Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-01-2024, 05:07 PM
Dr Stranger

But … but … resale value…

Unread 22-01-2024, 05:09 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He’s going to be pretty lonely in a year or two.

Unread 22-01-2024, 05:52 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Unread 22-01-2024, 08:55 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
The most ridiculous thing about the glazers Woodward/arnold etc is that we couldnt and don’t even sell players for a lot of money

I think Dan james was probably the only transfer we ever made a profit on. Resale value makes sense…if you can sell them

Unread 23-01-2024, 10:11 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The most ridiculous thing about the glazers Woodward/arnold etc is that we couldnt and don’t even sell players for a lot of money

I think Dan james was probably the only transfer we ever made a profit on. Resale value makes sense…if you can sell them
We had that clown Woodward to thank for that & a lot of the other things that have gone wrong at the club during the last 11 years!

Unread 23-01-2024, 10:15 PM
History

Quote:

To be fair, I wouldn't expect elite clubs to sell their players for profit. Might be what Brighton do, but we should be the pinnacle.

If were selling a player for profit, we may as well consider ourselves a stepping stone. E.g Brighton

So by in large, we will always sell either players at the end of a contract or under performing players. We should still expect reasonable fee's however, but of course we need to make sure the players contract is right and probably leaning more towards incentive based.

Unread 23-01-2024, 10:26 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
We had that clown Woodward to thank for that & a lot of the other things that have gone wrong at the club during the last 11 years!
Yeah and look at the decent managers and players we have missed out on due to him. People linking Neppe resignation at Bayern to INEOS on their recruitment drive

Unread 23-01-2024, 11:17 PM
marlo

Quote:

Fans with your mentality were part of the problem.

you want to keep players that aren’t performing that little bit longer with the blind hope that they come good and then by that time there are labelled a a flop and have no transfer value. Season after that we have to offer them a new contract so we don’t lose them for free and that’s how they stay.

A player like Antony should be sold this summer but fans like you won’t agree and think he will come good.
Same with vdb should have been tossed out last January.

I’ve been saying this.

Unread 24-01-2024, 09:50 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Fans with your mentality are the reason supporter ownership is a terrible idea!

You’d have sold Giggs after a dip in form… and he had plenty.

No chance Ferguson would’ve survived more than 2 years.

Unread 24-01-2024, 10:32 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80

There's a bit of a difference between selling a player like Giggs and a player who never or rarely actually performs. Or those clearly not good enough

Giggs performed from the off as a 17 year old.

We have limited players like Wan Bissaka who are in their 5th season. And dread to think how many Martial has had

Veron was cut away after 2 seasons as he wasn't going to cut it. He'd have probably got a testimonial now.

Unread 24-01-2024, 11:02 AM
Ethers

Quote:

you want to keep players that aren’t performing that little bit longer with the blind hope that they come good and then by that time there are labelled a a flop and have no transfer value. Season after that we have to offer them a new contract so we don’t lose them for free and that’s how they stay.

A player like Antony should be sold this summer but fans like you won’t agree and think he will come good.

I’ve been saying this.
By the same logic, Sancho should have been sold already too, yes? Been here 3 years and he’s failed to perform or live up to expectations.

Unread 24-01-2024, 12:27 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
By the same logic, Sancho should have been sold already too, yes? Been here 3 years and he’s failed to perform or live up to expectations.
bro I’m not tethered to the players i like.

If a player ain’t performing we move him on.
It’s how ruthless clubs are run these days

Same with the manager. The time afforded to failures the false equivalents to saf in his day, are the reason the club has fallen off.

I said the same in the summer and dunk attacked me for it saying it.
A player shouldn’t fester at a club, if he ain’t IT after a season and a half he should be gone and if we get one wrong we get one wrong (Chelsea with salah and kdb)

Quote:

Yes saf wouldn’t have survived in todays game same way back in the day kids weren’t allowed to use calculators in exams.
Times change.

As a club we need to forget about saf and trying to compare everything to what he did. If anything the end of his tenure wasn’t as sweet as some would like to believe.

Unread 24-01-2024, 01:02 PM
Zorg

Liking the revolutionary ‘get rid of shit players’ approach

Unread 24-01-2024, 02:18 PM
puressence

Quote:

I’ve been saying this.
You wanted lingard martial and Pogba to stay

Unread 24-01-2024, 02:37 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
bro I’m not tethered to the players i like.

If a player ain’t performing we move him on.
But how does that work when you won't acknowledge they "ain't performing" or make a million excuses for them or change the subject to someone else who you think is performing worse or, if all else fails, imply people are racist?

Let's be honest, if it were up to you Pogba would still be here, probably as captain.

Unread 24-01-2024, 03:19 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
But how does that work when you won't acknowledge they "ain't performing" or make a million excuses for them or change the subject to someone else who you think is performing worse or, if all else fails, imply people are racist?

Let's be honest, if it were up to you Pogba would still be here, probably as captain.
Pogba wasn’t utilised properly it’s a different.

He didn’t help himself but can you imagine Bruno being partnered with fellaini in a 2 man midfield against city and Liverpool who are on smoke at the time.
He failed us and we failed him.
How bad would Bruno look if we played him in 2 man midfield with casimero?

But then again pogba have yoy slight hope at times as you saw his ability.

The two players i think have shown nothing next to quality we were require are Antony and vdb. Funnily enough from the same club.
They will never be good enough and we won’t even get 25% of their fee back if we sold them tomorrow.
Vdb we should have tossed out ages ago and a serious club sells Antony this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
You wanted lingard martial and Pogba to stay
Lingard? Show me please!

Martial nope. Wanted him gone for a while.

Funnily enough you lot like to pretend i just back the black players at united.
Find me one positive thing I’ve said about malacia. Same goes for Onana.

I’m impartial

Unread 24-01-2024, 03:20 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Pogba wasn’t utilised properly it’s a different.

He didn’t help himself but can you imagine Bruno being partnered with fellaini in a 2 man midfield against city and Liverpool who are on smoke at the time.
He failed us and we failed him.
How bad would Bruno look if we played him in 2 man midfield with casimero?

But then again pogba have yoy slight hope at times as you saw his ability.

The two players i think have shown nothing next to quality we were require are Antony and vdb. Funnily enough from the same club.
They will never be good enough and we won’t even get 25% of their fee back if we sold them tomorrow.
Vdb we should have tossed out ages ago and a serious club sells Antony this summer.

Lingard? Show me please!

Martial nope. Wanted him gone for a while.

Funnily enough you lot like to pretend i just back the black players at united.
Find me one positive thing I’ve said about malacia. Same goes for Onana.

I’m impartial
Just wondering why City or Madrid weren't in for this misunderstood genius when his contract was up? Weird.

Unread 24-01-2024, 05:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

I’m impartial

Unread 24-01-2024, 06:32 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:

Tbf to you the points you made there are good one's

Unread 25-01-2024, 06:53 AM
croady26

I think he made an appearance at the end of the Guardiola documentary last night