United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Tottenham have shades of our team when we had Jose. Absolute no leaders and do nothing .new manager has a lot to do. Passive team.

Give it 6 months the wheels will come off there aswell
Without doubt.

Not sure Nuno is the man for Spurs tbh, that stat that his sides haven’t scored in the first half of over 80 of his 120-odd PL games is mental.

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Already been to Spurs and Anfield 5 games in. Imperious both times.

To think they almost added Kounde to this squad aswell.

Saul will likely improve them aswell if Tuchel can find his old form.

At least its not City or Liverpool hey.

Oh my god.

Mou's Roma shining brightly!
Tbh, I’m glad there’s other teams involved. The league should be competitive. 3 or 4 teams right up there. The last few years of one team banging out 15 wins in a row to stroll it is embarrassing. We used to laugh at Scotland or France when their teams did it, but laud ours.

#makethepremierleaguegreatagain

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Tbh, I’m glad there’s other teams involved. The league should be competitive. 3 or 4 teams right up there. The last few years of one team banging out 15 wins in a row to stroll it is embarrassing. We used to laugh at Scotland or France when their teams did it, but laud ours.

#makethepremierleaguegreatagain
Could do with some of the mid level teams showing up from time to time.

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:20 PM
Sparky***

absolute fuss free stuff for Chelsea another 3-0 win. Spurs look utterly bereft of any sort of belief.

This is what happens when you don't give teams hope by making ridiculous £#%&! ups.

Compare that with United who are having life and death with every team we go to and it's world of difference.

goonlooca

3 nil

Danoli

That’s who we need to finish above

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:21 PM
dunk

Penny for Kane’s thoughts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
absolute fuss free stuff for Chelsea another 3-0 win. Spurs look utterly bereft of any sort of belief.

This is what happens when you don't give teams hope by making ridiculous £#%&! ups.

Compare that with United who are having life and death with every team we go to and it's world of difference.
Boring as £#%&! watching Chelsea though. Much prefer a late thunderbastard winner and penalty save tbh.

I think I’d rather have played Spurs than West Ham too..

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Yep. I think we both made the point this week. Them and Liverpool rattle of the 2-0 and 3-0 games like they’re nothing. Games like today at West Ham should be the exception, not the norm.

Chelsea are going to be very hard to stop.

City have got to watch themselves. They have tendency to coast along and can’t afford to have too many days like yesterday. Sloppy at Spurs on the opening weekend and a bad home draw yesterday. Careless, just in a different way to us.

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Penny for Kane’s thoughts..

Boring as £#%&! watching Chelsea though. Much prefer a late thunderbastard winner and penalty save tbh.

I think I’d rather have played Spurs than West Ham too..
Yeah but we'd have made spurs look good. We find a way to give even the most hopeless of outfits hope.

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yeah but we'd have made spurs look good. We find a way to give even the most hopeless of outfits hope.
Based on this, I reckon Spurs would’ve made us look good tbh.

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:25 PM
puressence

Quote:
What like Leeds and Newcastle 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Relax lad. Stop comparing utd v everyone enjoy it x

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:28 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
4 vs Newcastle and 5 vs Leeds?
I get what you’re saying but we don’t have a central midfield . Unless it suddenly comes good ( it won’t) expect this. I feel like the more we play the more we are growing into it. Maybe the Ronaldo affect. AWB played better today and lingard got the winning goal. Stick rashford in and try and get shaw back to his unplayable best.

We have a few gears to go up , I really believe that especially with Ronaldo, I can see them training harder , eating better etc etc , to give us the edge in those fine margin games.

I’m hoping from Chelsea and Liverpool’s perspective they will peak too early in the league and the wheels will come off around Christmas ( wishful thinking I know)

Tottenham were dog shit today and it wasn’t because Chelsea didn’t let them. It’s because they’re dog shit.

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:28 PM
atticusgrinch

Incredible the difference in this Chelsea team. Tuchel's only been there since the end of Jan

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
4 vs Newcastle and 5 vs Leeds?
I get what you’re saying but we don’t have a central midfield . Unless it suddenly comes good ( it won’t) expect this. I feel like the more we play the more we are growing into it. Maybe the Ronaldo affect. AWB played better today and lingard got the winning goal. Stick rashford in and try and get shaw back to his unplayable best.

We have a few gears to go up , I really believe that especially with Ronaldo, I can see them training harder , eating better etc etc , to give us the edge in those fine margin games.

I’m hoping from Chelsea and Liverpool’s perspective they will peak too early in the league and the wheels will come off around Christmas ( wishful thinking I know)

Tottenham were dog shit today and it wasn’t because Chelsea didn’t let them. It’s because they’re dog shit.
I do agree we can improve. Even Fred is better than he’s showing, for example. Rashford gives us another dimension and Ronaldo elevates us… and will improve.

Performances have been patchy, yet we’ve still got 13 from 15. IF we can improve even by a bit, things should be a lot less stressful,

This is just no way to live

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:36 PM
dunk

Keano nailed it. That was as much about how bad Spurs were as how good Chelsea were. £#%&! knows what’s happened there, they started the season like a house on fire. They were shite at Rennes and £#%&!ing awful today.

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:38 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Keano nailed it. That was as much about how bad Spurs were as how good Chelsea were. £#%&! knows what’s happened there, they started the season like a house on fire. They were shite at Rennes and £#%&!ing awful today.
They got three 1-0 wins that could have gone either way. I think they’re levelling back out now. It’s a good squad, but not a great squad and their main man doesn’t want to be there. They’re heavily reliant on Kane and Son. As you say, less of a threat than West Ham today. They’re closer to each other than Spurs are to the top four IMO,

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
3 goals in 5 games.

might have something to do with the fact they've employed probably the most negative manager in the league.

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
3 goals in 5 games.

might have something to do with the fact they've employed probably the most negative manager in the league.
I know they struggled for a manager, but that was a poor appointment.

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:41 PM
20LEgend1999

Really was an odd decision to sack Jose, insist to your fans you're committed to attacking and entertaining, and then hire Nuno.

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:43 PM
dunk

Mou Mou’s Roma doing bits…

Wait.. sorry, in bits.
Closed Thread