United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2023, 05:43 PM
dunk

Biggest news from OT that’s making its way back to me is that there is now WiFi the takeover must be imminent..

Unread 13-05-2023, 05:45 PM
madhattricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Categorically. Game went exactly as I thought it would. Were it not for the keeper, could and should have been 4 or 5 even though Utd played with some nerves.

What's the point even? Would rather get relegated and watch a bit of Champo rough and tumble than this putrid nothingness.

Anyway, least we didn't help Liverpool.
Their keeper was good. But how is it that through multiple managers we still so often stop the ball near the box and let everyone reset? We don’t have to be Liverpool or man City but for god’s sake can we please play with a little fluidity and true attacking spirit?

Unread 13-05-2023, 05:50 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Categorically. Game went exactly as I thought it would. Were it not for the keeper, could and should have been 4 or 5 even though Utd played with some nerves.

What's the point even? Would rather get relegated and watch a bit of Champo rough and tumble than this putrid nothingness.

Anyway, least we didn't help Liverpool.
Ghost of Diego Costa running around up top isn’t getting the job done

Unread 13-05-2023, 05:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Our most Champions League qualifingest manager of the post Fergie era

Unread 13-05-2023, 06:46 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Sancho and Martial were an absolute disgrace today. Get them out of the club.

Unread 13-05-2023, 06:49 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches

Ole not the only United legend returning today

Unread 13-05-2023, 06:58 PM
silv

Quote:
Martial agreed. What’s wrong with Sancho? He looked like. world beater in Germany

Unread 13-05-2023, 07:02 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Martial agreed. What’s wrong with Sancho? He looked like. world beater in Germany
He’s a piss ridden fanny who’d look at home on a match thread?

Unread 13-05-2023, 07:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
#CoachesKnow

Unread 13-05-2023, 11:30 PM
MUFC One Love

Big win.

Agreed regarding Sancho and Martial. Garbage.

Unread 14-05-2023, 12:37 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Big win.

Agreed regarding Sancho and Martial. Garbage.
Both dispensable. One has zero courage and the other zero interest. Once we get a striker to free up Rashers, we have Nacho, Amad, Pellistri and more.

The only use I can see for Sancho is to play more centrally off a striker, because he’s a shit winger. Yet another Bundesliga flop.

Just hope Amad can make the leap into the PL. championship is physical but PL a lot quicker with smarter defenders and systems.

Unread 14-05-2023, 04:57 PM
GBMUFC2020

Martial is our best finisher but our worst for work rate. He could have had a hat trick if Anthony could have seen the passes. Sancho did nothing but could have scored but for a wordly from their keeper. We played with what we had and apart from holding back Garnacho. Bald is Best got it right.

Unread 15-05-2023, 09:59 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Biggest news from OT that’s making its way back to me is that there is now WiFi the takeover must be imminent..
Worked a treat aswell tbf- streamed the game flawlessly from the concourse.

Highlight of the day though was sat having a beer in the baking sun pre-match, with 3 other Fredsters no less

Feels strange having these full week breaks inbetween games, much needed for the heartburn to subside though. But tbh it could have been about 5 or 6 if we had someone like Kane up front instead of that lazy @#%&! Martial. Was convinced he'd still be wearing gloves

Garnacho has to be starting for us very soon, but he's such a dangerous option off the bench like that when teams are a bit tired. You just knew he'd make an impact when he came on, still only 18 ffs- going to be a star that lad.

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:20 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
have got press login details if pm me... will need weekly rep.

Unread 15-05-2023, 11:21 AM
wiganste

If a game can be classed as a walk in the park, that was it.

Apart from 5 mins of us shitting our kecks near the end, it was as routine as they come.
Kudos to their keeper for keeping it respectable with a string of fine saves

Unread 15-05-2023, 12:52 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
If a game can be classed as a walk in the park, that was it.

Apart from 5 mins of us shitting our kecks near the end, it was as routine as they come.
Kudos to their keeper for keeping it respectable with a string of fine saves
Only in retrospect. I was convinced it had 1-1 written all over it. Some of our decisions were bewildering.

Unread 15-05-2023, 12:59 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
Only in retrospect. I was convinced it had 1-1 written all over it. Some of our decisions were bewildering.
Of course - I was worried it would end up a draw or 1-0 to them. But it was very easy

Unread 15-05-2023, 01:02 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Of course - I was worried it would end up a draw or 1-0 to them. But it was very easy
When we turned that free kick on the halfway line into a near perfect through ball for them I almost had a £#%&!ing coronary. I just don't know another 'top' team who does that.
Closed Thread