United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 14-02-2020, 10:01 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Depends where you go.

Maspalomas and Puerto Rico are Brit infested shitholes, a bit further round the coast to Amadores, Taurito and Mogan it's better
I've let her take care of it. I've no idea where I'm going on the island. just needed a break. I suspect it will be like blackpool prom, just a bit warmer and full of scouse turds.

Unread 14-02-2020, 10:06 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Agreed, vastly overrated and only worth going for Alcatraz, Napa and Yosemite. Never walked around a city feeling as uncomfortable anywhere else in the world plus itís f***ing freezing.
yeah bits of it are rum as f***. Strange place, kind of a cross between New York and Longsight...

Unread 14-02-2020, 10:44 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Agreed, vastly overrated and only worth going for Alcatraz, Napa and Yosemite. Never walked around a city feeling as uncomfortable anywhere else in the world plus itís f***ing freezing.

FAO sweetleftfoot. One really cool thing we did do was the prohibition bar that is near union square. You need to email them in advance and they send you a password that you have to use at the door. Itís difficult to find and is brilliant when your inside. Lots of whiskey based drinks which was not for me but I was steaming when I left. So drunk that I thought it was a good idea to walk to Valencia (lots of cool bars) through the mission and Iíve never been as scared in all my life. Some of 5e most insane people youíll ever see wandering the streets .
Thanks for the tip Bellers, but to be honest mate after doudou pied the place we've cancelled and booked a week in Benidorm...

On a more serious note we're aware of how sketchy it can be in SF, but Sausalito, Haight Ashbury and Alcatraz will make the journey worthwhile in itself.

Actually love Prohibition in Chester (can HIGHLY recommend), so may be emailing them, ta for the heads up.

Unread 14-02-2020, 10:56 AM
92ToBury

Cornwall. Beaches, swimming pools, places of interest like Tintagel Castle and the Eden Project. A seal sanctuary too with otters and other stuff.

Unread 14-02-2020, 11:01 AM
Child of Darkness

Booked Thailand 🇹🇭 Pre pandemic . For July 🤷‍♂️

Insured if it goes tits up

Unread 14-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Spock

I'm there at the moment, koh samet which is only 3 hours from bkk, lovely place still. First time back in 20 years

Unread 14-02-2020, 12:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Cornwall. Beaches, swimming pools, places of interest like Tintagel Castle and the Eden Project. A seal sanctuary too with otters and other stuff.

Unread 14-02-2020, 02:53 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Thanks for the tip Bellers, but to be honest mate after doudou pied the place we've cancelled and booked a week in Benidorm...

On a more serious note we're aware of how sketchy it can be in SF, but Sausalito, Haight Ashbury and Alcatraz will make the journey worthwhile in itself.

Actually love Prohibition in Chester (can HIGHLY recommend), so may be emailing them, ta for the heads up.
SF is cool, some good record shops and they have soul nights in various places I think.

The homeless situation is completely out of hand though, last time we were there we walked out of our hotel to be greeted by the sight of someone having a shit in the street.

Unread 14-02-2020, 02:56 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Never been but heard some amzing stuff about Cornwall.

might give it a go

Unread 14-02-2020, 03:12 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
SF is cool, some good record shops and they have soul nights in various places I think.

The homeless situation is completely out of hand though, last time we were there we walked out of our hotel to be greeted by the sight of someone having a shit in the street.
must have been a shock to see wez there too? small world.

Last edited by Jack Duckworth; 14-02-2020 at 04:16 PM.