Closed Thread

Unread 18-11-2020, 08:56 PM
andyroo

Default Internationalzzzz 18 November

Chance for a few more of our shit@#%&!s to get nobbled

Unread 18-11-2020, 08:57 PM
armchair

Do any of these matter?

I still don't understand this nations league shit.

Unread 18-11-2020, 08:59 PM
andyroo

It's a kind of ongoing classification used for seeding for qualifying groups for real tournaments as far as I can make out

Ireland need to win to not be relegated, which considering they have 14 players on the sick list, and to win they need to score and they haven't scored any goals in their last five matches, seems a tough ask.

Unread 18-11-2020, 09:04 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Do any of these matter?

I still don't understand this nations league shit.

What's to understand ?

Unread 18-11-2020, 09:09 PM
tatty

Haven't watched an England game since the 2018 WC...and won't watch one until next summer.

Not to present as a (c1998 United>England) wally-head...rather watching international football is boring.

Unread 18-11-2020, 09:10 PM
triple sod

This is the 8th (eighth) England fixture since the restart . £#%&!ing scandalous

Unread 18-11-2020, 09:18 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Haven't watched an England game since the 2018 WC...and won't watch one until next summer.

Not to present as a (c1998 United>England) wally-head...rather watching international football is boring.
Only ones worth watching really.

Unread 18-11-2020, 09:19 PM
armchair

I don't get the connection to world cup qualifiers.

Unread 18-11-2020, 09:24 PM
triple sod

Quote:
Quote:
The Nations League will be partially linked with European qualification for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar, with the format confirmed by the UEFA Executive Committee during their meeting in Nyon, Switzerland on 4 December 2019.[8][9] The qualifying structure will depend on results from the Nations League, although to a lesser degree than the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying play-offs. The ten group winners after the first round (group stage) will qualify directly for the World Cup. Then, the second round (play-offs) will be contested by the ten group runners-up, along with the best two Nations League group winners, based on the Nations League overall ranking, that finished outside the top two of their qualifying group.[10] The play-offs will be split into three play-off paths, played in two single-match knockout rounds (semi-finals and finals, with the home teams to be drawn), from which an additional three teams will also qualify.[2]

Unread 18-11-2020, 09:26 PM
Coracao

Quote:
The qualification format was confirmed by the UEFA Executive Committee during their meeting in Nyon, Switzerland on 4 December 2019.

The qualification will depend, in part, on results from the 2020–21 UEFA Nations League, although to a lesser degree than UEFA Euro 2020. The structure will maintain UEFA's usual 'group stage/playoff stage' structure, with only the specific format of the play-offs amended.

Group stage: 10 groups of 5 or 6 teams (with the 4 teams that make the 2021 UEFA Nations League Finals put into the smaller groups) with group winners qualifying for the World Cup finals.

Play-off stage: The 10 group runners-up would be joined by the best 2 Nations League group winners, based on the Nations League overall ranking, that finished outside the top two of their qualifying group. These 12 teams will be drawn into three play-off paths, playing two rounds of single-match play-offs (semi-finals and finals, with the home teams to be drawn), with the 3 path winners qualifying for the World Cup.

The UEFA Executive Committee also approved the use of the video assistant referee system for the qualifiers.

Unread 18-11-2020, 09:39 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The qualification format was confirmed by the UEFA Executive Committee during their meeting in Nyon, Switzerland on 4 December 2019.

The qualification will depend, in part, on results from the 2020–21 UEFA Nations League, although to a lesser degree than UEFA Euro 2020. The structure will maintain UEFA's usual 'group stage/playoff stage' structure, with only the specific format of the play-offs amended.

Group stage: 10 groups of 5 or 6 teams (with the 4 teams that make the 2021 UEFA Nations League Finals put into the smaller groups) with group winners qualifying for the World Cup finals.

Play-off stage: The 10 group runners-up would be joined by the best 2 Nations League group winners, based on the Nations League overall ranking, that finished outside the top two of their qualifying group. These 12 teams will be drawn into three play-off paths, playing two rounds of single-match play-offs (semi-finals and finals, with the home teams to be drawn), with the 3 path winners qualifying for the World Cup.

The UEFA Executive Committee also approved the use of the video assistant referee system for the qualifiers.

Trust UEFA to make international football even shitter.

Unread 18-11-2020, 09:50 PM
Vedder

Dan James with a screamer for Wales. He’s played well. He always does for Wales. Needs a loan in jan

Unread 18-11-2020, 10:13 PM
andyroo

Ireland couldn't score in Copper Face Jack's

Unread 18-11-2020, 10:30 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple sod

Cavani sent off for Uruguay for a challenge on Richarlison

Unread 18-11-2020, 10:39 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Dan James with a screamer for Wales. He’s played well. He always does for Wales. Needs a loan in jan
if Ole is going to sit him, he's better off going on loan. Agreed.

I suspect though it would have to be with a championship side like Fulham or West Brom

Unread 18-11-2020, 10:46 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Cavani sent off for Uruguay for a challenge on Richarlison
literally yesterday

Unread 18-11-2020, 10:54 PM
Jack Duckworth

ireland are so shite nowadays.

i used to go to every home game and now i can barely be arsed watching them on tv.

Unread 18-11-2020, 10:57 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
ireland are so shite nowadays.

i used to go to every home game and now i can barely be arsed watching them on tv.
They don't have the players and are trying to play football. Naive.

Unread 19-11-2020, 12:16 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
They don't have the players and are trying to play football. Naive.
Whereas in the Big Jack (of blessed memory) days, the opposite was the case

Unread 19-11-2020, 12:17 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Whereas in the Big Jack (of blessed memory) days, the opposite was the case
Yes, almost the exact opposite.
Closed Thread