United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-08-2021, 10:57 AM
Jethro

Going to be a long season based on the reaction to this team.

Unread 14-08-2021, 10:58 AM
Patty_b

Can't believe we're not starting all those other players we have, like the Dutch lad who was a bit shit when he played last season, and the French lad who was even shitter last season and hasn't played a competitive match in about 9 months.

It's a madness.

Unread 14-08-2021, 10:59 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Going to be a long season based on the reaction to this team.
Just a bit of frustration. Feels like a diluted team. If we play well and can get through it, there will be no complaints.

Unread 14-08-2021, 11:01 AM
Sandman

Nice to see the same collection of shitc***s that stumbled to the end of the season back, kill any optimism off nice and early.

jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Can't believe we're not starting all those other players we have, like the Dutch lad who was a bit shit when he played last season, and the French lad who was even shitter last season and hasn't played a competitive match in about 9 months.

It's a madness.
and the welsh lad who...... oh.

Bunker Buster

Such a £#%&!ing negative message to send on day 1....

So deflated.

Unread 14-08-2021, 11:03 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Such a £#%&!ing negative message to send on day 1....

So deflated.
#freedonny

Unread 14-08-2021, 11:04 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Fred actually had a good copa America and usually you pick teams on merit no appearance.
Well done to Fred on looking decent in a really shit Brazil side.

Unread 14-08-2021, 11:05 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

It's a madness.
How dare you bring your logic here! Outside of matic and maybe lingard nobody from preseason showed they deserved to get a start. Even bringing them two in , they’re hardly game changers.

Unread 14-08-2021, 11:05 AM
NedKelly

Looking forward to the game but I can already hear AK calling for Sancho and, dare I say it, the Fire Martial at halftime.

Unread 14-08-2021, 11:06 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
How dare you bring your logic here! Outside of matic and maybe lingard nobody from preseason showed they deserved to get a start. Even bringing them two in , they’re hardly game changers.
How much pre season has Fred had ?

Unread 14-08-2021, 11:06 AM
believe

Quote:

It's a madness.
I think it’s more a case of the reality coming back to hit us. It’s easy to bury your head preseason and get excited about very little. That team sheet is just a stark reminder of where we are.

Unread 14-08-2021, 11:07 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
And The Scottish Player and Pogba.

He’s going with what he knows.

McFred, James… safety nets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think it’s more a case of the reality coming back to hit us. It’s easy to bury your head preseason and get excited about very little. That team sheet is just a stark reminder of where we are.
I think it’s more a reminder of how this season is another case of clubs not being ready. Euros, copa America, Olympics, Covid, quarantine all affecting clubs preps.

We’re missing Sancho, Varane, Martial and Cavani because there’s just not enough time to get everyone back and ready.

And then we’ve got actual injuries to Henderson, Telles and Rashford.

Unread 14-08-2021, 11:09 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Just a bit of frustration. Feels like a diluted team. If we play well and can get through it, there will be no complaints.
First team of the season was always going to be deflating. If we can't roll over Leeds with this XI then we may as well not bother this season.

Unread 14-08-2021, 11:10 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Like I said matic has a case of playing ahead of Fred. But that’s hardly a game changer . Matic doesn’t have the best agility and playing Fred as shit as he is, someone who can make up quick ground against a team who play at a high tempo isn’t the worst idea.

Unread 14-08-2021, 11:10 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
vdb - A player that has showing nothing to suggest he is should be in our starting line up but yeah it’s disappointing

“He has done some weights he has to start”
I’m tongue in cheeking the signing you meff.

Unread 14-08-2021, 11:11 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
He played in the Copa America, its not like he's lacking match practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Fair point. If we don't bring in another midfielder then this season is a write off imo. But I can still understand what squad we have at our disposal at this current time.

Unread 14-08-2021, 11:12 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
He played in the Copa America, its not like he's lacking match practice.
Oh right, so now he doesn't need a rest, but others do ?

It's safety first shite and everyone knows it, absolutely no harm in throwing Donny, Sancho, martial at Leeds on the first day...

Unread 14-08-2021, 11:13 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

It's safety first shite and everyone knows it, absolutely no harm in throwing Donny, Sancho, martial at Leeds on the first day...
I'm not sure what you're getting at? I'd didn't say players need to be rested

Pretty much the whole starting lineup played in international competitions over the summer.

Unread 14-08-2021, 11:14 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

We should still win with this team. Stop the bed wetting before the game.
We have rashford cavani Sancho varane all to come back into the team. The team today is far from the finished article / best XI