United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-08-2021, 08:32 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Not sure koppas really counts. He probably had a dream last night that he was leaving.

Unread 29-08-2021, 08:36 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Why do people hate him? I think he’s a good option off the bench personally. Especially if we go on a good CL/domestic cup run and fixtures start bogging us down.
Who hates him? He’s just not good enough

Unread 29-08-2021, 08:39 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Who hates him? He’s just not good enough
This. He’s a hard working lad and people acknowledge that, but he’s just not very good. He’s young and he’ll improve, but he doesn’t have the requisite level of quality. Especially for an attacking player.

Unread 29-08-2021, 08:42 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Not sure koppas really counts. He probably had a dream last night that he was leaving.
Nope, was not football related.

Unread 29-08-2021, 08:48 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Nope, was not football related.
pm?

Unread 29-08-2021, 09:00 AM
Mr_Ed

Tried to like him, he wasn’t good enough.

Unread 29-08-2021, 09:24 AM
The taste of...

Get that £#%&!ing Martial out the door first

Unread 29-08-2021, 09:36 AM
Patty_b

Bear in mind, this probably means Martial is staying.

Wouldn't mind him as an option off the bench, and he's effective in the right games. Although reckon he'd do well at a mid-table club so probably a fair option all round.

Unread 29-08-2021, 09:38 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Get that £#%&!ing Martial out the door first
James is absolutely awful mate. Worst player I’ve seen in the shirt for a while. Tone should stay.

Unread 29-08-2021, 09:50 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Bear in mind, this probably means Martial is staying.

Wouldn't mind him as an option off the bench, and he's effective in the right games. Although reckon he'd do well at a mid-table club so probably a fair option all round.
Martial is staying regardless of what happens with James. And for all his flaws, Martial is an infinitely better option than James.

Unread 29-08-2021, 09:59 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Martial is staying regardless of what happens with James. And for all his flaws, Martial is an infinitely better option than James.
Disagree.

Martial only scored 2 more goals than James last season in 10 more appearances. And I can't be bothered digging into it, but I'd be confident in saying that James offered infinitely more off the ball than Martial did in any game, and will do going forward as well.

Wasn't always the best on the ball but offered a lot off it. That shouldn't be enough to call himself a Man United player, but he still offers more than Martial.

Unread 29-08-2021, 10:06 AM
AK14

Shame

Still had a place in the squad imo and will no doubt be on lower wages than the shit @#%&!s like Lingard and that sleep walking @#%&! martial who should be the first out the door.

Like Nedders said he’d be useful for cup games when we get to the stage of fixtures piling up and no doubt martial will be injured or even worse suspended again…

Quote:
Disagree.

Martial only scored 2 more goals than James last season in 10 more appearances. And I can't be bothered digging into it, but I'd be confident in saying that James offered infinitely more off the ball than Martial did in any game, and will do going forward as well.

Wasn't always the best on the ball but offered a lot off it. That shouldn't be enough to call himself a Man United player, but he still offers more than Martial.
Correct.

Unread 29-08-2021, 10:06 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Disagree.

Lingard offered us more than Martial did last year

Unread 29-08-2021, 10:22 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Disagree.

He offers more in terms of work rate, but the gap in quality is huge

I’m not about to defend martial though. He’s on borrowed time and is rightly sliding down tje pecking order.

Unread 29-08-2021, 10:34 AM
shenwen

Quote:
No he’s not.

Both James and Lingard give more than Martial, which isn’t difficult as Martial gives £#%&! all. There are games when James’ work rate and defensive attributes would make him a good option to bring off the bench. Can’t think of a single game scenario where a sane person would say the same about Martial.

He’s a £#%&!ing Jonah and should have been chopped already

Unread 29-08-2021, 10:35 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
James is absolutely awful mate. Worst player I’ve seen in the shirt for a while. Tone should stay.
Sounds like vitriol that, pal?

Unread 29-08-2021, 11:18 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
No he’s not.

Both James and Lingard give more than Martial, which isn’t difficult as Martial gives £#%&! all. There are games when James’ work rate and defensive attributes would make him a good option to bring off the bench. Can’t think of a single game scenario where a sane person would say the same about Martial.

He’s a £#%&!ing Jonah and should have been chopped already
Short memories. A bad season following on from being our top scorer vs. Runs around a lot

Unread 29-08-2021, 11:21 AM
AK14

A bad season…

Unread 29-08-2021, 11:24 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Short memories. A bad season following on from being our top scorer vs. Runs around a lot
He works less than James, but he’s better. A lot better. Pretty simple really.

Unread 29-08-2021, 11:57 AM
shenwen

Quote:
He works less than James, but he’s better. A lot better. Pretty simple really.
The only thing simple is your logic.

He’s better on paper but he’s useless. No point having that Mercedes in the garage if the engine is bust. Better to have a car that can actually move

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Even when he was scoring he was lazy. I’d take runs around a lot over taking a season to get his confidence/form back after a minor injury thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
A bad season…

It was a bad month, a bad couple of months and now a bad season. I wonder where the line gets drawn.
Closed Thread