United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:38 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He’s won 3 of the last 7 in the Champions League, and 8 of his last 15 in European competition.

So yes, I think he might be able to win some games in Europe
Should have stated Champions League to stop the pedants.

He's lost four of his last five in the champions league.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:39 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Should have stated Champions League to stop the pedants.
He’s won 3 of his last 7 in the CL, maybe you missed that bit?

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:39 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
He’s won 3 of his last 7 in the CL, maybe you missed that bit?
He has lost 4 of his last five.

Did you miss that bit?

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:41 AM
Red_Rizla

Quote:

So you think he is suddenly going to have the tactical nuance to win games in Europe, let alone go all the way?

We lost to YOUNG BOYS. 10 men or not, we should have been able to have won that game. Ole didn't know what to do...
Okay ...

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:44 AM
Ethers

Quote:
He has lost 4 of his last five.

Did you miss that bit?
You said “suddenly have the tactical nuance to win games”, which he’s already doing

I think maybe what you meant to say is to win the big knockout or high pressure games. Now that would be a fair comment. But it’s daft to suggest he can’t win games in the CL when he’s done so just last season, some excellent wins too.

If you want any help drafting your posts in future, just ask

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:44 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
You said “suddenly have the tactical nuance to win games”, which he’s already doing

I think maybe what you meant to say is to win the big knockout or high pressure games. Now that would be a fair comment. But it’s daft to suggest he can’t win games in the CL when he’s done so just last season, some excellent wins too.

If you want any help drafting your posts in future, just ask
You have PM.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:45 AM
NedKelly

Personally think we’ll do better in the league than the CL. We’re just too inconsistent in the CL and it costs us every time. In the league, one thing I’ll say for us is we’re very hard to beat - our away form is testament to this. If we sort our home form out this season then it’s on as far as I’m concerned.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:50 AM
Red_Rizla

Quote:
You have PM.
What kind of person announces to everyone that they have sent a PM? Classic narcissism.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:55 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rizla
What kind of person announces to everyone that they have sent a PM? Classic narcissism.
Are you kidding?

Unread 17-09-2021, 11:00 AM
Red_Rizla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Personally think we’ll do better in the league than the CL. We’re just too inconsistent in the CL and it costs us every time. In the league, one thing I’ll say for us is we’re very hard to beat - our away form is testament to this. If we sort our home form out this season then it’s on as far as I’m concerned.
I agree. Our home form has been poor but is looking much better. We have been inconsistent in the CL, but I still think we will sort that out.

Unread 17-09-2021, 11:50 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
What kind of odd argument is this. You do realise Zidane had zero European cups and was also new to the job when he started working with Ronaldo?

So he's had Zidane Pirlo and Ole as managers, all new or newish to the job and all champions league winners as players. What's your point
It's a fair point. Ole now is much more experienced than Zidane was then. Says nothing about how tactically astute they are though, and I doubt Zidane had Harpo, Chico, Gummo and £#%&!ing Zeppo as his coaching team either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
winning something isn't really a fair test. there are good teams and managers around us. with actual midfields. I'd just like him not to make £#%&!ing stupid decisions and to see some sign the players met during the week. he doesn't need a complete philosophy, but something between a stupid grin and king louis would be nice.
This. He shouldn't have to win the CL or even the PL. Just make a team that looks like they know what they're doing on a regular basis, and demonstrate that he's made plans over and above "hit Rashy/Greeny/Anto/Jaydo on the break Paulie/Brunoie!!"

Picking players on how they're playing rather than who they are or how much they cost would be a bonus.

Unread 17-09-2021, 12:25 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rizla
I back Ole, and it is good to see that others do. We played turgid football regularly under LvG and Morinho. I have blocked out the Moyes months. Okay, we won a few things, but never once did I feel I was watching the United I have followed for 50+ years. I like what Ole is building here, and I back him to succeed.

It is a fair point that from 2001-2013 SAF had either Meulensteen or Quieroz alongside, and perhaps this (along with a DM) is what is required. I always feared that modern, non-matchgoing/online fans would crave instant and continuous success. Trolls, WUMs and the painfully stupid dominate discussions - knee-jerk reactions and the agendas of the fickle posters who crave attention take over.

We dismantled Leeds and Newcastle at home, and were less impressive away, but still did not lose. The Young Boys defeat was disappointing, but not a catastrophe. The artificial pitch has been mentioned, and the poor refereeing. Ethers’ post was excellent, and the point made by Time for Heroes made many on here look silly. We are top of the league ffs!
I am going to screen shoot this, print it out and frame it and it has never happened before

Unread 17-09-2021, 12:42 PM
Mr_Ed

Think the phlegmy one makes some good points

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...nar-solskjaer/

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Think the phlegmy one makes some good points

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...nar-solskjaer/
He writes in hope imo.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:05 PM
Jethro

Nothing more than easy column inches. United are a tap in for journalists at the moment. He's played 2 games ffs

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He writes in hope imo.
Quote:
Unlike their biggest rivals, Manchester United look like an ensemble of brilliant individuals rather than a cohesive unit destined for glory
We’ve added 3 new first choice players and missing two key players through injury. I’m pretty confident any team would look a little disjointed in the same situation + It’s been less than a month

Wtf does he expect?

There are issues with Ole obviously and even biggest of Ole fanboys would agree, but £#%&! me it’s getting ridiculous. Let’s see where we are after Christmas before completely writing the season off as a failure.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
We’ve added 3 new first choice players and missing two key players through injury. I’m pretty confident any team would look a little disjointed in the same situation + It’s been less than a month

Wtf does he expect?

There are issues with Ole obviously and even biggest of Ole fanboys would agree, but £#%&! me it’s getting ridiculous. Let’s see where we are after Christmas before completely writing the season off as a failure.
He has to pander to the dribbling idiots down the road.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:09 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Nothing more than easy column inches. United are a tap in for journalists at the moment. He's played 2 games ffs
That’s fair enough but there are questions in my mind about game time / substitutions and the like. Time will tell and hopefully it will be all good.

Unread 25-09-2021, 03:03 PM
saffers

Ole outers are in the majority now and who can blame them.

But I have to sincerely ask. Why join now? Did you not see this after Villarreal? Did you not see this after we crashed out of the group stages of the CL? Did you not see this 12 months ago? Did you not see this losing 4-0 at Everton in 2019?

3 years of pain. One of our own failing badly. It hurts but time to rip the plaster off. TONIGHT.

Unread 25-09-2021, 03:05 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Ole outers are in the majority now and who can blame them.

But I have to sincerely ask. Why join now? Did you not see this after Villarreal? Did you not see this after we crashed out of the group stages of the CL? Did you not see this 12 months ago? Did you not see this losing 4-0 at Everton in 2019?

3 years of pain. One of our own failing badly. It hurts but time to rip the plaster off. TONIGHT.
Room for a little one?

Zizou in.
Closed Thread