United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:50 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Lucky?

Yeah, god forbid otherwise that he'd expect some time to settle.

Our fanbase
Yes lucky because our amazing fan base would be all over him by now. Ronaldo will give him the space to settle.

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:55 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Yes lucky because our amazing fan base would be all over him by now. Ronaldo will give him the space to settle.

No, the online twitterati (and koppas) would be all over him. I don't think the matchday support is exactly going to be on his back.

Anyone writing him off after - well not even 4 games - or even questioning the signing probably needs to give their head a good old wobble.

Ronaldo will take the pressure of the man himself somewhat though, he just looks low on confidence. As someone said, you can probably thank Southgate/Ingerlund k******ds for that.

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:57 AM
AK14

I thought he looked decent and showed flashes of he can offer us.

Heís going to be a top signing nqat.

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:09 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
I thought he looked decent and showed flashes of he can offer us.

Heís going to be a top signing nqat.
Personally I thought he looked absolutely shite but I still back him to come good eventually

Looks a bit shy and timid on the pitch

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:31 AM
Buck

He'll be fine. Already one of the best wingers in the world. At his age he has an enormous way to go yet and learning from Ronaldo will only help.

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:56 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
He'll be fine. Already one of the best wingers in the world. At his age he has an enormous way to go yet and learning from Ronaldo will only help.
Is he? Based on what? His stats in the Bundesliga?

If we are going on that logic, Mhikitaryan was one of the best players in the world when he signed for us.

He didn't so much as a get a sniff at the WC when we picked our strongest team. Didnt even make the bench a couple of times iirc.

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:59 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles View Post
Is he? Based on what? His stats in the Bundesliga?

If we are going on that logic, Mhikitaryan was one of the best players in the world when he signed for us.

He didn't so much as a get a sniff at the WC when we picked our strongest team. Didnt even make the bench a couple of times iirc.
True. If we are going on that logic, Haaland is very overrated.

And please don't use Gareth Southgate's team picks as any kind of benchmark

Unread 15-09-2021, 12:09 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
True. If we are going on that logic, Haaland is very overrated.

And please don't use Gareth Southgate's team picks as any kind of benchmark
I'd rather use his Champions League stats...

8 goals in 6 at Salzburg in 19/20
2 in 2 at Dortmund the same season.
10 in 8 games last season at Dortmund.

Nice try.

Last edited by windy waffles; 15-09-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Unread 15-09-2021, 12:35 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles View Post
I'd rather use his Champions League stats...

8 goals in 76 at Salzburg in 19/20
2 in 2 at Dortmund the same season.
10 in 8 games last season at Dortmund.

Nice try.
How many qualifying rounds did Salzburg go through for Haaland to play 76 Champions League games in 19/20?

Unread 15-09-2021, 01:02 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
How many qualifying rounds did Salzburg go through for Haaland to play 76 Champions League games in 19/20?

Amended.

8 in 6.