United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-08-2021, 09:28 AM
Neo

Question

If Madrid is the only club he wants to join, why would they pay £160m+ for him now when they can wait 9 months and get him for free? Something doesn't quite add up.

Surely he stays for a year and leaves on a free, unless he's worried about being made to rot on the bench for a year, but I doubt PSG would do that considering how desperate they are to win the Champions League.

Unread 25-08-2021, 09:30 AM
Baron

Seems mad, especially as he'll get to play alongside Messi for a season before leaving & inevitably being paid even more.

Unread 25-08-2021, 10:38 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
If Madrid is the only club he wants to join, why would they pay £160m+ for him now when they can wait 9 months and get him for free? Something doesn't quite add up.

Surely he stays for a year and leaves on a free, unless he's worried about being made to rot on the bench for a year, but I doubt PSG would do that considering how desperate they are to win the Champions League.
Thought the exact same. Especially when the club are in so much debt. Basically throwing money away.

Unread 25-08-2021, 10:46 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Thought the exact same. Especially when the club are in so much debt. Basically throwing money away.
Because that’s the sort of thing they do. They don’t operate like English clubs. They have to make their dick-swinging statement signings. The fans expect it and it’s all part of their image. If they sell the likes of Varane and Ramos and don’t sign anyone, the fans will pull the stadium down.

Unread 25-08-2021, 10:55 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
the fans will pull the stadium down.
few quid saved on stadium renovation

Unread 25-08-2021, 03:34 PM
dunk

Unread 25-08-2021, 03:37 PM
naes_sean

they still owe Monaco money?

Unread 25-08-2021, 03:41 PM
ScarFace

Mbappe will 100% go now, it's just a matter of negotiation. Praying, they buy Ronny, as if he goes to city

Unread 25-08-2021, 04:15 PM
Patty_b

So they won't accept 160 because they still owe Monaco money, and instead lose him on a free next season.

How the £#%&! have these @#%&!s not been nailed to the wall for breaching FFP, it's beyond a joke now.

Unread 25-08-2021, 04:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
So they won't accept 160 because they still owe Monaco money, and instead lose him on a free next season.

How the £#%&! have these @#%&!s not been nailed to the wall for breaching FFP, it's beyond a joke now.
PSG chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi has been elected to key post at UEFA – with the support of the German FA. This comes despite widespread concerns about the influential Qatari's role at PSG and TV company BeIN Sports.

Unread 25-08-2021, 04:35 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
they still owe Monaco money?
Yep, fees like this are often paid in instalments over the life of the initial contract. Very few aren't, with the first high profile one being Ronaldo to Real Madrid because the Glazers needed the full £80m in the Red Football accounts to make them look better at the point of the bond issue in 2010.

Unread 25-08-2021, 04:56 PM
Neo

Have to say, Madrid really are a formidable beast aren't they. Currently in their worst decline in living memory, but still have the muscle to prize away the world's most sought after player from the world's richest club.

Can't stand the @#%&!s, but when it comes to transfers, they operate in a way that no other club can.

Unread 25-08-2021, 05:04 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
PSG chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi has been elected to key post at UEFA – with the support of the German FA. This comes despite widespread concerns about the influential Qatari's role at PSG and TV company BeIN Sports.
Of course he has.

You really can't take football too seriously these days. It's one big £#%&!ing corrupt bunch of bastards from top to bottom. It won't be long until the edifice burns down to the ground, and I say that half hoping it does. It's a joke.

Bit surprised zi germans have supported the appointment though, I'll have to read about that.

Unread 25-08-2021, 05:16 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Of course he has.

You really can't take football too seriously these days. It's one big £#%&!ing corrupt bunch of bastards from top to bottom. It won't be long until the edifice burns down to the ground, and I say that half hoping it does. It's a joke.

Bit surprised zi germans have supported the appointment though, I'll have to read about that.
Spot on, and it's one of the reasons why I actually don't mind someone like Raiola, who is essentially just a pantomime villain.

He knows that the sport is infected by a rotting core of greed, so he just exploits it, and makes no apologies for it, despite everyone in the game labelling him as the problem.

Why would he not be playing hardball with clubs like United and Chelsea, when those clubs are ran by the worst type of corrupt crooks? Fergie can call him a "shitbag", too, but Fergie's principles went out the door as soon as he started taking the Glazer coin. The game is dead.

Unread 26-08-2021, 12:17 AM
rubbernecker

Qatari royal joins the fun and decides to sideswipe Franco's boys

Unread 26-08-2021, 12:32 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

Qatari royal joins the fun and decides to sideswipe Franco's boys
As much as i don't really care much for Madrid at times, that £#%&!ing two bob plastic circus of a club in Paris has got some nerve taking shots at the biggest club in the world.

And that "golfer" has won more european cups in his time at madrid than the Qatari's plaything has in their entire history.

Unread 26-08-2021, 12:34 AM
tatty

I had to google klm athani...never heard of the bloke.

Turns out he's the brother of the owner.

Top bantz from the lad.

Unread 26-08-2021, 02:59 AM
Vedder

The disrespect bale gets

Unread 26-08-2021, 08:58 AM
dunk

£187m for a player in the last year of his contract

Perhaps Jesse is a bargain at £25m..

Unread 26-08-2021, 09:17 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
As much as i don't really care much for Madrid at times, that £#%&!ing two bob plastic circus of a club in Paris has got some nerve taking shots at the biggest club in the world.

And that "golfer" has won more european cups in his time at madrid than the Qatari's plaything has in their entire history.
Jonathan Greening has more champions league medals than those plastic £#%&!ing £#%&!ers.

Madrid are #@&%!s but Jesus, at least they're an actual club with an actual history
Closed Thread