AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
It reminds me of that Elmo meme

Unread 20-09-2021, 11:45 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Thought he played well without being exceptional - realise it’s still early in the season but he’s turning into a consistently good player for us - words I never thought I’d say.

Hope he stays if this is what we get from him.
Much better off the left. Less scope for catastrophic £#%&! ups and further up the pitch where he can do some damage.

Putting him at DM is mental.

Unread 20-09-2021, 12:39 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Thought he played well without being exceptional - realise it’s still early in the season but he’s turning into a consistently good player for us - words I never thought I’d say.

Hope he stays if this is what we get from him.
After 5 or 6 games

Unread 20-09-2021, 01:36 PM
Whip Hubley

He played well and is a decent option from the left. He'll have to compete with Rashford for the role though presumably, and i'm not sure that's worth the report £400k a week.

Should he be on more than Bruno? Not a £#%&!ing chance.

He should be grateful we're willing to keep him, pay him a decent wage and play him occasionally in a squad full of attacking talent.

Unread 20-09-2021, 01:44 PM
dunk

I reckon talk of a new contract is posturing on both sides. He’s off. If he stays it’s because no one else will pay him more than we’ve allegedly offered.

If we took him out now and out 2 proper midfielders in the squad in his place we’d win the league.

I like the bloke and he’s prodigiously talented, but it’s not enough.

Unread 20-09-2021, 01:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I reckon talk of a new contract is posturing on both sides. He’s off. If he stays it’s because no one else will pay him more than we’ve allegedly offered.

If we took him out now and out 2 proper midfielders in the squad in his place we’d win the league.

Unread 20-09-2021, 01:53 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I'm not sure. He looks actually genuinely happy at the moment and is playing like it - presumably because we've brought in one of his bessie french mates and the best player of all time, as well as dropping wedge on Sancho.

No doubt he's trying to hedge his bets but I suspect he may end up staying. The 'club' (i.e. the money makers) won't want to lose such a marketable player in what is supposedly the peak of his playing career.

Unread 20-09-2021, 01:58 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

I've no doubt he'll walk at the end of the season and couldn't care less/ hope he does. He's not a very good CM, we have as good/better options on the left and he's a £400k a week blockage to getting a top class CM/DM.

Unread 20-09-2021, 02:22 PM
Mr_Ed

I actually think we played better without him yesterday. What troubles me are his 7 assists so when he’s on his game he’s excellent or a real threat BUT when he stinks he stinks (like away at young boys)

Sure he’s off but hope we can get something for him and re-invest in the squad.

Probably off to Madrid for free with Mbappe in the summer.

Unread 20-09-2021, 02:28 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I actually think we played better without him yesterday. What troubles me are his 7 assists so when he’s on his game he’s excellent or a real threat BUT when he stinks he stinks (like away at young boys)

Sure he’s off but hope we can get something for him and re-invest in the squad.

Probably off to Madrid for free with Mbappe in the summer.
Yep. We'll probably get a good season out of him knowing it will bump his and fat @#%&!s fees/wages.

Unread 20-09-2021, 02:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I'm not sure. He looks actually genuinely happy at the moment and is playing like it - presumably because we've brought in one of his bessie french mates and the best player of all time, as well as dropping wedge on Sancho.

No doubt he's trying to hedge his bets but I suspect he may end up staying. The 'club' (i.e. the money makers) won't want to lose such a marketable player in what is supposedly the peak of his playing career.
Dunno. I genuinely think he’d be happy anywhere. Tremendously upbeat lad. Only really the few months clashing with Mou in his entire career he’s shown any sort of dissent or unhappiness, and Mou can do that to anyone.

Unread 20-09-2021, 02:38 PM
Neo

Football

The problem with Pogba is that we have never had a good enough holding midfielder to get the best out of him in central midfield in a 4-2-3-1, and it's tricky to accommodate him on the left side of a three in a 4-3-3 with Bruno in the team, as once again, we don't have a good enough holding midfielder to allow Pogba and Bruno to focus on attack.

In an ideal world, I'm sure Ole's preferred midfield system would be one with a proper number 6 holding, allowing Pogba and Bruno to play as two number 8s.

I don't buy this idea that selling him will improve us, as we'd look much better investing in a proper number 6, like Rice, and then partnering Pogba with them.

Unread 20-09-2021, 02:53 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The problem with Pogba is that we have never had a good enough holding midfielder to get the best out of him in central midfield in a 4-2-3-1, and it's tricky to accommodate him on the left side of a three in a 4-3-3 with Bruno in the team, as once again, we don't have a good enough holding midfielder to allow Pogba and Bruno to focus on attack.

In an ideal world, I'm sure Ole's preferred midfield system would be one with a proper number 6 holding, allowing Pogba and Bruno to play as two number 8s.

I don't buy this idea that selling him will improve us, as we'd look much better investing in a proper number 6, like Rice, and then partnering Pogba with them.
no one in his right mind would let pogba go. also, no one in his right mind would play pogba in a two-man midfield.... with anyone.

Unread 20-09-2021, 02:58 PM
dunk

There isn’t a spot for Pogba. Bruno has it. We want a genuine wide man and goal threat on the left, which he isn’t, a proper goal threat in Bruno’s role, which he isn’t and a midfielder capable of passing the ball efficiently and doing the necessary defensive work in central midfield, which he’s proven time and time again he can’t do.

If he was on £150k a week and wasn’t demanding centre stage regardless of performance, you’d keep him, nqat, but not as top earner with all the baggage imo.

Unread 20-09-2021, 03:03 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no one in his right mind would let pogba go. also, no one in his right mind would play pogba in a two-man midfield.... with anyone.
Not a case of let, but can't stop. Fat @#%&! is hawking him around as we type.

Unread 20-09-2021, 03:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Not a case of let, but can't stop. Fat @#%&! is hawking him around as we type.
well, yes... he's not a slave. but we could entice him to stay with mucho dollars or pie.

Unread 21-09-2021, 11:26 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
well, yes... he's not a slave. but we could entice him to stay with mucho dollars or pie.
In order to do that we would have to pay more than RM/Barca/PSG would pay him and fat @#%&! in a deal based on a free transfer to one of them, something to the order of half a mill a week. He can be good, at times, but £500,000 a week good?

Not sure he's a pieman, whereas fat @#%&!..........

Unread 21-09-2021, 11:35 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
In order to do that we would have to pay more than RM/Barca/PSG would pay him and fat @#%&! in a deal based on a free transfer to one of them, something to the order of half a mill a week. He can be good, at times, but £500,000 a week good?

Not sure he's a pieman, whereas fat @#%&!..........
yes, the pie was for raiola. obviously, pogba is not worth as much as the pair of them think.

Unread 21-09-2021, 01:16 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Or write a clause into his new contract that guarantees 2 minutes for his goal celebrations
Closed Thread