United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-09-2021, 10:03 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Not seen yet but people moaning online that it was man united propaganda

How the £#%&! can you tell the story of the first years of the PL without it being mostly about us??
people don't like the truth. We won the premier league 8 times in the first 10 years of it, how the £#%&! could it not be about us?

Unread 07-09-2021, 10:15 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
people don't like the truth. We won the premier league 8 times in the first 10 years of it, how the £#%&! could it not be about us?
Very valid point.

Unread 07-09-2021, 10:29 AM
believe

Tbf when I was watching I was thinking imagine being a non United supporter getting any enjoyment out of this I like how they tried to dramatize the end with le saux trying to make out there is some deep rooted history between Blackburn and United filled with hatred.

Also tickled me that the music behind every Blackburn clip was a Manchester based band. I imagine they couldn’t buy the rights to play Send the buggars back by Half a shilling.

Unread 07-09-2021, 10:43 AM
Red Santos

Loved it. A Proper Nostalgia trip which includes some footage i havent seen before..
A Man United Premier League history lesson. Felt so old after watching that though

Next week Eric laying into that simmons @#%&!.

Unread 07-09-2021, 10:46 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Tbf when I was watching I was thinking imagine being a non United supporter getting any enjoyment out of this I like how they tried to dramatize the end with le saux trying to make out there is some deep rooted history between Blackburn and United filled with hatred.

Also tickled me that the music behind every Blackburn clip was a Manchester based band. I imagine they couldn’t buy the rights to play Send the buggars back by Half a shilling.
Kenny Dalglish never fails to mention that he couldn't believe Keane's 'Cheek' by turning Blackburn down, when Kenny himself had spoken to him. Anytime the Premier League does anything about it's inception or Blackburn, he's always on there saying how he wanted to throttle Roy Keane and was 'very angry with him on the phone'. I bet he mentions it in every after dinner speech he's ever done since ffs. Again, it's Sky's way of making out there was a huge rivalry and hatred when there just wasn't.

Unread 07-09-2021, 11:42 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Kenny Dalglish never fails to mention that he couldn't believe Keane's 'Cheek' by turning Blackburn down, when Kenny himself had spoken to him. Anytime the Premier League does anything about it's inception or Blackburn, he's always on there saying how he wanted to throttle Roy Keane and was 'very angry with him on the phone'. I bet he mentions it in every after dinner speech he's ever done since ffs. Again, it's Sky's way of making out there was a huge rivalry and hatred when there just wasn't.
"Nobody does this to Kenny Dalglish"

Third personning @#%&!.

Unread 07-09-2021, 12:35 PM
tatty

If Keane hadn't turned Blackburn down we wouldn't have been nearly as successful.

There wasn't another midfielder near him on the market during the 90's.

Unread 07-09-2021, 12:36 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
"Nobody does this to Kenny Dalglish"

Third personning @#%&!.

He was SEETHING

Unread 07-09-2021, 05:44 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Tbf I hated Blackburn in the sane way that I hated Arsenal and Chelsea. It was the first game you looked for after City, Liverpool and Leeds. The second they stopped becoming a threat meh. Always cracks me up how riled we get them everytime we go to Ewood, like they're our rivals ffs

Unread 07-09-2021, 06:37 PM
Mr_Ed

Really enjoying this. I see Edwards is trying to take credit for Eric

Unread 07-09-2021, 07:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I mean, the likes of *Sunderland* think they have a "huge rivalry and hatred" with us FFS. Its true of literally every small town club in the land

Unread 07-09-2021, 07:28 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
If Keane hadn't turned Blackburn down we wouldn't have been nearly as successful.

There wasn't another midfielder near him on the market during the 90's.
Interesting in the first ep where Shearer said United didn't have the money and asked him to wait whilst they sorted it out and exactly 12 months later we did the same again because they had to negotiate with Keane / Forest.

Keane, in his own words, earned less at United than he would have done at Rovers and the only reason we got anywhere near him was because their office was closed on a Sunday. The smug bint in the first episode wasn't looking so smug then I bet.

Unread 08-09-2021, 10:43 AM
Falselights

97 v Dortmund - we win that with Shearer
98 v Monaco - same

Was at both - heartbreaking

weren't we also hampered by the foreigner rule? How long did that last?

Unread 08-09-2021, 10:52 AM
Sparky***

Blackburn

You forget they were good for about 4 years.

I’d be pissed off if I were a Norwich or Villa fan seeing as they were our actual challengers in 92/93.

93/94 should be interesting. We were about 18 points clear by October

Unread 08-09-2021, 11:10 AM
programmes?

Is it covering each individual season per programme?

Unread 08-09-2021, 04:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falselights
97 v Dortmund - we win that with Shearer
98 v Monaco - same

Was at both - heartbreaking

weren't we also hampered by the foreigner rule? How long did that last?
It was gone by the 1996-97 campaign, so we can't blame that.

Unread 13-09-2021, 08:41 PM
thatsfuctit

20 minute warning

Unread 13-09-2021, 08:58 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Interesting in the first ep where Shearer said United didn't have the money and asked him to wait whilst they sorted it out and exactly 12 months later we did the same again because they had to negotiate with Keane / Forest.

Keane, in his own words, earned less at United than he would have done at Rovers and the only reason we got anywhere near him was because their office was closed on a Sunday. The smug bint in the first episode wasn't looking so smug then I bet.
Think he was on £16k a week at utd and would have been on £23 at rovers. Seen a quote where he'd often say it cost him £7k a week to play for utd so we had better £#%&!ing win

Unread 13-09-2021, 09:28 PM
The Stella Fella

Wonder what ever happened to that #@&%! Simmons

Unread 13-09-2021, 09:36 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Think he was on £16k a week at utd and would have been on £23 at rovers. Seen a quote where he'd often say it cost him £7k a week to play for utd so we had better f***ing win
Pretty sure his first contract at united was nowhere near that, sure it was about 350k a year
Closed Thread