dunk

Just scored..

Unread 21-05-2022, 08:56 PM
Pop

Wow. And against the titans of Metz.

Who've already been relegated.

Unread 21-05-2022, 08:59 PM
dunk

I don’t suppose we can really knock the lad, the goal is to get as wealthy as possible and he’s just signed a deal that ensures no one he gives even the slightest £#%&! about ever has to worry about money again. At 23. He’ll be a billionaire before he’s 30, as I imagine the numbers don’t include bonuses and that’s without his Nike deal and whatever other endorsements he’s got going. He could go full Neymar/Ronadlinho and he’s still set for 100 lifetimes

I suppose there came a point where the numbers PSG were chucking at him couldn’t be turned down.

Unread 21-05-2022, 09:00 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Wow. And against the titans of Metz.

Who've already been relegated.
Some Manchester United defending there. One defender goes forward ,nowhere near the ball , exposing the other Cb and massive space behind him. Ball in behind and the striker finishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don’t suppose we can really knock the lad, the goal is to get as wealthy as possible and he’s just signed a deal that ensures no one he gives even the slightest £#%&! about ever has to worry about money again. At 23. He’ll be a billionaire before he’s 30, as I imagine the numbers don’t include bonuses and that’s without his Nike deal and whatever other endorsements he’s got going. He could go full Neymar/Ronadlinho and he’s still set for 100 lifetimes

I suppose there came a point where the numbers PSG were chucking at him couldn’t be turned down.
Of course not but this isn’t him having a “normal “ job. Playing football, it’s a passion , there’s wanting to do it since We were kids etc. to be the best, the put yourself in the history books.

Tbh it’s hard to put in perspective if United came calling, I’m sure 90% of Fred would take 300/400k and playing for Manchester United over 600/700k a week playing for Madrid .

Unread 21-05-2022, 09:05 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
One defender goes forward ,nowhere near the ball , exposing the other Cb and massive space behind him. Ball in behind and the striker finishes.
Thanks for describing the events in the video, pal.

Unread 21-05-2022, 09:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Some Manchester United defending there. One defender goes forward ,nowhere near the ball , exposing the other Cb and massive space behind him. Ball in behind and the striker finishes.

Of course not but this isn’t him having a “normal “ job. Playing football, it’s a passion , there’s wanting to do it since We were kids etc. to be the best, the put yourself in the history books.

Tbh it’s hard to put in perspective if United came calling, I’m sure 90% of Fred would take 300/400k and playing for Manchester United over 600/700k a week playing for Madrid .
All being well, he leaves at 26 with all the French records in his pocket off to make history elsewhere. If it were a 5 year deal it would be odd.

There’s a fair chance PSG have agreed to sell in 2 years to ensure they get something back too.

Unread 21-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
All being well, he leaves at 26 with all the French records in his pocket off to make history elsewhere.
I haven’t even read the details. I assumed this contract will be taking him to 28/29 didn’t realise he was so young more to him then!

Unread 21-05-2022, 09:24 PM
dunk

Hat-trick

Unread 21-05-2022, 10:50 PM
Zorg

Unread 22-05-2022, 12:22 AM
Baron

He’s an astonishing talent, it’s actually depressing to see him stick there. Fact is he’s guaranteed his entire families livelihood for generations to come, and anyone he’s ever been a friend to. Probably their friends to. He hasn’t had to work that hard for that money really by sticking there - rewarded by failure, and judging by those goals he scored in the clips he’ll probably never need to but that’s why it’ll be a wasted career.

Much as it hurt when Ronnie left he went and won CL after CL. 60 goal seasons in Spain, bettered Messi in a tit for tat battle at their peaks. What does this mean for him? Bill Gates money sure… but no glory.

Nothing but a bank account.

The game is teetering on meaningless for me. Glory is a byword. Sportswashed into oblivion.

Unread 22-05-2022, 03:02 AM
Stickman

nothing like a good bribe to make your player stay.

Pathetic

Unread 22-05-2022, 06:57 AM
Patty_b

Bad move from both parties imo. They don't need someone of his talent to dominate the league, and surely they could use the money they're throwing at him to replace the impact he has in the Champions League without making him manager and director of football at the same time.

Don't they know Martial is available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I know we all like to stick the boot into City regarding FFP, but how in god's name have PSG never been investigated for any of this?

They play in a tinpot league that attracts £#%&! all tv and sponsorship money, how exactly are they justifying all this?
They don't need to justify it for that reason. No-one really gives a shit so it's easier to turn a blind eye. City are getting away with their blatent cheating despite playing and winning the most watched league in the world

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:00 AM
guerreiro

Was he playing with Martial at Monaco? Wonder if we had a choice at the time?

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:12 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Martial was a random hit and hope nqat

Unread 22-05-2022, 10:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
He was, but he was 16.

Unread 22-05-2022, 10:45 AM
Zorg

'Your job now is to get behind your new manager: me'

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:16 AM
redhegemony

The big question is who is the person in his management team behind him exerting this power.

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:26 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:31 AM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Ffs

Unread 22-05-2022, 02:09 PM