United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Barca in "advanced negotiations" to sign Pique.

according to Beeb ticker. No place on the bench for him then.

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:15 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
according to Beeb ticker. No place on the bench for him then.
i did say this about 4 days ago.

nft.

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Boney87

Didnt see this one coming!!!!!

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Firswood Red

don't think he'd have got a place on the bench instead of O'Shea or Silvestre anyway

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
i did say this about 4 days ago.

nft.
Nobody really listens to you though, you know with all the shite you spout.

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:17 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Nobody really listens to you though, you know with all the shite you spout.
true.

nft.

BryanRobson'sLiver

Does that mean Evans is coming back? Has anyone seen much of him at Sunderland? I like Pique, he is like Rio in that he is a centreback who looks comfortable with the ball at his feet and playing the ball out of defence.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
don't think he'd have got a place on the bench instead of O'Shea or Silvestre anyway
Probbly not. think they're both guaranteed spots, especially considering Fergie's rather bemusing concviction that O' Shea's a great player to come on and see out a winning position.

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:18 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Does that mean Evans is coming back? Has anyone seen much of him at Sunderland? I like Pique, he is like Rio in that he is a centreback who looks comfortable with the ball at his feet and playing the ball out of defence.
Agree with you on Pique, think he has class and it's a shame he's going. not seen Evans this year but I'd hope we'd keep him, I'd rather O' Shea not be a backup centreback for us.

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:19 AM
elephantstone

Evans shone in the Championship in a winning side but had his work cut out in the Premiership in a poor side by all accounts he will be gone in the Summer

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:20 AM
puressence

shame about it , but if utd had any sense etoo or ronnie would be coming back to mcr as part of any deal ...

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:21 AM
dodger

If this means we sign a quality right back then I'll accept that.

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
shame about it , but if utd had any sense etoo or ronnie would be coming back to mcr as part of any deal ...
Wouldn't want Goofy, would love eto'o if reports of his £#%&!ednous are erroneous.

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
If this means we sign a quality right back then I'll accept that.
same, sad if Pique does go, but you can't be a bit part player with his ability & Rio & Vidic are nailed on. Just unfortunate.

If we can get £6m for him as I saw touted then it's a reasonable chunk of any fee for a right back or striker (or part of the balance on Tevez etc).

Quote:
Wouldn't want Goofy, would love eto'o if reports of his £#%&!ednous are erroneous.
part of me thinks it would be hilarious to have Ronaldinho if he got anywhere near his level of a few years back. He was obscene, but it's the longest of long shots really.

Eto'o is a tremendous player, agree on the injury front, but again it's clutching at straws to expect a man whose been £#%&!ed for months & months & months in the last two years to be injury free just because he's moving clubs. Would be excellent for us mind.

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:28 AM
puressence

can you imagine rooney tevez etoo ronnie ..in a game ffs

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Eto'o, maybe, disruptive dressing room influence though, and United don't buy superstars, they make them.

Ronaldinho, £#%&! off. He had his chance.

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:29 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
my mate who fancies himself as something of a barca expert thinks that its a case of Eto being a sound bloke but he's just got pissed off with what the others (Ronaldinho etc) have gotten away with hence the fall out

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
my mate who fancies himself as something of a barca expert thinks that its a case of Eto being a sound bloke but he's just got pissed off with what the others (Ronaldinho etc) have gotten away with hence the fall out
Nah, I'm talking about the reports that his knee is £#%&!ed and his career may be in decline. Graham Hunter's mooted this recently, though that doesn't mean a great deal. He's had half a season wiped out 2 years running.

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:36 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

well that could put a dampner on things i agree

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Evans shone in the Championship in a winning side but had his work cut out in the Premiership in a poor side by all accounts he will be gone in the Summer
to be fair on Evans Sunderland's from improved as soon as Evans went up there.
Closed Thread