United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-07-2021, 05:19 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Phillips is nowhere near good enough for us, ffs.

Can tell you barely watch games, or have any type of grasp on what makes a top player.
I watch many, many, many, MANY games.

As a former ex pro, I know better than most...

Unread 22-07-2021, 05:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

A former ex pro? So no longer an ex pro?

Oh, and

Unread 22-07-2021, 05:44 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
a former ex pro? So no longer an ex pro?

Oh, and
ffs.

Unread 22-07-2021, 05:57 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
A former ex pro? So no longer an ex pro?

Oh, and

Unread 22-07-2021, 05:57 PM
redhegemony

Quote:

Unread 22-07-2021, 06:12 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Paul Merson is an ex-pro too.

Unread 22-07-2021, 07:09 PM
windy waffles

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony

Unread 23-07-2021, 09:02 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Paul Merson is an ex-pro too.
So's Kammy. Explains a lot.

Unread 23-07-2021, 02:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

Class player. Would step up big time at united imo. Could be skipper.

Unread 23-07-2021, 03:20 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Class player. Would step up big time at united imo. Could be skipper.
Definitely. Does the whole shouting thing without coming off like Joe Hart. Still baffled at Southgate subbing him off instead of Phillips, who was £#%&!ing gash in that final.

Unread 23-07-2021, 03:51 PM
saffers

Footballing ability wise it would be dark to see Pogba leave and Rice come in.

Talk about a step back.

And I don't even rate Pogba that highly but think we should do better than this guy. There is some potential there but we need one more proper season from him where he really breaks out as a star. Can't be throwing silly money at him now.

Unread 23-07-2021, 04:06 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Footballing ability wise it would be dark to see Pogba leave and Rice come in.

Talk about a step back.

And I don't even rate Pogba that highly but think we should do better than this guy. There is some potential there but we need one more proper season from him where he really breaks out as a star. Can't be throwing silly money at him now.
Pogba is shite mate. He's been £#%&!ing £#%&! for united.

Unread 23-07-2021, 04:22 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Pogba is shite mate. He's been £#%&!ing £#%&! for united.
I want him sold as well.

Just not sure Rice is ready yet.

Unread 23-07-2021, 05:08 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I want him sold as well.

Just not sure Rice is ready yet.
Rice was in 2nd gear most of the euros because Southgate insisted he played as a sweeper basically. He has all the gears to go through imo.

Unread 23-07-2021, 05:14 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Rice was in 2nd gear most of the euros because Southgate insisted he played as a sweeper basically. He has all the gears to go through imo.
I thought he was awful all through the competition, didn't give the defense any protection, hid behind opponents every time our CB's had the ball, never carried the ball through midfield and never made a worthwhile forward pass. But then we played the final and I thought he was excellent. Haven't watched him enough to know which version is the true version of Rice. I think he is too expensive to take a chance on, for the money being mentioned he needs to be a sure thing, he needs to consistently play like he did in the final and still improve.

Unread 23-07-2021, 05:20 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
I thought he was awful all through the competition, didn't give the defense any protection, hid behind opponents every time our CB's had the ball, never carried the ball through midfield and never made a worthwhile forward pass. But then we played the final and I thought he was excellent. Haven't watched him enough to know which version is the true version of Rice. I think he is too expensive to take a chance on, for the money being mentioned he needs to be a sure thing, he needs to consistently play like he did in the final and still improve.
I thought he was poor in the euros overall. But I think he was told to do a job in a safety-first England team. In a lot of games, he had almost nothing to do.

I think he's way too expensive and will probably go to chelsea. The biggest issue with him after the euros is he looked happy to not show any initiative.

Unread 23-07-2021, 05:21 PM
redhegemony

Must be better than Fred but better than Scotty?

Unread 23-07-2021, 05:21 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Agreed. He was excellent second half vs Germany and the first 65 minutes against Italy in the final he was a beast.

I think he’s just what we need. Mobile, good in tight spaces, intercepts well and covers intelligently for the full backs when they go. It’s the missing part of the puzzle IMO. A proper DM would improve so many aspects of our play.

Unread 23-07-2021, 05:23 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Agreed. He was excellent second half vs Germany and the first 65 minutes against Italy in the final he was a beast.

I think he’s just what we need. Mobile, good in tight spaces, intercepts well and covers intelligently for the full backs when they go. It’s the missing part of the puzzle IMO. A proper DM would improve so many aspects of our play.
He's one of those that the tougher the challenge the better he is imo.

Unread 16-09-2021, 07:24 PM
20LEgend1999

Closed Thread