United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 30-10-2023, 09:07 AM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
Probably cheered on* City today
*checked Sky Sports updates on his phone in between rounds of C.O.D on his PlayStation
There’s a serious point in there. Not sure that any of them are bothered too much about who wins in the way that a fan is.

Unread 30-10-2023, 02:22 PM
Buck

There was a time not so long ago I thought he was ahead of the curve of his development in comparison to Foden. Leaving City and going to Dortmund where he got to play week in week out, put up excellent numbers and making an impact in games against Bayern and top teams in the Champions League. He's now probably going to miss the Euros next summer having missed the World Cup last year and Foden has clearly overtaken him. Maybe it would have happened anyway based on different positions and style of play but it's really poor from Sancho to let it happen like this.

I imagine he probably thinks he can outlast the manager and that's why there is no apology. I don't think that will happen unless things really collapse from now to January because firstly there's no obvious manager out there to take over but more than that a lot has been invested in Ten Hag and 3rd place last season + a trophy should buy him time.

Unread 30-10-2023, 03:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
There was a time not so long ago I thought he was ahead of the curve of his development in comparison to Foden. Leaving City and going to Dortmund where he got to play week in week out, put up excellent numbers and making an impact in games against Bayern and top teams in the Champions League. He's now probably going to miss the Euros next summer having missed the World Cup last year and Foden has clearly overtaken him. Maybe it would have happened anyway based on different positions and style of play but it's really poor from Sancho to let it happen like this.

I imagine he probably thinks he can outlast the manager and that's why there is no apology. I don't think that will happen unless things really collapse from now to January because firstly there's no obvious manager out there to take over but more than that a lot has been invested in Ten Hag and 3rd place last season + a trophy should buy him time.
Then it turns out he left city for Dortmund due to poor behaviour and no desire to sign or play.....

The warning signs have been there for years....

Unread 30-10-2023, 04:56 PM
larry

if jadon outstays 10h and plays for us again after 10h leaves, i'm going to boo him

Unread 30-10-2023, 05:15 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
if jadon outstays 10h and plays for us again after 10h leaves, i'm going to boo him

I’ll join you, though I think I’ll have stopped watching/going by then!

Unread 01-11-2023, 11:12 PM
marlo

the nerve to want an apology from Jadon for not keeping up the standard expected at United!

Unread 01-11-2023, 11:15 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
the nerve to want an apology from Jadon for not keeping up the standard expected at United!
Currently, United are terrible. Also currently, Jadon Sancho is neither fit enough nor interested enough to get in the team.

Nobody’s fault but his own.

Unread 01-11-2023, 11:20 PM
red in cumbria

No, marlo is right.

A total waster who is only interested in his Play Station would totally transform us.

Unread 02-11-2023, 12:51 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
No, marlo is right.

A total waster who is only interested in his Play Station would totally transform us.
I knew that one day Waynes Ear's time would come.

Unread 02-11-2023, 01:11 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
No, marlo is right.

no eth is being a egotistical £#%&!er and the team is suffering because of this.

Antony Gordon had a big fall out with Eddie Howe last season, they are back on good terms.

But the disciplinarian wants a public apology which is ridiculous as jadon made valid points.

Antony was poor today and played 90 minutes and then will start again on Saturday morning
Sancho was hauled off after 60 minutes almost every game he started as he is the scapegoat for bad team performances.

He just needs to hold off, as i said , ETH will shack himself because he doesn’t know what he is doing and too stubborn.
I don’t even want sancho to play right now so he cant be part of this mess.

Unread 02-11-2023, 03:25 AM
Sheik JaBooty

Yeah, Sancho’s the answer.

Unread 02-11-2023, 04:28 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
no eth is being a egotistical £#%&!er and the team is suffering because of this.

Antony Gordon had a big fall out with Eddie Howe last season, they are back on good terms.

But the disciplinarian wants a public apology which is ridiculous as jadon made valid points.

https://x.com/absmo88/status/1719797...Nn5G1bnpwj1gww

Antony was poor today and played 90 minutes and then will start again on Saturday morning
Sancho was hauled off after 60 minutes almost every game he started as he is the scapegoat for bad team performances.

He just needs to hold off, as i said , ETH will shack himself because he doesn’t know what he is doing and too stubborn.
I don’t even want sancho to play right now so he cant be part of this mess.
I wouldn't have such a problem with the Sancho situation if Ten Hag actually replaced him with someone who had talent... who could consistently feed crosses to Hojlund, but ....

This post match quote terrified me....

"Antony is brave, I am confident that he will bring the performance, that he is the right player for us. "

Unread 02-11-2023, 08:33 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
I wouldn't have such a problem with the Sancho situation if Ten Hag actually replaced him with someone who had talent... who could consistently feed crosses to Hojlund, but ....

This post match quote terrified me....

"Antony is brave, I am confident that he will bring the performance, that he is the right player for us. "
It’s not even about Sanchos (apparent ) talent. It’s about setting standards. It’s about calling the manager in public and being late for training .

Otherwise the same situation will occur. The same shit@#%&!s will raise and drop their game for the next manager and get him sacked. I don’t know why people think all of a sudden Sancho should be coming back because Antony is shit .

He publicly undermined the manager and his team. How can you ever begin to set standards if you let him do this and bring him back without some form of apology.

When we talk about having a toxic dressing room it’s literally a perfect example when “fans” want him back . Why? so he knows he (and other players by looking at his example) know they can say and do what they want and continue to be paid tens of millions all the while the next manager and the one after that is ultimately held accountable for the majority of their actions .

Forget who is currently in his place, Antony has been bad the whole team has. But in any successful entity whether it be a company or sports team or things like the military or any team , you have to have standards which need to be adhered to otherwise it’s a shit show where there is no control and then you cannot implement what you want.

It’s like when martial went AWOL with Jose a few years ago

I think schweinsteiger (sp) was living away when he was injured. I think there was a report with lingard (or pogba) who was told he could go on leave or training by Woodward and the manager wanted him at the club during his injury.

Look at the best example, Ferguson got rid of beckham who was a top player. Van nistelrooy was sold , he was the best striker in the world at the time. Stam, a world class player. They weren’t sold because they were playing poorly. It’s a standard to have at the club .

If there is no standard and the club goes back on itself and let’s him back without apology , then no replacement of Antony would make a long term difference.

I mean the above is said time and time again and obviously Twitter morons choose to take Sanchos back because they have a lack of understanding of what actually is happening and needs to happen.

Unread 02-11-2023, 08:58 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
It’s not even about Sanchos (apparent ) talent. It’s about setting standards. It’s about calling the manager in public and being late for training .

Otherwise the same situation will occur. The same shit@#%&!s will raise and drop their game for the next manager and get him sacked. I don’t know why people think all of a sudden Sancho should be coming back because Antony is shit .

He publicly undermined the manager and his team. How can you ever begin to set standards if you let him do this and bring him back without some form of apology.

When we talk about having a toxic dressing room it’s literally a perfect example when “fans” want him back . Why? so he knows he (and other players by looking at his example) know they can say and do what they want and continue to be paid tens of millions all the while the next manager and the one after that is ultimately held accountable for the majority of their actions .

Forget who is currently in his place, Antony has been bad the whole team has. But in any successful entity whether it be a company or sports team or things like the military or any team , you have to have standards which need to be adhered to otherwise it’s a shit show where there is no control and then you cannot implement what you want.

I think schweinsteiger (sp) was living away when he was injured. I think there was a report with lingard (or pogba) who was told he could go on leave or training by Woodward and the manager wanted him at the club during his injury.

Look at the best example, Ferguson got rid of beckham who was a top player. Van nistelrooy was sold , he was the best striker in the world at the time. Stam, a world class player. They weren’t sold because they were playing poorly. It’s a standard to have at the club .

If there is no standard and the club goes back on itself and let’s him back without apology , then no replacement of Antony would make a long term difference.

I mean the above is said time and time again and obviously Twitter morons choose to take Sanchos back because they have a lack of understanding of what actually is happening and needs to happen.
Perfectly put. In genuine disbelief this thread gets bumped after a loss.

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:10 AM
AK14

Quote:

Post.

£#%&! Sancho.

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:20 AM
nick henry

Thumbs up

Quote:

Yep

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:21 AM
Parlabane

If Sancho had anything about him he would apologise / do what ever was necessary to get back to a point where he could train with the first team.

With the team performing as bad as it is he would at least get some minutes to prove his worth.

Its nobodies fault apart from Sancho, hes the one turning up late, putting half arsed efforts in at training - He knows the route to the first team but wont take it.

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:31 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:

Postage

Unread 03-11-2023, 01:48 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:

To be clear, I don't want Sancho back in the team unless he apologizes....and I don't think one is forthcoming.

Sancho has a history of flakiness dating back all the way back to the Man City youth team.....Simply put, who the F passes up on wanting to break into City's first team? That should of been a red flag in itself.

That being said....I think Ten Hag could have managed the situation better.

I disagreed with his comments back in late July that Sancho was playing at the same level he was at Dortmund. That is BS, and probably aggravated Sancho.

(Hardly ever given a starting 11position, less games played, usually brought in on the 70 minutes...and yet still had more goals and assists than Antony, because frankly.....he is a natural talent....Antony is a grunt.)

and if his training didn't warrant a first team spot so be it, but Ferguson would have kept it quiet behind the scenes, and considering his luxurious contract....shipped him out on loan on the first opportunity.

Alternatively, I think it's possible that a manager with more experience managing potential superstars, may have been able to get a tune out of Sancho, particularly with Hojlund joining the team.

I would hope that once Diallo is back fit....he gets the same opportunity as Antony, because despite his age.....he has a hell of a lot more talent.

Unread 03-11-2023, 05:16 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
To be clear, I don't want Sancho back in the team unless he apologizes.....
Why?