United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 20-09-2021, 12:57 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Once..... Mctominay has some more minutes and Fred finds his usual level of average, weíll be a lot better.
mctominay looked unfit and will get fitter. fred is shit. we need more.

Unread 20-09-2021, 07:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven View Post
i dunno, he seems quite respectful of us, if not grudgingly. because we always do find a way.
But apart from a literal couple of minutes, West Ham never looked like beating us yesterday. If he had said that after Soton or Wolves it would be more understandable tbf.

Unread 20-09-2021, 11:56 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Neither Fred nor McT move the ball fast enough through the channels. Fred in particular is all about sideways, easy pass (and he still manages to mess that up). It slows down the attack. He just doesnít have the quality or vision needed. Add this to how often he loses the ball and sets off opposition attacks, no idea why heís getting picked.

And I donít see McT being that much better, although give him some benefit of the doubt as he was likely concussed from that ball to the mush.
Yes, I whole heartedly agree with everything you said. Neither of them are good enough to be in the starting 11 at a top four club let alone Manchester United. McT makes a good bench player though.

I do not want to see another year of Fred and McT running the midfield, but they're Ole's crutch. They bailed him out when he first started, so I have this dreaded feeling......they will be the start for most games this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Matic is hugely underrated technically which i'm sure is in part due to his large frame. I don't think any of our midfielders are fit to lace his peak level boots.

If he was 5 years younger we'd be a completely different proposition.
I wish he was five years younger as well, his frame is probably a lot larger than Declan Rice, which your rate, gives him an advantage in running the midfield.

(I hope he can stay fit enough to run alongside Pogba this year)

Unread 21-09-2021, 08:08 AM
AK14

Unread 21-09-2021, 08:38 AM
believe

Arsed. Although hopefully it should guarantee us a penalty next time he goes down in the box.

Unread 21-09-2021, 08:46 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Arsed. Although hopefully it should guarantee us a penalty next time he goes down in the box.
Ole masterstroke

Unread 21-09-2021, 09:19 AM
Whip Hubley

Shocked

Unread 21-09-2021, 09:27 AM
dunk

I feel like this happened last season? Sheffield United at home? Foul and goal shouldíve been disallowed for Sheff United and goal unfairly disallowed at the other end. Referee told off afterwards?

And City v WBA? Equaliser miles offside but allowed to stand and referees bollocked afterwards.

Those 3 decisions were a potential 4 point swing in Cityís favour

We donít ever seem to be on the benefitting end of these bad decisions. Yet if we get one thatís even 50/50 in our favour itís news for decades.

Unread 21-09-2021, 09:32 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
I feel like this happened last season? Sheffield United at home? Foul and goal shouldíve been disallowed for Sheff United and goal unfairly disallowed at the other end. Referee told off afterwards?

And City v WBA? Equaliser miles offside but allowed to stand and referees bollocked afterwards.

Those 3 decisions were a potential 4 point swing in Cityís favour

We donít ever seem to be on the benefitting end of these bad decisions. Yet if we get one thatís even 50/50 in our favour itís news for decades.
Also penalty given against Palace for handball by Lindelof that was immediately afterwards declared not to be handball for the rest of the season. Guess who the ref was.

Unread 21-09-2021, 09:40 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm View Post
Also penalty given against Palace for handball by Lindelof that was immediately afterwards declared not to be handball for the rest of the season. Guess who the ref was.
Incredible