United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who will finish higher in the Premier League this season?
Manchester United 28 52.83%
Tottenham Hotspur 25 47.17%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 23-11-2020, 05:15 PM
Parlabane

At the moment it’s all smiles at Spurs and they have had some noticeable results against us and City.

The issue will come when results go against them and Jose starts blaming players and as a result the harmony they have now disappears and the team stop performing on the pitch ( sound familiar ? )

United need to get their shit together sharpish, if they do, the gap to get into top four is closeable, of course we should be aiming higher than this, but first things first !

Unread 23-11-2020, 05:40 PM
Jethro

Spurs will probably finish above us. 2nd or 3rd imo.

Unread 23-11-2020, 05:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Manchester United.

We’ll be above them by Christmas.
New manager bounce is a hell of a thing tbf.

Unread 23-11-2020, 05:52 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple sod
I'm looking at Spurs line up against City...

De Gea over Lloris
Aurier and Dier are both shite
Sissoko, Ndombely, Hojberg, Bergwijn - nothing to write home about.
Alderweireld gets into our side
Kane and Son are quality

Don't see what the big drama is really
Exactly. And our squad is stronger.

Unread 23-11-2020, 05:54 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Exactly. And our squad is stronger.
don't agree that our squad is stronger and them having Kane and Son alone make them more lethal going forward

Unread 23-11-2020, 06:10 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
don't agree that our squad is stronger and them having Kane and Son alone make them more lethal going forward
Spurs bench on Sat: Hart, Bale, Rodon, Lo Celso, Moura, Davies, Vinicius

Our bench: Henderson, Tuanzebe, Williams, The Scottish Player, van de Beek, James, Cavani

And on the sidelines Greenwood and Pogba. Oh they had that @#%&! Lamela injured.

Unread 23-11-2020, 06:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Oh they had that @#%&! Lamela injured.
That shocking assault from Martial

Unread 23-11-2020, 06:14 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That shocking assault from Martial
Yep crippled for life.

Unread 23-11-2020, 06:27 PM
AK14

Spurs above us and beaten us 1-6 at OT with poorer squad?

They must have a decent manager tbf.

Unread 23-11-2020, 07:18 PM
red in cumbria

Spurs probably won't win the league tbh, but I suspect they will do pretty well. So.......

Unread 23-11-2020, 09:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
You shouting at thin air pal?

It’s not mental gymnastics. If we’re not good enough, it’s because we fail to keep momentum up and/or maintain consistency. But we can easily beat every team in the prem on our day. I would say Liverpool are the current exception but city, arse, spuds, Chelsea, Everton, Leicester etc are all easily beat able .
And so are we.

Winning a game ‘on our day’ and winning the league are not the same. You’d think watching us win 13 titles in 27 would leave certain clues.

As Sparky says, the mental gymnastics is ridiculous. We’re like O’Leary’s Leeds or Houllier’s Liverpool claiming we’re just as good as United’s 99 team, we just need the darn breaks.

Unread 23-11-2020, 09:57 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
And so are we.

Winning a game ‘on our day’ and winning the league are not the same. You’d think watching us win 13 titles in 27 would leave certain clues.

As Sparky says, the mental gymnastics is ridiculous. We’re like O’Leary’s Leeds or Houllier’s Liverpool claiming we’re just as good as United’s 99 team, we just need the darn breaks.
No it’s not. I don’t think we’ll win the league but I don’t think we’re as far off as the bedwetters think we are. We can be excellent for longer periods than 1 match and we have a lot of the attributes of a successful team. We lack the mentality to win it because we can’t perform consistently well and our confidence is too fragile.

I could kind of understand the sentiment if we hadn’t finished 3rd last year (having gone on an amazing run) and then hadn’t improved the squad. We did both. We have clear failings but I think they can be minimised.

The issue is that from this point, we could continue to fail or go on a run and easily finish in the top 3 bit I couldn’t tell you with confidence which it is. That’s the problem and I suspect our team doesn’t know that either.

What I do know is that we’re not that far behind the leading teams and I suspect we won’t be at the end of the season either.

Unread 23-11-2020, 10:32 PM
rubbernecker

Blessed are the spurs, well isn't that nice I'm glad they're winning something, cause they've had a helluva time

Unread 23-11-2020, 11:47 PM
ScarFace

Set up a par league.

If we win our game in hand and the next 50 games in a row, we're only 4 points off top.

Unread 23-11-2020, 11:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Set up a par league.

If we win our game in hand and the next 50 games in a row, we're only 4 points off top.
As much as you're kidding about there's an element of truth in it. The utter refusal to accept that we're £#%&!ing light years away from Liverpool at the moment and have shown no sign of getting anywhere nearer to them than we we were the day Mourinho got sacked.

what kind of £#%&!ing state are we in when you've got people on here being attacked as "bedwetters" and "gloryhunters" for daring to complain about getting smashed 6-1 at home by £#%&!ing spurs and taking until nearly december to record a home league win whilst producing some of the most pathetic performances we've seen in decades.

You'd think that decades of watching football people would have worked out when they're looking at a proper team that's going places rather than a team that flatters to deceive.

Unread 24-11-2020, 12:16 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The utter refusal to accept that we're £#%&!ing light years away from Liverpool at the moment
Why do you have to make things up, you menopausal mess?

I haven’t seen one serious post denying we’re anything other than a long way off Liverpool.

Same for your claim that people weren’t allowed to complain after losing 6-1 to Spurs.

All I’ve seen is people asking for a bit of objectivity. It’s no surprise that people find it slightly tedious that you constantly go around complaining the sky is falling in, you chicken little £#%&!.

Unread 24-11-2020, 12:20 AM
20LEgend1999

Two years ago today in nearly December we were 14 points off top and 9 points behind Spurs. Today we sit 7 points behind with a game in hand. So at least there's some progress there

Unread 24-11-2020, 12:31 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Why do you have to make things up, you menopausal mess?

I haven’t seen one serious post denying we’re anything other than a long way off Liverpool.

Same for your claim that people weren’t allowed to complain after losing 6-1 to Spurs.

All I’ve seen is people asking for a bit of objectivity. It’s no surprise that people find it slightly tedious that you constantly go around complaining the sky is falling in, you chicken little £#%&!.

Unread 24-11-2020, 12:36 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
As much as you're kidding about there's an element of truth in it. The utter refusal to accept that we're £#%&!ing light years away from Liverpool at the moment and have shown no sign of getting anywhere nearer to them than we we were the day Mourinho got sacked.

what kind of £#%&!ing state are we in when you've got people on here being attacked as "bedwetters" and "gloryhunters" for daring to complain about getting smashed 6-1 at home by £#%&!ing spurs and taking until nearly december to record a home league win whilst producing some of the most pathetic performances we've seen in decades.

You'd think that decades of watching football people would have worked out when they're looking at a proper team that's going places rather than a team that flatters to deceive.
Attacked ?

Get a grip you bedwetting gloryhunting one song nancy boy

Unread 24-11-2020, 12:38 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Attacked ?

Get a grip you bedwetting gloryhunting one song nancy boy
Closed Thread