United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Turgid second half but proper United way to finish.

Moyes

Jesse earning a start?

Matic's pass for the goal was maybe the first line-breaking pass our midfield played all game. McFred were rotten. Axis of nothing.
Mctom did well considering he looked £#%&!ed after 60 minutes

Fred was dreadful

Matic has to start in his place from now on.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:13 PM
Mr Kaboom

Best cameo since Stevie Me’s 38 seconds at Anfield

atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Tbf dunk regularly plays on Astro

Reminded us all every five seconds on Tuesday night.
Think i've seen a huge pumpkin headed moron charging around the Pitz now that you mention it.

Dasilvatwins

Ole has to call the ref out . ESP for the last Ronaldo foul. Sky sports did their best to not mention either of it. Decided to focus on how it was a bad decision for noble to come on.

Never mind being out of the game. That being said if Fred starts again ole is a #@&%!.

Energy is all and good but if he makes 10 mistakes a game which leads to us having to defend and put us in the shit , it’s not worth it. Try donny , he can’t be worse than Fred, he just can’t.

Promote mejbri, go 4-3-3 with The Scottish Player as a base and pogba Fernandes infront of him , anything but fred

saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Think i've seen a huge pumpkin headed moron charging around the Pitz now that you mention it.
The dunk v atticers beef is gargantuan!

Two giants of the forum.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:14 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Clueless @#%&!.
"Nothing he could do about it"

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You won't see a worse VAR performance than that this season. Ole should be out infront of the cameras after, spitting feathers.

Absolute £#%&!ing disgrace - they've not give those pens because it's ronaldo, simple as. They wanted to 'prove' a point there by not giving them. No other reason both of them should have been waved away.

The save at the end was great but i'm fuming we were even in that position. Disgrace. Absolute disgrace from Atkinson and the VAR team.
Yep. Even if it’s a yes or a no, there’s usually enough doubt that you can defend them….. I cannot fathom how that second one is anything other than a clear and simple penalty award. As you say, all you can think is they’re trying to make an example of not giving soft pens and what better way than not giving it for someone who ‘goes to ground easily’ and against a team who were awarded a record number of pens last season.

I see Sky skipped straight over it

If that was the other way round and we had a 94th minute penalty given to us on review after a nailed on one was waved away for West Ham, you can be sure as shit we’d have to listen to 15 minutes of sanctimonious £#%&! about how ‘the game has gone’.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Quote:
"Nothing he could do about it"

Pathetic. You really are an utter £#%&!ing moron.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:16 PM
Stickman

It’s at the point of VDB isn’t trusted and Matic is seen as too leggy I’d just pick the best youth player in that position over Fred. He is just horrendous. Amount of times he had Shaw open in space on the left but didn’t have the confidence to take the pass on….relatively easy pass too. Bin.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:16 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep. Even if it’s a yes or a no, there’s usually enough doubt that you can defend them….. I cannot fathom how that second one is anything other than a clear and simple penalty award. As you say, all you can think is they’re trying to make an example of not giving soft pens and what better way than not giving it for someone who ‘goes to ground easily’ and against a team who were awarded a record number of pens last season.

I see Sky skipped straight over it

If that was the other way round and we had a 94th minute penalty given to us on review after a nailed on one was waved away for West Ham, you can be sure as shit we’d have to listen to 15 minutes of sanctimonious **** about how ‘the game has gone’.

If pogba gets a foul, Ronaldos first one was 110% a foul because it’s worse than when Zoumas went over pogba.

The second one if ole doesn’t come out and say something he is a @#%&!. Straight up, it was that bad he has to put a light on it. Even if it’s from the manager and he gets a fine or ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
It’s at the point of VDB isn’t trusted and Matic is seen as too leggy I’d just pick the best youth player in that position over Fred. He is just horrendous. Amount of times he had Shaw open in space on the left but didn’t have the confidence to take the pass on….relatively easy pass too. Bin.
Mejbri can’t be worse than Fred.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:18 PM
Sparky***

The 2nd half, west ham were clearly £#%&!ed. Out on their feet.

We lack the ruthlessness of champions, to smell blood and blow teams away when they're weak.

There's a fine line between being patient, and waiting your moment and just letting the game drift. And we dance that line far too often.

Can't complain with the result though and i'm absolutely delighted for Dave to save that after the final last year.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

We lack the ruthlessness of champions, to smell blood and blow teams away when they're weak.

There's a fine line between being patient, and waiting your moment and just letting the game drift. And we dance that line far too often.

Can't complain with the result though and i'm absolutely delighted for Dave to save that after the final last year.
Another day and that finishes with us 3 or 4 goals up. Refereeing hampered us massively there. I don’t think we played that badly overall.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Mejbri can’t be worse than Fred.
Completely different players.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Michael Owen has logged on.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Another day and that finishes with us 3 or 4 goals up. Refereeing hampered us massively there. I don’t think we played that badly overall.
Ronaldo should’ve had 3. Poor touch from McT’s ball, shot from Mason’s ball, 1v1 early 2nd half, plus 2 penalties. Don’t fancy him to pass up that many opportunities often.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:22 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Certainly the only team looking to win it.

Not perfect but can't fault the attitude. Some goal to win it and what a buzz off that penalty save

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:22 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
from what I have seen he can pass and drive forward? It’s what we miss form CM. I highly doubt he is worse than Fred when it comes to tackling either , I’m sure he has a bigger frame so won’t be bullied as much as Fred is.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
from what I have seen he can pass and drive forward? It’s what we miss form CM. I highly doubt he is worse than Fred when it comes to tackling either , I’m sure he has a bigger frame so won’t be bullied as much as Fred is.
He plays more forward, not as a DM, which is what Fred is doing. He’s more in Bruno’s role.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

I think our performance level was much improved, easily our best away from home this season, in toughest game…. But we saw the usual flaws again and there’s nothing to suggest it’s improving. It’ll be tie difference for us this season again….

…. But the individual quality is improving all the time and Ronaldo elevates us.

Today is one to be enjoyed after midweek.

With two of the forum’s least popular players as the heroes

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Michael Owen has logged on.
Neo has got you absolutely pegged.