
Some players need motivating though. I dont. And to say its not Ferguson's fault they cant motivate themselves is wrong, because they shouldnt be picked. ANd who's responsibility is picking the side?

We'll have to agree to disagree I think mate. I'm not saying the manager doesnt have a role to play but we are talking about Manchester United players here. Most of whom were playing in the biggest match they have EVER played in last night. To me they should already be bang up for the fight.

They werent though which is almost unforgivable to me.

Unread 03-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Argentina

Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree I think mate. I'm not saying the manager doesnt have a role to play but we are talking about Manchester United players here. Most of whom were playing in the biggest match they have EVER played in last night. To me they should already be bang up for the fight.

They werent though which is almost unforgivable to me.
Youre judging modern players by old standards. They need guiding more, more encouragement. Not many self-motivating players around

Unread 03-05-2007, 12:26 PM
MUFC One Love

I'm sorry, I'm a big critic of 4-5-1 etc but this season the 4-3-3 style has worked beautifully, we've played excellent football. Last night my initial reaction was "4-5-1 " but then I realised, maybe Milan have just stopped us playing, that's why we can barely string two passes together, that's £#%&! all to do with the system.

It was just a step to far, fighting on all fronts with this squad and some players looked nervous, arguably are most experienced player shit himself in both legs imo.

Unread 03-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Youre judging modern players by old standards. They need guiding more, more encouragement. Not many self-motivating players around
you're assuming that your supposition is exactly what happened then criticising it as if it's fact

the most salient point is that we went into a euro with a makeshift back 4 made up of players either not up to it or recovering from serious injury and a frontline that is wafer thin for similiar reasons

i'd like to have seen milan play us over two legs with essentially our best side fit and rested whilst they lost nesta and both full backs

can we all finally agree that heinze is atrocious?

Unread 03-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
you're assuming that your supposition is exactly what happened then criticising it as if it's fact
Im presenting a case for Pure's claim that the blame lies with Fergie. I dont entirely agree but he has a point

Unread 03-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Im presenting a case for Pure's claim that the blame lies with Fergie. I dont entirely agree but he has a point
if you don't entirely agree then what point has he got

you're backing up a ludicrous knee jerk reaction with an assumption about what the manger did

you haven't actually got a £#%&!ing clue what was said, how they prepared

ultimately we had a pub team back four out there as we are decimated by injury

Unread 03-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Argentina

Quote:
if you don't entirely agree then what point has he got

you're backing up a ludicrous knee jerk reaction with an assumption about what the manger did

you haven't actually got a £#%&!ing clue what was said, how they prepared
With the formation that was played and the attitude the players went out with its an educated guess

Quote:
ultimately we had a pub team back four out there as we are decimated by injury
I agree but we managed it in the first leg. The attitude of 'lets ride the wave of whatever Milan throw at us' would have worked with a better defence.
Cliche I know but last night Attack was the best form of defence

Unread 03-05-2007, 12:41 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He doesn't really 'coshe's essentially saying it was entirely Fergies fault. Of course some of the blame lies with him but there are a huge number of other reasons,not least the fact that his players spent the whole night giving the ball away.

Unread 03-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
With the formation that was played and the attitude the players went out with its an educated guess

I agree but we managed it in the first leg. The attitude of 'lets ride the wave of whatever Milan throw at us' would have worked with a better defence.
Cliche I know but last night Attack was the best form of defence
we never had the ball, we were outplayed

calling for the sacking of the manager potentially 4 days before we could win the league makes pure's point absolutely redundant

if we win the league will pure be calling for his head. as has been mentioned earlier, what the manager has achieved this season with a squad with no depth and injury riddled at key times is nothing short of astonishing
Closed Thread