United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-09-2021, 01:33 PM
Ronny

There is only one figure which determines which of our keepers is the one to keep
DDG has a contract of 17 million per year for this and two more seasons.
He became so complacent a kid starting out looked a better keeper than him for Utd.
Utd cannot move DDG on.
Ole has been unable to say I can choose between the two in case DDG drops off again.
Henderson like Telles is useful mainly to motivate an established player overcompensated by the Glazers

Unread 20-09-2021, 01:49 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
There is only one figure which determines which of our keepers is the one to keep
DDG has a contract of 17 million per year for this and two more seasons.
He became so complacent a kid starting out looked a better keeper than him for Utd.
Utd cannot move DDG on.
Ole has been unable to say I can choose between the two in case DDG drops off again.
Henderson like Telles is useful mainly to motivate an established player overcompensated by the Glazers
Utter nonsense. He never looked better than him. It was the opinion of a few 'hipsters' who got it all wrong. If anything, Ole playing an average keeper gave him the kick up the backside he needed. As well as a better defence.

Unread 20-09-2021, 01:56 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Utter nonsense.
You are undoubtably an expert on that chum!

Unread 20-09-2021, 01:57 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
You are undoubtably an expert on that chum!
I know when someone is talking it, correct.

Unread 20-09-2021, 02:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Utter nonsense. He never looked better than him. It was the opinion of a few 'hipsters' who got it all wrong. If anything, Ole playing an average keeper gave him the kick up the backside he needed. As well as a better defence.
It’s not nonsense. He had the defence petrified last season. Henderson coming in and being vocal and prepared to come off his line made a huge difference, proven by the goals conceded stats improvement when Henderson came in. Henderson had a £#%&!ing nightmare v the Dippers which seems to cloud this, but we all knew that could happen.

It does seem to have presented him with the required kick up the arse, that and being savaged for the EL final and watching the Euros from the bench while the Spanish number 1 let the ball roll under his foot..

Hope it does turn out to be the turning point, I’m far from convinced though.

Unread 20-09-2021, 04:06 PM
windy waffles

Whatever has happened, the better keeper is now number one.

Unread 20-09-2021, 04:23 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Great thread Saffers. You’re having a great start to the season.

Unread 20-09-2021, 10:53 PM
The taste of...

I suppose when Dave turns his head away at the critical moments, as if facing a water pistol he gets to see it hit the net. @#%&! of a keeper who has defenders trying to head out of the six yard box. Would be a useful number 2 but not at that wage.

Unread 21-09-2021, 09:06 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...

I suppose when Dave turns his head away at the critical moments, as if facing a water pistol he gets to see it hit the net. @#%&! of a keeper who has defenders trying to head out of the six yard box. Would be a useful number 2 but not at that wage.
Aye, the guys a shithouse. Saves one shit pen in 40 and he’s suddenly the GOAT

Can’t sell, so he plays. Even at his best he got bullied by Everton, WHam, Agbonlahor etc

Stuck with him and Jones. Countless errors forgotten but Henderson cops it for one slip up vs. Rats.

Unread 21-09-2021, 09:17 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
[IMG]http:.
That was pathetic goalkeeping, if you go back a couple of frames he left the far corner completely open, then he turns towards the near post so slow to react as well. A proper keeper would’ve been on top of the lad by the time he strikes it. He doesn’t have to save it, but make it difficult ffs. Had the lad not scored he’d have needed an absolute %@#$&!ing. Glossed over because Ronaldo & Bruno..

Unread 21-09-2021, 10:11 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That was pathetic goalkeeping, if you go back a couple of frames he left the far corner completely open, then he turns towards the near post so slow to react as well. A proper keeper would’ve been on top of the lad by the time he strikes it. He doesn’t have to save it, but make it difficult ffs. Had the lad not scored he’d have needed an absolute %@#$&!ing. Glossed over because Ronaldo & Bruno..
Correct… can’t blame Dave for the Young Boys 2nd debacle but the big Dane would have tried to bite the ball in half or similar as opposed to this genuflecting shite

Unread 21-09-2021, 11:18 AM
Bunker Buster

You want bad goalkeeping positional sense...
?

This still make me rage...

Pathetic.

Unread 21-09-2021, 11:20 AM
dunk

Similar tbh.

As mentioned, Henderson had a nightmare that day. He’s 23 though..

Unread 21-09-2021, 12:37 PM
The taste of...

Won’t bother with the ones Dave’s pussied away from or thrown in - I’m working on Monday

Unread 21-09-2021, 03:33 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Aye, the guys a shithouse. Saves one shit pen in 40 and he’s suddenly the GOAT

Can’t sell, so he plays. Even at his best he got bullied by Everton, WHam, Agbonlahor etc

Stuck with him and Jones. Countless errors forgotten but Henderson cops it for one slip up vs. Rats.
He's not the GOAT - but he's a damn sight better than the cap-wearing other goalkeeper we have which a lot of people claimed based on a good season at Sheffield United.

Unread 21-09-2021, 04:20 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Great thread Saffers. You’re having a great start to the season.
Feeling good boss. We've started strongly.

Unread 21-09-2021, 07:02 PM
red in cumbria

Surely one of the reasons Dave has improved a bit is finally having some decent competition for his place?

Unread 21-09-2021, 09:01 PM
jem

you can tell there's not much competition among the de gea haters.

Unread 21-09-2021, 10:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Eh?

Unread 21-09-2021, 10:20 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Whatever

Here’s that typical lack of competition from Keano - did he not realise he might save a pen one day?

‘I am sick to death of this goalkeeper’
I’d be swinging punches at him’

Tune in below to see if the Magic hat is talking about Hendo’s cap

Closed Thread