United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who will finish higher in the Premier League this season?
Manchester United 28 52.83%
Tottenham Hotspur 25 47.17%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 24-11-2020, 02:04 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Two years ago today in nearly December we were 14 points off top and 9 points behind Spurs. Today we sit 7 points behind with a game in hand. So at least there's some progress there
Some cracking nearly December facts on the forum recently tbh

Unread 24-11-2020, 08:10 AM
puressence

spurs have chelsea away arsenal home liverpool and palace away leicester home wolves away next 6 games .. ..lets put our chas and dave albums away till boxing day

Unread 24-11-2020, 08:29 AM
MUFC One Love

It wasn't long ago there were people actually thinking Wolves and Leicester were ahead of United...

Unread 24-11-2020, 08:52 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It wasn't long ago there were people actually thinking Wolves and Leicester were ahead of United...
Some of us still think that.

Unread 24-11-2020, 09:06 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
spurs have chelsea away arsenal home liverpool and palace away leicester home wolves away next 6 games .. ..lets put our chas and dave albums away till boxing day

Unread 24-11-2020, 09:33 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
yep about 4 months ago

Unread 24-11-2020, 09:36 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
People wonder how Liverpool fans became so deranged and detached from reality and this is exactly how mate.

The clutching at straws becomes so desperate that in the end they just give up trying to be logical.

They were basically the same as you.

They never had a balanced view.

Both equally deranged.

Unread 24-11-2020, 11:39 AM
Coracao

The whole barometer at being good at anything is consistency.

The only thing this team are consistent at are being inconsistent and putting in turgid performances.

Unread 24-11-2020, 12:18 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The whole barometer at being good at anything is consistency.

The only thing this team are consistent at are being inconsistent and putting in turgid performances.
Innit. So us potentially only being 4 points off Tottenham if we win our game in hand away at Burnley implies that no one’s that good at consistency atm.

The message: keep your knickers on.

Unread 24-11-2020, 01:22 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Innit. So us potentially only being 4 points off Tottenham if we win our game in hand away at Burnley implies that no one’s that good at consistency atm.

The message: keep your knickers on.
I think most people are sick of our closest two rivals finishing 20+ points in front of us tbh. Two teams who have been consistent for a number of years.

Who really gives a £#%&! about Tottenham Hotspur.

Unread 24-11-2020, 01:56 PM
puressence

Quote:
I think most people are sick of our closest two rivals finishing 20+ points in front of us tbh. Two teams who have been consistent for a number of years.

Who really gives a £#%&! about Tottenham Hotspur.
sparky his local team

Unread 24-11-2020, 01:56 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
yep about 4 months ago
or this morning.

Unread 24-11-2020, 06:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Well we’re clearly some way off Liverpool if they perform their heroics of last season and we’re nowhere near city from a couple of years ago either. We’ll finish above Spurs though and city clearly aren’t what they used to be and I suspect Liverpool won’t be as good this time round as they were last. It’s not a static situation.

I think we’ve improved and the rest have got worse in short.

You don’t think we’ll finish higher up the table they we are now?

Name whatever price you like - there’s no way we won’t. You think we’ll finish 10th or below?

Give over.

Right, so now you’re saying we aren’t as good as Liverpool and City? Glad you agree. I don’t think they were ‘heroics’ last season either. It’s been the standard of the champions of the last 3 years to get between 95-100 points. What that says about the standard is another discussion, but I do know we’re nowhere near that.

The best we’ve managed since Fergie left is 81 under Jose. Other than that, we’ve got between 60 and 70 points.

Each year we are consistently 20+ points away from the champions.
So to claim we are not far away is simply not true. We are a long way away. This is not a few moments of luck, or a little bit of momentum, this is a huge gulf of points. Consistently. Every year. Not some anomaly.

I’ll admit it can change quickly, but that is more faith-based than anything else. I’ll again say we sound as stupid as Liverpool, Leeds or Chelsea fans circa 1999 who claim they are just a smidge away from being as good as us.... as we yet again rattled off another title. And they were a lot closer to us in points most years than we’ve been recently.

Why you’re banging on about is finishing 10th, I’ve no idea because it’s not something I’ve suggested will happen

We’ll finish 3rd-6th.

We’ll be 15 points + off the top.

And that gap to the top will likely get bigger than smaller as the season goes on.

I don’t give a £#%&! about Spurs by the way. They won’t win the league and they’ve proven nothing other than a 7 game run of form so far.

Unread 24-11-2020, 07:43 PM
Hyman_Roth

You said ‘We won’t get any closer to the top this season that we are now’.

Forgive me if I misinterpreted a post that claimed we wouldn’t get any higher than our current position (10th).

I don’t think we’re as good as Liverpool are and probably a bit off city. I think the gap has closed though and that if we stick with ole, there’s a good chance that we’ll close in on both further.

Unread 24-11-2020, 07:54 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Some of us still think that.
Ok.

Be interesting to see if either finish above us.

Unread 24-11-2020, 08:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Forgive me if I misinterpreted a post that claimed we wouldn’t get any higher than our current position (10th).

I don’t think we’re as good as Liverpool are and probably a bit off city. I think the gap has closed though and that if we stick with ole, there’s a good chance that we’ll close in on both further.
Top as in points to 1st place. Sorry, that wasn’t very clear. My bad.

Points wise, I expect is to get further away, not closer.

I hope you’re right, Pal

Unread 24-11-2020, 08:06 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Look forward to the end of the season when you are claiming a 25 pt gap is a success as it has come down from over 30

Unread 24-11-2020, 08:10 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Look forward to the end of the season when you are claiming a 25 pt gap is a success as it has come down from over 30
We’ll see. I’ve never claimed we’re there yet. I’ve simply claimed that I think we going in the right direction. And for the first time since fergeh.

Either way, we can all look forward to miserable £#%&!s like you being really really £#%&!ing miserable.

Unread 24-11-2020, 08:13 PM
Coracao

Quote:
We’ll see. I’ve never claimed we’re there yet. I’ve simply claimed that I think we going in the right direction. And for the first time since fergeh.

Either way, we can all look forward to miserable £#%&!s like you being really really £#%&!ing miserable.
I'm not miserable. Nor am I utterly deluded, as you appear to be.

Unread 24-11-2020, 08:24 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
I'm not miserable. Nor am I utterly deluded, as you appear to be.
Yeah mate, sorry, you’re a real barrel of laughs.

Deluded about what? You being a giant £#%&!ing eeyore?
Closed Thread