in 81 82.65%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 18-09-2021, 09:29 AM
Medlock

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Neither count. Or they both count, just depends what point you’re trying to make. Can’t have one without the other though.

And people really don’t like to moan, some people just like to have a varied opinion and discussion based on the facts put in front of them.
Phew, that's great then. Heres to a long future of fact-based discussion

Unread 18-09-2021, 11:14 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
State of you/this place

4 league games in, get rid…
3 years in you mean.

State of YOU. Crying because of people holding views that differ to you. Snowflake.

Unread 18-09-2021, 11:53 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

3 years in you mean.

State of YOU. Crying because of people holding views that differ to you. Snowflake.
Wow, really hate to see it kicking off between reds but surely draggers won’t stand for being called that? A well respected been there and done it bonafide irl top red being called out by the king of the internet foreign reds? It feels an awful mismatch on paper but this isn’t a face to face irl battle - this is the internet - where credibility and irl top red points count for nothing and possibly are even a disadvantage.

Be interesting to see draggers next move….

Unread 18-09-2021, 12:00 PM
NedKelly

Saffers throws bad rep around when people disagree with him, so I’m unsure why he’d call anyone else a snowflake.

Unread 18-09-2021, 12:07 PM
BarryX

Quote:
3 years in you mean
2. We're at the start of Ole's third full season in charge.

Unread 18-09-2021, 12:31 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He isn't.

Unread 18-09-2021, 12:47 PM
believe

Always thought Ryan was draggers 42’s protege? Can only imagine Ryan didn’t join in Oles ar the wheel over a 2am kebab.

Unread 18-09-2021, 01:41 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Always thought Ryan was draggers 42’s protege? Can only imagine Ryan didn’t join in Oles ar the wheel over a 2am kebab.
Still a snide? It doesn’t mean you’re someone’s protege because you’re younger than someone..

I’d use an example for you if I knew someone on here that is older than you, etc.

Unread 18-09-2021, 01:46 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Still a snide? It doesn’t mean you’re someone’s protege because you’re younger than someone..

I’d use an example for you if I knew someone on here that is older than you, etc.
That's an easy one....

Things really heated up around here!

Shoot crew/Ole enablers v the realist gang

Old v young

Hippy v cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Saved for posterity.

Unread 18-09-2021, 02:14 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC

Just thought you were mates

Unread 18-09-2021, 02:37 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Just thought you were mates
Fellow fredsters..

Unread 18-09-2021, 03:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Important point to make IMO

If there's anything worse than posting a table after 4 games, its posting it after 1 game.

Unread 18-09-2021, 04:24 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
2. We're at the start of Ole's third full season in charge.
We are 2 months away from him having been in charge for 3 calendar years. Thats longer than 3 seasons.

Unread 18-09-2021, 04:42 PM
BarryX

Quote:
We are 2 months away from him having been in charge for 3 calendar years. Thats longer than 3 seasons.
He was caretaker for the first, what, 5 or 6 months? Inherited a squad that wasn't his, with morale at a near all-time low, and then won 14 out of 16 if I'm not mistaken (which in itself speaks for itself).

Whatever your opinion on him, the simple fact is that he's only had two full seasons in charge and this is the start or his third. Name me another United manager that's won the title in his third full season.

Unread 18-09-2021, 04:50 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
He was caretaker for the first, what, 5 or 6 months? Inherited a squad that wasn't his, with morale at a near all-time low, and then won 14 out of 16 if I'm not mistaken (which in itself speaks for itself).

Whatever your opinion on him, the simple fact is that he's only had two full seasons in charge and this is the start or his third. Name me another United manager that's won the title in his third full season.
Yeah - it begs the question why he's got nowhere near those levels since.

Unread 18-09-2021, 05:04 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

What’s your expectation this season Bazza? What would be an acceptable outcome?

Unread 18-09-2021, 05:15 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Squad depth (in terms of quality), is my take on it, and possibly the need for a change in coaching set up, as has been alluded to elsewhere. The former is a problem he and the club have nearly solved, the latter I'll address below.

Unread 18-09-2021, 05:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
We had a pretty good run last season tbf. If only we hadn't thought we just needed to turn up against Sheffield United to win

Unread 18-09-2021, 05:31 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
What’s your expectation this season Bazza? What would be an acceptable outcome?
Personally don't think he should go if we don't win anything this season, but definitely needs to be in the mix in the league (top 3 and within spitting distance of first) and ideally through to the latter stages of the CL. If we don't make it past the group stage then he really does need to shake up the coaching side of things and maybe bring in a new assistant. Any other cup would a bonus.

If we don't win any major trophy but qualify for next year's CL, I'd give him one more summer transfer window and see how we get on at the start of next season before even considering whether I'd want him out or not.

The only things that would change my mind on the subject would be failure to qualify for the Champions League next year, losing the dressing room entirely or playing a Jose brand of football.

Surely, the United way?

Unread 18-09-2021, 05:52 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Personally don't think he should go if we don't win anything this season, but definitely needs to be in the mix in the league (top 3 and within spitting distance of first) and ideally through to the latter stages of the CL. If we don't make it past the group stage then he really does need to shake up the coaching side of things and maybe bring in a new assistant. Any other cup would a bonus.

If we don't win any major trophy but qualify for next year's CL, I'd give him one more summer transfer window and see how we get on at the start of next season before even considering whether I'd want him out or not.

The only things that would change my mind on the subject would be failure to qualify for the Champions League next year, losing the dressing room entirely or playing a Jose brand of football.

Surely, the United way?
We need to show improvement. More points, more wins, more goals, further in the CL. I don’t think you can say a team MUST win the league, but last season was the closest we’ve been in a while and this season needs to be the same.

Performances must improve though or we’ll be nowhere near it. Nothing in the first four games has filled me with confidence that we’ve addressed many issues or that we’re as good as the other three up there.
Closed Thread