Bit racist IMHO kamikaze.
You two set that one up.

Unread 07-06-2023, 12:43 PM
pedr0

If we sign him, hope he has a great korea for us

Unread 08-06-2023, 01:13 AM
marlo

wouldn't surprise me this.

we scored 58 goal last season and 2nd best defence in the league but its a defender he wants to buy first.

this would make his last 4 signings
Anthony - weghorst - sabitzer - Kim.

might be a bigger chancer than ole.

Unread 08-06-2023, 05:21 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

We scored 58 goal last season and 2nd best defence in the league but its a defender he wants to buy first.

This would make his last 4 signings
anthony - weghorst - sabitzer - kim.

Might be a bigger chancer than ole.
awks

Unread 08-06-2023, 05:25 AM
westcoastvan

I don't have time to watch football like I use to, but....

top 10 center back, Serie A , and he's tall. Given Varane's injury problems I'd swoop him up.

Unread 08-06-2023, 08:51 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

we scored 58 goal last season and 2nd best defence in the league but its a defender he wants to buy first.

*able to spell a bit better but still can't do much with punctuation marlo has logged on*

Can you not get Exclamation Mark marlo on please?

Unread 08-06-2023, 08:55 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
*able to spell a bit better but still can't do much with punctuation marlo has logged on*

Can you not get Exclamation Mark marlo on please?

Unread 08-06-2023, 08:57 AM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:

Heard the order we buy our signings is crucial to Erik.

Unread 08-06-2023, 09:58 AM
dunk

Quote:

Didn’t you say something equally £#%&!ing idiotic about the signing of Martinez?

Absolutely desperate for the manager to make mistakes. £#%&!ing weirdo.

Anyway, word today is he’s on the list but striker, midfielder and keeper are the priorities.

Unread 08-06-2023, 10:01 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Didn’t you say something equally £#%&!ing idiotic about the signing of Martinez?

Anyway, word today is he’s on the list but striker, midfielder and keeper are the priorities.
We must be confident of keeping hold of Maguire then?

Unread 08-06-2023, 10:42 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
We must be confident of keeping hold of Maguire then?
Or not confident of selling him

I imagine the unknown is what we’ll have to pay for the priorities and what will be left over. Worst case Shaw can be back up CB.

Unread 08-06-2023, 11:11 AM
atticusgrinch

I'm hearing the manager wants 7:

2 strikers;
2 midfielders;
1 CB;
1 RB;
1 GK.

Striker and CM has to be the priority. Someone who can play with and in place of Cas is key.

Would love @#%&! though. Looks immense.

Unread 08-06-2023, 01:36 PM
marlo

Quote:

We don’t need a defender.

if anything we need 2 midfielders , 2 keepers and 2 strikers before we need a CB.

even you and your silly agenda can agree.

we shouldnt even be looking at CB at all.

Unread 08-06-2023, 01:47 PM
browser

Quote:

if anything we need 2 midfielders , 2 keepers and 2 strikers before we need a CB.

Remember you saying the same thing when we signed Martinez, right around the time you put ETH ‘on watch’ I think 😂

We absolutely need a top class centre half, just as we need quality everywhere else.

Unread 08-06-2023, 01:58 PM
dunk

Quote:

Halfwit.

We’re selling Maguire, of course we need to look at a defender. That’s without taking into account Varane’s obvious frailties.

Silly agenda? backing the manager?

Unread 08-06-2023, 02:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Just out of interest, why do you think that when Guardiola took over man city, the first thing he did was gut the entire defence and goalkeeper to the tune of 400 million quid?

Because in order to play the way he wants to play you have to build from the back. If you watch the cup final vs man city the thing that stands out the most, the biggest contrast between the two sides was their ability to move the ball from back to front quickly and accurately.

Now i'm not saying we don't need a striker because my god we do, but if we've now got a manager who is going to insist on playing the same sort of football so we need better footballers at the back. It's that simple. Watching us play from the back with current personnel is a £#%&!ing car crash.

Unread 08-06-2023, 02:08 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Just out of interest, why do you think that when Guardiola took over man city, the first thing he did was gut the entire defence and goalkeeper to the tune of 400 million quid?

Because in order to play the way he wants to play you have to build from the back. If you watch the cup final vs man city the thing that stands out the most, the biggest contrast between the two sides was their ability to move the ball from back to front quickly and accurately.

Now i'm not saying we don't need a striker because my god we do, but if we've now got a manager who is going to insist on playing the same sort of football so we need better footballers at the back. It's that simple. Watching us play from the back with current personnel is a £#%&!ing car crash.
this is true but you could argue that martinez and varane are probably up there with the best passers in the squad. you could probably solve half the car crashes by moving out de gea (and awb).

also the people at the back need people in front to make space, be in space, and move intelligently. and, fred, The Scottish Player, sancho etc do not. so yeah, forgetting about agendas and so on, it doesn't matter which order you buy in but i'd definitely have midfielders, strikers, goalies up before cbs right now.

Unread 08-06-2023, 02:10 PM
NedKelly

Striker and midfielder/s before defence and GK for me, Clive.

Don’t get me wrong, De Gea needs to go, but we desperately need goals in this team.

Unread 08-06-2023, 03:49 PM
marlo

Quote:
Halfwit.

We’re selling Maguire, of course we need to look at a defender. That’s without taking into account Varane’s obvious frailties.

Silly agenda? backing the manager?
bro there’s no need for names. We are just discussing our difference of opinions if i start name calling every one says I’m being tacky.

anyway yes selling maguire we would need a replacement.

but we lost ronaldo and greenwood and haven’t replaced them
we also have 1 good midfielder and 1 that can play well for about 30 minutes.

if we gonna sign let’s 5 players this summer , none would need to be a CB. If we are signing 7 maybe the 7th should be a CB.

just for logic purposes we should even be linked to CB’s right now giving the state of our midfield and attack.
I’d even argue we need 2 strikers, 2 midfielders, 1 Keeper and maybe even a winger before a CB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

I hear your point and I’d argue our best CB was out injured and is coming back.

meanwhile we are so toothless in attack in unreal.
rashford is our main goal threat and he is slowly reverting back to running into people.

we need goals in this team. goals and abit of creativity maybe so it’s not just Bruno or bust.

that #@&%! that didn’t come off his line, does sweep the ball and now throws the few shots we concede to opposition is another problem as well.

it’s crazy that we are even talking about a CB.
Closed Thread