United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-08-2021, 10:31 PM
dunk

If only we’d thought of a last minute keeper sub..

Unread 11-08-2021, 10:49 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/chelseafc/status...603761164?s=21

If only we’d thought of a last minute keeper sub..

Unread 11-08-2021, 10:51 PM
dunk

That makes no sense.

Unread 11-08-2021, 10:53 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
even bigger stain than losing two finals to doped up Barcelona pal?
Three stains on our club.

Unread 11-08-2021, 11:00 PM
saffers

Quote:
That makes no sense.
There was not a "we" standing by our dugout. There was only one man.

Unread 11-08-2021, 11:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
There was not a "we" standing by our dugout. There was only one man.
You’re agenda is boring. The amazing Tuchel achieved the same result over 120 minutes.

Unread 11-08-2021, 11:08 PM
Sparky***

Can't say i'm sorry to watch that awful bunch of spoilers lose. Emery can £#%&! off as well the @#%&!.

Unread 11-08-2021, 11:08 PM
saffers

Quote:
You’re agenda is boring. The amazing Tuchel achieved the same result over 120 minutes.
Tuchel just won his 2nd trophy in a few months chief. A few days after most his keyplayers just returned from holidays. Barely any pre season for most of them. Still delivered.

Unread 11-08-2021, 11:11 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Tuchel just won his 2nd trophy in a few months chief. A few days after most his keyplayers just returned from holidays. Barely any pre season for most of them. Still delivered.
You mean that he won a 1 rophy and glorified friendly right?

Unread 11-08-2021, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Can't say i'm sorry to watch that awful bunch of spoilers lose. Emery can £#%&! off as well the @#%&!.
Yeah, no good result with this one.

Unread 11-08-2021, 11:19 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
You mean that he won a 1 rophy and glorified friendly right?
Tbh, I was pissed when Lazio and Zenit beat us. Real not so much as it was fully expected.

Unread 11-08-2021, 11:30 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Can't say i'm sorry to watch that awful bunch of spoilers lose. Emery can f*** off as well the @#%&!.
Yet another game were you could be delighted with the team who lost until you are reminded at which team won. Some times you wish both teams could lose.

Unread 11-08-2021, 11:34 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
I don't watch Crime Inc or their twin brothers, these teams just turn you off football. Would have been glad to glance a headline that Chelsea had lost, but hey ho, this is how the game looks now. ciddy, them and psg will probably clear the board next season but no one really cares, just made up teams playing football manager.

Unread 11-08-2021, 11:41 PM
JamesPolk

Default Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Tbh, I was pissed when Lazio and Zenit beat us. Real not so much as it was fully expected.
I must admit you could question SAF's motives in both of those games. There wasn't any reason for United to lose both of them since they were in it, if we are being honest, and you could say the same about various loses in the FA charity/Community shield as well. SAF was often qouted to say that these games were "Barometers of Fitness".

Unread 11-08-2021, 11:52 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
I must admit you could question SAF's motives in both of those games. There wasn't any reason for United to lose both of them since they were in it, if we are being honest, and you could say the same about various loses in the FA charity/Community shield as well. SAF was often qouted to say that these games were "Barometers of Fitness".
The loss against Porto was the one for me, big ears was waiting for us and we just £#%&!ed it up. There were other blunders in the European cup and we should easily be up to 5.

Unread 12-08-2021, 12:05 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
The loss against Porto was the one for me, big ears was waiting for us and we just £#%&!ed it up. There were other blunders in the European cup and we should easily be up to 5.
1998 Monaco

2002 Bayer Leverkusen

2004 going out to porto after one our goals was incorrectly ruled offside.

2007 losing to that Milan team which wasn’t that great. Evra and Heinze running into each other for one of Kaka’s goals.

Loads of missed opportunities. But then I suppose every club has their own tales of disappointment as well.

Unread 12-08-2021, 12:24 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
1998 Monaco

2002 Bayer Leverkusen

2007 losing to that Milan team which wasn’t that great. Evra and Heinze running into each other for one of Kaka’s goals.

Loads of missed opportunities. But then I suppose every club has their own tales of disappointment as well.
Probably a few more to add to the list, when we were undoubtedly the best team in Europe, we really ought to have won more EC cups, at least level with the scouse. It just didn't seem to be fergle's strong hand, especially when it mattered most.

Unread 12-08-2021, 12:29 AM
dunk

Quote:
Excuses for Tuchel, whereas Ole playing the last game of the longest season gets none? I see you pal.

Unread 12-08-2021, 12:40 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Probably a few more to add to the list, when we were undoubtedly the best team in Europe, we really ought to have won more EC cups, at least level with the scouse. It just didn't seem to be fergle's strong hand, especially when it mattered most.
Thats just the SAF era, who knows what the Busby era would look like if that terrible tragedy didn't happen at the Munich air port in 1958.

Quote:

Who cares about other clubs disapointments. I would prefer if those lots would be dispointed after most season instead of United.

Unread 12-08-2021, 03:11 AM
Stickman

Quote:
1998 Monaco

2002 Bayer Leverkusen

2010 was ours too IMO had we not £#%&!ed it v Bayern.
Closed Thread