United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-07-2021, 03:00 PM
Danoli

If they can’t buy Grealish and don’t get Kane, who will they buy?

Unread 17-07-2021, 03:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
If they can’t buy Grealish and don’t get Kane, who will they buy?
They'll get Kane. Ignore all the 'poor us we can't afford it' %@#$&!s, they're just busy behind the scenes working out a way to make it look good on the books.

Unread 17-07-2021, 03:30 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Chelsea’s team starting today includes Rahman, Zappacosta, Sarr, Drinkwater, Barkley, Alonso, Hudson-Odoi and Abraham, none of who will be there or feature for them next season
Bloody loves his Chelsea pre season does dunk.

Unread 17-07-2021, 04:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Bloody loves his Chelsea pre season does dunk.
Not as much as you love quoting my posts if they mention Chelsea.

First time I’ve mentioned them, for ages in any way tbh, and then only because I saw the line up and was amazed half of those players were still there. Them and City are bordering on slave traders, just owning as many players as possible.

Unread 17-07-2021, 06:57 PM
Harry Flashman

https://www.ft.com/content/c8cdc3f6-...7-f6e7bb5af92a

Borrowing a few quid to fund some more sports washing.
Could use it for transfers.

Unread 17-07-2021, 07:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Not as much as you love quoting my posts if they mention Chelsea.

First time I’ve mentioned them, for ages in any way tbh, and then only because I saw the line up and was amazed half of those players were still there. Them and City are bordering on slave traders, just owning as many players as possible.
You would have thought the authorities could do something about this if there was the will, wouldn't you.

Unread 17-07-2021, 11:17 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Chelsea’s team starting today includes Rahman, Zappacosta, Sarr, Drinkwater, Barkley, Alonso, Hudson-Odoi and Abraham, none of who will be there or feature for them next season
Vitesse Arnhem will be pleased to see their season preparations are going well

Unread 20-07-2021, 03:53 PM
ScarFace

Unread 20-07-2021, 04:05 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

Unread 20-07-2021, 05:52 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Will any of the papers report on this tomorrow?

Unread 20-07-2021, 05:53 PM
no fun

Quote:
Will any of the papers report on this tomorrow?
German papers will

Unread 20-07-2021, 05:55 PM
Danoli

I should have said any British papers

Unread 20-07-2021, 09:11 PM
Danoli

Unread 20-07-2021, 11:07 PM
red in cumbria

Hmmm, so they could yet be done?

Unread 20-07-2021, 11:16 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Reading that...basically the Premier League aren't really arsed?

Unread 20-07-2021, 11:23 PM
avocado

The full judgement hasnt been published yet (it will probably be tomorrow) but the really interesting point is not that they wanted it all kept quiet, but that they objected (unsuccessfully) to having to provide documents to the Premier League. Documents tend to be key evidence in these things ……

Unread 20-07-2021, 11:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Reading that...basically the Premier League aren't really arsed?
If City get found to have been cheating FFP rules then that's not good for "brand premier league" is it. The team that have won 4 out of the last 8 titles, that have been lauded and praised from on high turn out to have been fiddling the books all long right under the noses of the Premier League.

Yeah, i can see why they don't exactly want to start opening that pandoras box, don't you. It would be utterly embarrassing and hugely damaging to the league's global image.

Which is why they'll never be found guilty of anything or punished accordingly. The premier league is far too big and powerful to be seen to be undermined like that.

Unread 20-07-2021, 11:39 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If City get found to have been cheating FFP rules then that's not good for "brand premier league" is it. The team that have won 4 out of the last 8 titles, that have been lauded and praised from on high turn out to have been fiddling the books all long right under the noses of the Premier League.

Yeah, i can see why they don't exactly want to start opening that pandoras box, don't you. It would be utterly embarrassing and hugely damaging to the league's global image.

Which is why they'll never be found guilty of anything or punished accordingly. The premier league is far too big and powerful to be seen to be undermined like that.
But the Premier League is not an independent organisation. It is owned by the 20 Premier League clubs. When one of your own start having it large to the detriment of others there may (hopefully) come a point when enough is enough …

Unread 20-07-2021, 11:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
But the Premier League is not an independent organisation. It is owned by the 20 Premier League clubs. When one of your own start having it large to the detriment of others there may (hopefully) come a point when enough is enough …
Well it doesn't take a pulitzer prize winning journalist to work out what city have been doing. A cursory look at their sponsors section on wikipedia could tell you that. At least half a dozen of them are based in abu dhabi and the majority are directly owned by Al Nahyan ruling family. Then suddenly overnight, City are able to command sponsorship deals to rival the likes of Madrid and Manchester United despite having nowhere near the global status or pull. And yet apparently nobody suspected anything.

Yeah right. If mr joe public down the pub could spot it you can bet your life people in the Premier League hierarchy knew it and other club chairmen knew it. The fact is it was an inconvenient truth. The abu Dhabi lot had descended on Manchester and seen about pouring money into the east side of the city thus securing themselves some nice political clout and plenty of good will.

I should imagine that the reason a lot of other clubs have kept their mouths shut is because they've probably got all sorts of dodgy shit to hide as well.

Unread 20-07-2021, 11:59 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well it doesn't take a pulitzer prize winning journalist to work out what city have been doing. A cursory look at their sponsors section on wikipedia could tell you that. At least half a dozen of them are based in abu dhabi and the majority are directly owned by Al Nahyan ruling family. Then suddenly overnight, City are able to command sponsorship deals to rival the likes of Madrid and Manchester United despite having nowhere near the global status or pull. And yet apparently nobody suspected anything.

Yeah right. If mr joe public down the pub could spot it you can bet your life people in the Premier League hierarchy knew it and other club chairmen knew it. The fact is it was an inconvenient truth. The abu Dhabi lot had descended on Manchester and seen about pouring money into the east side of the city thus securing themselves some nice political clout and plenty of good will.

I should imagine that the reason a lot of other clubs have kept their mouths shut is because they've probably got all sorts of dodgy shit to hide as well.
It’s all about the tipping point. You may put up with something because (you think) it suits you. But one day it just gets too much … and you get too little.
Closed Thread