Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Ole in/out
out 17 17.35%
in 81 82.65%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:00 AM
Red_Rizla

In - for all the reasons I have posted before.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:02 AM
Bunker Buster

Out - Tactically inept.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:13 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Out - Tactically inept.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:14 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Love this new stance of how he’ll be leaving us in such a good position too.
Might have missed some posts of people with this stance, but I think the point is more that we have a squad that is capable of competing for the top trophies, whether Solskjaer is manager or not.

You may disagree, but most people would say we have the best squad we've had in a long time, and that if Solskjaer is incapable of leading this team to trophies, then someone else will be.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:17 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Might have missed some posts of people with this stance, but I think the point is more than we have a squad that is capable of competing for the top trophies, whether Solskjaer is manager or not.

You may disagree, but most people would say we have the best squad we've had in a long time, and that if Solskjaer is incapable of leading this team to trophies, then someone else will be.
I was using a collection of points people make regularly about the squad despite making the point that Ole is doing such a great job. I think we’ve got a squad more than capable of winning this league, I’m just not sure we’ve got the right management team to get the best out of it. Time will tell of course abs we hope that it will but so far we’ve not seen much to guarantee it.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:32 AM
dunk

I think this squad is good enough to win the league in the LvG era or the Mou era, not sure it’s good enough to go up against Pep’s City and Tuchel’s Chelsea tbh, the experience, know-how, consistency and depth of their squads is a huge obstacle.

Now matter how you set us up, that Centre midfield is a serious problem.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:37 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I think this squad is good enough to win the league in the LvG era or the Mou era, not sure it’s good enough to go up against Pep’s City and Tuchel’s Chelsea tbh, the experience, know-how, consistency and depth of their squads is a huge obstacle.

We are still waiting for him to play Lindelof in DM. That will sort the issue out...

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:47 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
We are still waiting for him to play Lindelof in DM. That will sort the issue out...

When you say ‘we’ do you mean ‘you’? I don’t want or expect to ever see Lindelof in midfield

NedKelly

I’m Ole in unless we end up in the Europa. I just can’t do it again.

windy waffles

Quote:
When you say ‘we’ do you mean ‘you’? I don’t want or expect to ever see Lindelof in midfield
Someone on here said it was worth a try - can't remember who.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:49 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
You see, that's just %@#$&!s magic. You can't cherry pick which are his and which you assume were forced upon him in order to give maximum credit to his signings to further your argument.

AWB at 50M is not a hit.

Telles and Van De Beek were complete wastes of money and you've also left Ighalo off.

Maguire has been a good signing.

Bruno - elite

Cavani - smart

Dan James - flop

Ronaldo, Varane, Sancho - blind willy could have identified those 3

Anyway, I think in the transfer market we've improved a lot - ties in with the cultural reboot the club apparently wanted to embark on post Mourinho.

The issue is more around his coaching abilities to get the maximum out of this squad, or perhaps even make it greater than the sum of its parts. (can you honestly even imagine that?) You get the feeling Ole would need a world class player in every position to win the league, or take it to the wire,
Telles was far from a waste of money. Provided genuine competition for Shaw who, miraculously, upped his game. Obviously we've not seen as much of him as we'd have liked but I think he'll have a big role to play this season. I think he's been very good when he's been fit and what was he, 15m?

Far from a waste of money.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:50 AM
windy waffles

"Telles is a £#%&!ing great player. And you're all £#%&!ing idiots."

[SIZE="1"](Said in the voice of Fergie)

Unread 17-09-2021, 11:03 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

In - But the jury needs to be out sizing up a genuine top notch replacement.

Ole has done a good job and would make a great No2. He lacks the tactical nous to win the major honours and I suspect has a need to be liked, which isn't usually a trait of single minded winners.

Unread 17-09-2021, 11:09 AM
BarryX

Quote:

Very valid point.

Starting to think we need to give Hannibal some game time. A big ask for the young lad, but he's full of beans that lad (from what I've seen of him) and is a quality prospect.

Unread 17-09-2021, 11:11 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I shouldnt be voting out this early in this season but I think we know whats coming so its better to do it now while the season is alive.

Ambitious clubs are ruthless. Are we an ambtitious club anymore?

Chelsea got so much flak for binning Lampard suddenly. All forgotten now.
No

Although if Ole loses Ronaldo, the gimps will get worried. I think that's pretty much all that matters now. Is Ronnie happy with him? As long as he is, hes got a job.

Unread 17-09-2021, 11:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Very valid point.

Starting to think we need to give Hannibal some game time. A big ask for the young lad, but he's full of beans that lad (from what I've seen of him) and is a quality prospect.
Only problem with that is he plays where we are strong and do have depth: attack. Same for Elanga.

Unread 17-09-2021, 11:12 AM
Pop

Give him the season. If he doesn't push the club closer to the title and arses up in the CL again sentimentality should have no place at Utd. It doesn't at a club like Bayern Munich.

Unread 17-09-2021, 11:13 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:

I’m sorry but that’s a load of bullshit, along with the other excuses that people keep using.

Some of the shit we’ve watched under Ole is as bad as any other manager since Ferguson.

Did Leicester have tons of experience and squad depth when they won it? No. Did they have a better squad than we do now? Did they have the same resources as United? Also no.

If he doesn’t deliver this season then he’s without doubt the worst manager we’ve had since Ferguson left when you take the money he’s spent and time he’s been given for the club to find out if he’s the right man.

Unread 17-09-2021, 11:16 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
I’m sorry but that’s a load of bullshit, along with the other excuses that people keep using.

Some of the shit we’ve watched under Ole is as bad as any other manager since Ferguson.

Did Leicester have tons of experience and squad depth when they won it? No. Did they have a better squad than we do now? Did they have the same resources as United? Also no.

If he doesn’t deliver this season then he’s without doubt the worst manager we’ve had since Ferguson left when you take the money he’s spent and time he’s been given for the club to find out if he’s the right man.
Leicester’s main challengers were Spurs. The league was in a state.

The rest of the post is %@#$&!s tbh.

Unread 17-09-2021, 11:16 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Only problem with that is he plays where we are strong and do have depth: attack. Same for Elanga.
From what (little) I've seen he covers a lot of ground and Butt has compared to Keane, but I'm definitely no expert in the U23's. If only we'd bought ourselves a Kanté...
Closed Thread