United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 20-09-2021, 01:58 PM
TripDownMiseryLane
 
Default

I've no doubt he'll walk at the end of the season and couldn't care less/ hope he does. He's not a very good CM, we have as good/better options on the left and he's a 400k a week blockage to getting a top class CM/DM.
 
Unread 20-09-2021, 02:22 PM
Mr_Ed
 
Default

I actually think we played better without him yesterday. What troubles me are his 7 assists so when hes on his game hes excellent or a real threat BUT when he stinks he stinks (like away at young boys)

Sure hes off but hope we can get something for him and re-invest in the squad.

Probably off to Madrid for free with Mbappe in the summer.
 
Unread 20-09-2021, 02:28 PM
TripDownMiseryLane
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I actually think we played better without him yesterday. What troubles me are his 7 assists so when hes on his game hes excellent or a real threat BUT when he stinks he stinks (like away at young boys)

Sure hes off but hope we can get something for him and re-invest in the squad.

Probably off to Madrid for free with Mbappe in the summer.
Yep. We'll probably get a good season out of him knowing it will bump his and fat c***s fees/wages.
 
Unread 20-09-2021, 02:36 PM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I'm not sure. He looks actually genuinely happy at the moment and is playing like it - presumably because we've brought in one of his bessie french mates and the best player of all time, as well as dropping wedge on Sancho.

No doubt he's trying to hedge his bets but I suspect he may end up staying. The 'club' (i.e. the money makers) won't want to lose such a marketable player in what is supposedly the peak of his playing career.
Dunno. I genuinely think hed be happy anywhere. Tremendously upbeat lad. Only really the few months clashing with Mou in his entire career hes shown any sort of dissent or unhappiness, and Mou can do that to anyone.
 
Unread 20-09-2021, 02:38 PM
Neo
 
Football

The problem with Pogba is that we have never had a good enough holding midfielder to get the best out of him in central midfield in a 4-2-3-1, and it's tricky to accommodate him on the left side of a three in a 4-3-3 with Bruno in the team, as once again, we don't have a good enough holding midfielder to allow Pogba and Bruno to focus on attack.

In an ideal world, I'm sure Ole's preferred midfield system would be one with a proper number 6 holding, allowing Pogba and Bruno to play as two number 8s.

I don't buy this idea that selling him will improve us, as we'd look much better investing in a proper number 6, like Rice, and then partnering Pogba with them.
 
Unread 20-09-2021, 02:53 PM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The problem with Pogba is that we have never had a good enough holding midfielder to get the best out of him in central midfield in a 4-2-3-1, and it's tricky to accommodate him on the left side of a three in a 4-3-3 with Bruno in the team, as once again, we don't have a good enough holding midfielder to allow Pogba and Bruno to focus on attack.

In an ideal world, I'm sure Ole's preferred midfield system would be one with a proper number 6 holding, allowing Pogba and Bruno to play as two number 8s.

I don't buy this idea that selling him will improve us, as we'd look much better investing in a proper number 6, like Rice, and then partnering Pogba with them.
no one in his right mind would let pogba go. also, no one in his right mind would play pogba in a two-man midfield.... with anyone.
 
Unread 20-09-2021, 02:58 PM
dunk
 
Default

There isnt a spot for Pogba. Bruno has it. We want a genuine wide man and goal threat on the left, which he isnt, a proper goal threat in Brunos role, which he isnt and a midfielder capable of passing the ball efficiently and doing the necessary defensive work in central midfield, which hes proven time and time again he cant do.

If he was on 150k a week and wasnt demanding centre stage regardless of performance, youd keep him, nqat, but not as top earner with all the baggage imo.
 
Unread 20-09-2021, 03:03 PM
TripDownMiseryLane
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no one in his right mind would let pogba go. also, no one in his right mind would play pogba in a two-man midfield.... with anyone.
Not a case of let, but can't stop. Fat c*** is hawking him around as we type.
 
Unread 20-09-2021, 03:11 PM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Not a case of let, but can't stop. Fat c*** is hawking him around as we type.
well, yes... he's not a slave. but we could entice him to stay with mucho dollars or pie.
 
Unread 21-09-2021, 11:26 AM
TripDownMiseryLane
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
well, yes... he's not a slave. but we could entice him to stay with mucho dollars or pie.
In order to do that we would have to pay more than RM/Barca/PSG would pay him and fat c*** in a deal based on a free transfer to one of them, something to the order of half a mill a week. He can be good, at times, but 500,000 a week good?

Not sure he's a pieman, whereas fat c***..........
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Official How Did Paul Pogba Play? 2020/2021
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 2020/2021 RAWK Nuggets Thread goldfinger II Football 910 15-06-2021 07:02 PM
Official Where Will We Finish 2020/2021 Hyman_Roth Football 18 21-09-2020 10:11 AM
Manchester United star Paul Pogba 'is waiting for a return to Juventus in 2021' and Pirlo reunion fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 05-09-2020 11:20 AM
2020/2021 Opening Day Fixtures believe Football 7 16-08-2020 10:16 PM
Man Utd 'ready to let Paul Pogba join Real Madrid or Juventus in 2020' fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 10-07-2019 12:20 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:27 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2020 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.