United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-09-2021, 02:48 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Or just embarrassed. Imagine being PL champions, having the most expensively assembled squad in the the world and yet your stadium looks half empty for a thrilling Champion's League game (even when the tickets are £15 for an adult, and a fiver for under 18s). Jokes.
Well, there is that. He comes from Barca, an absolute behemoth of a club, and Bayern, who are head and shoulders above anyone else in their own league with European pedigree, to inner-city Bolton-upon-cash.

He must clearly see by now that, no matter what he does, you can't polish a turd. You can roll it in glitter, but it still £#%&!ing stinks.

Unread 16-09-2021, 02:52 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
Well, there is that. He comes from Barca, an absolute behemoth of a club, and Bayern, who are head and shoulders above anyone else in their own league with European pedigree, to inner-city Bolton-upon-cash.

He must clearly see by now that, no matter what he does, you can't polish a turd. You can roll it in glitter, but it still £#%&!ing stinks.
Very well put, Sir, and it's taken the edge right off our defeat earlier in the week.

Unread 16-09-2021, 03:40 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?

If they don't show up for the likes of Guardiola, De Bruyne and the 95 odd point seasons they never will. No idea if it's still there but at one point there was a thousand page plus thread on bluemoon about building an 80k stadium, good luck with that lads.

Unread 16-09-2021, 05:08 PM
Switching Off

Curly Watts from their supporters club

“It did surprise me,” Parker said. “I’m not sure what that’s got to do with him. He doesn’t understand the difficulties that some people might have getting to a game at the Etihad on a Wednesday evening at 8pm. They’ve got kids to think of, they might not be able to afford it, there are still some Covid issues about … I don’t see why he comments on it.

“He’s absolutely the best coach in the world but, in the nicest possible way, I think maybe he should stick to that. It just takes the edge off what was a good night. People are talking more about Pep’s comments than a fantastic game.

“To question the support, which is effectively what he is doing, is disappointing and uncalled for. It does also play into the hands of supporters from other teams who want to take every opportunity to have a go at City for what they think are the poor attendances. People refer to the Etihad as the ‘Emptyhad’. It’s a little bit of fun by the opposition supporters but there’s no justification for it. It’s not factual. Our attendances are generally excellent.”

“Of course he would want a full house but I don’t know why he would question whether we’d have one against Southampton on Saturday. It is a different scenario. We have played two Saturday home games and the stadium – from a City perspective at least, Norwich didn’t sell their full allocation – was full on both occasions. I don’t think anybody anywhere within the club should be questioning the loyalty of the supporters. It is frustrating.”

Unread 16-09-2021, 10:13 PM
Sparky***

The most successful manager in their club's entire history and they're telling him to "Stick to coaching".

Ungrateful, underserving, mongs.

Unread 17-09-2021, 02:21 PM
Pop

Pep Guardiola refused to apologise for his comments about Manchester City's support in midweek.

Kevin Parker, general secretary of City's supporters' club, criticised Guardiola for being out of touch but the Catalan stood his ground.

'Mr Parker should review the comments. I will not apologise,' Guardiola said.
'Did I say after the game that I was disappointed because the stadium was not full? Interpretation is interpretation. I'm not going to apologise. I am surprised at what has happened'.

Mr Parker...

I'm getting the word.....

Unread 17-09-2021, 02:23 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Pep Guardiola refused to apologise for his comments about Manchester City's support in midweek.

Kevin Parker, general secretary of City's supporters' club, criticised Guardiola for being out of touch but the Catalan stood his ground.

'Did I say after the game that I was disappointed because the stadium was not full? Interpretation is interpretation. I'm not going to apologise. I am surprised at what has happened'.

Mr Parker...

BlueBoxyBate?

Unread 17-09-2021, 03:04 PM
atticusgrinch

Blues aren't taking this well at all. The manager quite literally begging on live tv for someone, anyone to turn up to watch games.

Naturally this means any mention of this unfortunate episode should be kept to an absolute minimum.

Unread 17-09-2021, 03:33 PM
20LEgend1999

Unread 18-09-2021, 05:06 AM
shenwen

From somewhere else

Quote:
My take as a City supporter.
My choices for a midweek game, regardless of competition. No trains after the game, so I have to drive. This game starts at 8pm and it ends around 10pm. It takes 30 mins to get back to my car and 3 hours to drive back. So home by approx 2am.
Bad traffic heading toward Stockport these days?

Unread 18-09-2021, 12:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
From somewhere else

Why are they explaining how attending games works? Same for all clubs. Including the ones that fill their stadium. We understand traffic, thanks.

Unread 18-09-2021, 01:28 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Mr Parker...

No fun

Unread 18-09-2021, 01:35 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
No fun

Unread 18-09-2021, 02:00 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
No fun
That’s 2 words you rochdale charity bastard

Unread 18-09-2021, 02:02 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
From somewhere else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Why are they explaining how attending games works? Same for all clubs. Including the ones that fill their stadium. We understand traffic, thanks.
Well, how do all the United fans manage? What with them all being from the Home Counties & none of them being from Manchester.

Unread 18-09-2021, 02:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Well, how do all the United fans manage? What with them all being from the Home Counties & none of them being from Manchester.

We’re all multi millionaires.

Unread 19-09-2021, 12:00 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
From somewhere else

30 minutes to get back to his car? Where's the #@&%! parked, Stalyvegas?

Unread 19-09-2021, 06:58 AM
Patty_b

Pathetic

Unread 19-09-2021, 08:33 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
the complex will never leave them no matter what so theres always that crumb of comfort no matter what they do.

Unread 19-09-2021, 12:10 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

My word

"Right, we've been proper shown up here....just throw some old stats up which PROVE that we're well supported. It can be anything."

"What happens when it's pointed out that stats vs Southampton aren't really that big of a help?"

"They won't notice."
Closed Thread