United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-09-2021, 10:31 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Maradonney has to be given a chance alongside McTom who, as said above, is more than adequate.

This seasons gruyawniad abu campaign goes on apace....

"Greenwood and Sancho pay price of Ronaldo’s presence"

This @#%&! Liew is really going for it

Unread 20-09-2021, 10:34 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Maradonney has to be given a chance alongside McTom who, as said above, is more than adequate.

This seasons gruyawniad abu campaign goes on apace....

"Greenwood and Sancho pay price of Ronaldo’s presence"

This @#%&! Liew is really going for it
Greenwood who started yesterday and Sancho who started Thursday and neither of whom play directly up top where Ronaldo does?

Those guys?

Any articles about Lukaku holding back Pulisic or Werner?

Unread 20-09-2021, 10:39 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Greenwood who started yesterday and Sancho who started Thursday and neither of whom play directly up top where Ronaldo does?

Those guys?

It's great, even the majority of the comments on the articles are calling them out for the nonsense that is being written.

The only player he's keeping out of the team is Cavani, who isn't even fit.

Must really annoy them that after writing about how a player was going to struggle in the Premier League at the ripe old age of 36 and makes teams worse has now played two out of two in the league, completed 90 minutes in both games and scored three goals in the process.

Unread 20-09-2021, 10:55 AM
believe

Even Smith said before the game yesterday that he wa pleased to see Greenwood because it was likely he’d lose his chance when Ronaldo arrived

Unread 20-09-2021, 11:04 AM
dunk

Is anyone bemoaning the signing of Grealish for City as it will clearly reduce playing opportunities for Foden, Sterling and Torres?

Absolute £#%&!ing state of this #@&%!

Unread 20-09-2021, 11:31 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Matic is hugely underrated technically which i'm sure is in part due to his large frame. I don't think any of our midfielders are fit to lace his peak level boots.

If he was 5 years younger we'd be a completely different proposition.
His ball for the winner was sublime.

We need to find a 25 year old Matic from somewhere. Fred & Mctom ain't playing that ball. Beeky might but we'll never find out.

Quote:

Those guys?

The premise of the article is absolute %@#$&!s anyway. Cross after cross going into Ronaldo? Could've fooled me.

Unread 20-09-2021, 11:47 AM
Jethro

Nothing better than a Monday morning reading match reports frothing with piss.

One step away from think of the children. Funny how everyone is worried about Greenwood all of a sudden.

Unread 20-09-2021, 12:05 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
We need to find a 25 year old Matic from somewhere.
two of them, really.

Unread 20-09-2021, 12:12 PM
dunk

Would prefer a 25 year old Carrick.

Unread 20-09-2021, 12:20 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Is anyone bemoaning the signing of Grealish for City as it will clearly reduce playing opportunities for Foden, Sterling and Torres?

Absolute f***ing state of this #@&%!

https://twitter.com/ankaman616/statu...755893760?s=21
i dunno, he seems quite respectful of us, if not grudgingly. because we always do find a way.

Unread 20-09-2021, 12:27 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
two of them, really.
Let's not be silly.

Unread 20-09-2021, 12:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i dunno, he seems quite respectful of us, if not grudgingly. because we always do find a way.
Not that, the report ‘United shouldn’t be this hard to beat’ despite us dominating in every area of the game

Unread 20-09-2021, 12:35 PM
jem

Quote:
Would prefer a 25 year old Carrick.
both of them, really.

Unread 20-09-2021, 12:41 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Not that, the report ‘United shouldn’t be this hard to beat’ despite us dominating in every area of the game
Is that what he says?

So is he saying we aren’t difficult to beat and we’re in a false position or we are in fact difficult to beat?

Anything to avoid praising us, I suppose. I’ve given us shit this week and have reservations about this team, but we were comfortably the better side yesterday and should have been well clear by the time all the late drama kicked in. We weren’t lucky to win. We were unlucky not to win by more.

We can play better, missed chances and still won away to a top six side.

Unread 20-09-2021, 12:43 PM
jem

we were the better team, should have won by more and still have a £#%&!ing hole in midfield.

Unread 20-09-2021, 12:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we were the better team, should have won by more and still have a £#%&!ing hole in midfield.
Once Ronaldo is up to speed (yes. This is him NOT up to speed), The Scottish Player has some more minutes and Fred finds his usual level of average, we’ll be a lot better.

That front lot were a huge threat yesterday. Overwhelming. As you’d expect them to be.

Still got Sancho to click and Rashford and Cavani to come back too,

Unread 20-09-2021, 12:57 PM
jem

Quote:
Once..... The Scottish Player has some more minutes and Fred finds his usual level of average, we’ll be a lot better.
The Scottish Player looked unfit and will get fitter. fred is shit. we need more.

Unread 20-09-2021, 07:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
But apart from a literal couple of minutes, West Ham never looked like beating us yesterday. If he had said that after Soton or Wolves it would be more understandable tbf.

Unread 20-09-2021, 11:56 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Neither Fred nor McT move the ball fast enough through the channels. Fred in particular is all about sideways, easy pass (and he still manages to mess that up). It slows down the attack. He just doesn’t have the quality or vision needed. Add this to how often he loses the ball and sets off opposition attacks, no idea why he’s getting picked.

And I don’t see McT being that much better, although give him some benefit of the doubt as he was likely concussed from that ball to the mush.
Yes, I whole heartedly agree with everything you said. Neither of them are good enough to be in the starting 11 at a top four club let alone Manchester United. McT makes a good bench player though.

I do not want to see another year of Fred and McT running the midfield, but they're Ole's crutch. They bailed him out when he first started, so I have this dreaded feeling......they will be the start for most games this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Matic is hugely underrated technically which i'm sure is in part due to his large frame. I don't think any of our midfielders are fit to lace his peak level boots.

If he was 5 years younger we'd be a completely different proposition.
I wish he was five years younger as well, his frame is probably a lot larger than Declan Rice, which your rate, gives him an advantage in running the midfield.

(I hope he can stay fit enough to run alongside Pogba this year)

Unread 21-09-2021, 08:08 AM
AK14