United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-09-2021, 12:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
all he does is make saves.
Not at all. He also causes mayhem by being a shithouse rigidly stuck to his line and by providing shite passes to prone midfield and defenders.

Unread 30-09-2021, 12:57 PM
Zorg

Great to see him rediscover his saving ... er gloves

Unread 30-09-2021, 01:29 PM
Hyman_Roth

He’s not been great for a couple of seasons but I’d put it as only being 6 or 7 out of 10 compared to his usual 9/10.

Those trying to get him binned were wrong - especially as there were at least 7-8 players that needed to be binned ahead of him.

Literally, has consistently been the least of our problems since being at the club.

Unread 30-09-2021, 03:00 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not at all. He also causes mayhem by being a shithouse rigidly stuck to his line and by providing shite passes to prone midfield and defenders.
How are you not embarrased to post this?

Unread 30-09-2021, 03:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
How are you not embarrased to post this?
Because I’ve watched him for the last 3 years

Unread 30-09-2021, 03:22 PM
Neo

Cool

Time to reload this 2013 classic?

Unread 30-09-2021, 03:47 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
He’s not been great for a couple of seasons but I’d put it as only being 6 or 7 out of 10 compared to his usual 9/10.

Those trying to get him binned were wrong - especially as there were at least 7-8 players that needed to be binned ahead of him.

Literally, has consistently been the least of our problems since being at the club
I wouldn’t go that far tbh

Whilst he’s on track to being a top keeper again (long may this resurgence continue) he had one particular run of form where he was borderline chucking them in and it wasn’t exactly short.

Unread 30-09-2021, 04:19 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Literally, has consistently been the least of our problems since being at the club.
Think it was a case of being well below par for 2-3 seasons and earning north of 300k a week. With those wages you expect top performances all the time bar 1-2 games a season

Side note we £#%&!ed ourselves giving henderson 100k a week to sit on the bench. Hopefully his reputation won’t drop too much by the time someone bids for him

Unread 21-10-2021, 09:30 PM
Vedder

Unread 21-10-2021, 09:45 PM
Mr_Ed

It’s a solitary existence isn’t it. He says vamos a lot.
Thank £#%&! for the myriad of English expletives.

Unread 21-10-2021, 11:11 PM
avocado

Quote:
I’m not bothered about his distribution. Clearly it would be preferable if he could do a portion of what the Dane did in that department, but half the trouble is the lack of anticipation from said midfield and defenders. But the line point is real. Every opposition knows he will not leave it so they can happily sling every corner into the six yard box. Any half decent contact then puts the ball in the net. If you have a keeper who will wipe out anyone within range (and they will always get the benefit of doubt from the referee) the dynamic changes. The cross is towards the penalty spot and losing a header there is not fatal. I think he is a great shot stopper, but you need more in a physical league.

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:51 PM
saffers

Dunk in the mud again.

"All he does is make saves"

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:49 PM
dunk

He’s shite.

Loving saffers obsession though. My name all over his posts rent free.

Unread 11-12-2021, 10:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Certainly playing with more assurance this season.

He’s alway made top saves, that’s not the issue. He’s the best in the world at that. Saves like the Pukki one are standard for him.

I was more pleased with his concentration levels, being decisive off his line. That third save he sort of bundles off the line is the type he might have meekly palmed in six months ago.

He’s improved this season, for sure, I’m still unconvinced it will last though. Encouraging, but I’d like to see more than half a season’s form.

Unread 11-12-2021, 10:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
He’s shite.

Loving saffers obsession though. My name all over his posts rent free.

he's not shite though is he ffs what a daft statement.

Unread 11-12-2021, 10:09 PM
The taste of...

Looked to me like Raif has told him to £#%&! off unless he spends time off his line now it’s a high press.

Looks like it did him good and the fresh air made his balls drop - he earned his coin this week

Till he throws one in again

Unread 11-12-2021, 10:10 PM
Vedder

Brilliant shot stopper, one of the best I’ve seen. Put a collection of his greatest save together and it would be unreal. He’s still a soft @#%&! though who’s glued to his line

Unread 11-12-2021, 10:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
he's not shite though is he ffs what a daft statement.
He is though. He makes saves goalkeepers should make and the occasional brilliant reflex save, all the while scaring the defence to death with his silent refusal to leave his line and erratic kicking. Then there’s his love for chucking soft ones in from time to time. Crap.

Unread 11-12-2021, 11:00 PM
Red_Rizla

Outstanding again today. I really don’t get those who focus on the things he does less well rather than appreciating the sheer number of points he has won for a us

Unread 11-12-2021, 11:50 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rizla
Outstanding again today. I really don’t get those who focus on the things he does less well rather than appreciating the sheer number of points he has won for a us
This. He's the best keeper we have by a country mile. There are so many problems with this squad at the moment. De Gea isn't one of them.
Closed Thread