United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2010, 11:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
The only player to score a winning goal in a European Cup final for Manchester United, technically.

Unread 08-11-2010, 11:04 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
That's what I love most about the guy. Foreign lad, no connection with United, but in his time here he became a fan. He loves United and gets it just as much as nay of the local lads who came through the ranks. Just brilliant.

I know he hasn't played for a number of years now, but just having him round the place seemed reassuring for some reason. Sad day for the club to see such a Legendary figure leave.

I hope he manages us one day.
Well said mate.

Unread 08-11-2010, 11:06 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The only player to score a winning goal in a European Cup final for Manchester United, technically.
I don't think even Ole will ever know just how much happiness he brought, to million around the world with that goal. ffs, even now, just thinking about it puts a spring in my step. The look on my Dads face when it went in He just sat there, stunned (did that quite often that season tbf).

On a personal level Moscow means a bit more to me, simply because I was there. But there's no doubt that is the greatest moment in the Clubs history. Just think, if the club's still around in a thousand years that goal will still be shown regularly. Immortality

Unread 08-11-2010, 11:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Sad day for the club, remember his first goal like it was yesterday.

So many memorable moments, i'll always remember the sending off against Newcastle if there was a moment which summed him up that was it.

Blackburn at home was his debut wasn't it?? He pulled us out of the shit too - the first time but certainly not the last

Farewell then, the world's greatest ever boyhood dippers fan

Unread 08-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Sandman

Quote:
He's still very young in managers terms, and he's got to start somewhere
I know, and the owner of Molde is wealthy and has said he'll give him the funds to build the team he wants so it sounds like he'll be given the support to be successful, hopefully he'll be able to get them into Europe, I just can't see many quality players going to Norway, maybe he'll do us a favour and loan some of our younger players to get experience.

Unread 08-11-2010, 11:40 PM
dwfb

Nailed on pre-season game. Where the £#%&! is it? (obv in Norway.)

Unread 09-11-2010, 12:12 AM
wonky no

oh!

Unread 09-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudored
A boring stat i know but has anyone got his shots on target stats?
Never known a player to get his shots on target as much as Sir Ole.
Try Opta Joe on Twitter, he's a sad @#%&!.

Alternatively, i'm sure Sers can do you a graph of some description.

Unread 09-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Harri Jaffa

Proper legend

Gutted he's going, but fingers crossed he'll cut his teeth and come back one day

Unread 09-11-2010, 09:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Best of luck to him.

Unread 09-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Great player, great bloke, the only one who said anything about the Glazers too.

I bet he'll be a good manager as well.

Unread 09-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Harri Jaffa

Any truth in the rumour he wants to bring Gary Neville with him to coach the reserves

Unread 09-11-2010, 09:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Any truth in the rumour he wants to bring Gary Neville with him to coach the reserves
Nah, Nev refused to shave his "rat tache" and that was a deal breaker.

Unread 09-11-2010, 09:27 AM
ReligiousRed

[SIZE="6"]"Solskjaer!" ...... "Manchester United have reached the promised land!"

Forever in his debt for the memories

Unread 09-11-2010, 10:01 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Great player, great bloke, the only one who said anything about the Glazers too.

I bet he'll be a good manager as well.
would be nice if someone with such gravitas launched a bit of a broadside about them when leaving..

Unread 09-11-2010, 10:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
would be nice if someone with such gravitas launched a bit of a broadside about them when leaving..
and jeopardise possible future employment?

Meulensteen and Querioz just 2 of the staff that have £#%&!ed off and come back in recent years.

Unread 09-11-2010, 10:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Meulensteen and Querioz just 2 of the staff that have £#%&!ed off and come back in recent years.
Fergie?

Unread 09-11-2010, 10:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Fergie?
He's not left or close to leaving though, is he?

Unread 09-11-2010, 10:14 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

well if he were to start the revolution, and were it to be successful, he'd come back a hero..

Unread 09-11-2010, 10:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He's not left or close to leaving though, is he?
Don't think so but it'd be interesting if he did, when he does.
Closed Thread