United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 15-09-2021, 08:29 AM
dunk

Pogba had to be the one dragged.

Pogba off Dalot on, 4-4-1 nice and compact with Bruno and Sancho charged with supporting Ronaldo where possible, Matic on around the hour with Martial/Greenwood replacing Ronaldo at the same time.

Pogba offered £#%&! all defending and nothing in attack before the sending off.

Christ our midfield options are shite

Unread 15-09-2021, 08:40 AM
jem

I have no problem with ole switching to five at the back. what I do find fault with is that the midfield in front of them was unbalanced and shite.... as it always £#%&!ing is. that and not putting some real pace up front. we're supposed to be good on the counter. there was no discipline or common sense in the way we played.

all the young boys did was run and put us under pressure. panic ensued.

what jesseh did was unforgivable.

Unread 15-09-2021, 08:41 AM
windy waffles

Taking Ronaldo and Fernandes off when you're drawing 1-1 with Young Boys ffs.

Utterly baffling.

They must think Ole is a clown themselves.

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:01 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Taking Ronaldo and Fernandes off when you're drawing 1-1 with Young Boys ffs.

Utterly baffling.

They must think Ole is a clown themselves.
Ron and Bruno looked like they were fuming on the bench in a very heated discussion.

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:09 AM
Dasilvatwins

5 at the back isn’t the worst idea, nor is taking of Ronaldo , when you’re a man down you need runners. He needed his best three midfielders who run and close down well, arguable Fred bruno VDB should have been there and then Greenwood for Ronaldo and counter them

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:24 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
You'd bring Greenwood on for Ronaldo though wouldn't you? £#%&!ing Lingard Who ends up in centre mid.

£#%&!ing hell.
Greenwood wouldn't have made much difference imo. We weren't even attempting to go forward. He would have just been isolated.

The martial sub i just don't understand at all

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:24 AM
andyroo

We did defend well, YBs weren't getting many shots in despite walking through our midfield and the man advantage. We were seconds away from a battling point. Then... that.

Just £#%&!ing clear it. You had one £#%&!ing job Jesseh you moron.

Still raging

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:25 AM
Mr_Ed

Modern day Ron Atkinson. At least he won a trophy.

Recurring theme is that his game management / subs are shite and tactically he ain’t all that.

It was clear Ronnie was knackered so needed to freshen it up. Where was Greenwood for example?

Already said too that Lingard, the useless #@&%!, had turned down a new gig so let’s give him more game time than last season as a result? What the actual?

Still seething.

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:33 AM
Sparky***

No point in playing anyone up front when your entire gameplan is reduced to getting the keeper to waste time and then just booting the ball aimlessly up the pitch.

Still can’t believe that last night. Absolutely fuming still.

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:33 AM
Whip Hubley

There's validity to pointing an accusing finger at the substitutions and general management, but at the end of the day if AWB hadn't been halfway up the pitch putting in a fairly awful challenge, and Lingard could play football, it would have been a comfortable win.

An all round shit show. AWB shouldn't start in the league next game. Lingard shouldn't be allowed in the ground.

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:43 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Having slept on it, I'm now firmly of the opinion that lovely Ole and his lovely management team of nice guys are not going to take this utd team anywhere further than they've got.

His/their selections are suspect, their in-game management is non-existent and the use of the bench is appalling. Time and time again, after long deep discussions on the sidelines, they leave players who clearly should be hooked on, hook goal scorers when we need goals and generally mismatch subs to the specific needs of a game.

Last night was just the latest example of a management team with no clear idea of how they want to set up, how they want to go about it and how to react when it doesn't go to plan.

And if I hear, yet again, that So & So is a lovely guy, a great man or a wonderful human being, I'm putting Ole on ignore.

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:49 AM
Dr Stranger

Yep, woken up still thoroughly pissed off at this.

Some good results masking some very worrying signs early this season.

We’ve been £#%&!ing horrendous in all our away games. We’ve created very little and let three average teams walk through us. Very fortunate to not be a couple down at Wolves or to lose it late on at Southampton,

Newcastle created some good openings at the weekend and we conceded our now customary goal where four or five players are at fault.

Leeds was easily the best display and we still contrived to throw a lead away.

All the talk of Varane coming in was that we wouldn’t need as much protection from the midfield. Utter nonsense, typified by how horrendously exposed he was against Newcastle for their goal. Nothing the guy could do.

You knew damn well Ole would come out with “that’s football” (he literally said that) and talk about the red card, but we did with 10 what we do with 11. Teams walk through our midfield. There’s a reason people cite it as the most important area of the pitch. Our attack and defence both suffer.

We’re all pleased with signings and rightly so. They’re exiting and they elevate the individual quality in the squad, but personnel doesn’t solve coaching issues.

We went into this season with recurring problems:

- an inability to break teams down that sit back
- no midfield and teams running through us
- an inability to handle being pressed
- playing in patches. Brilliant for 5 or 10, dreadful for 10-20

We’ve seen them all rear their head again this season and they will continue to do so.

I’m sick of hearing them talk about fine margins and how we must improve…. The margins wouldn’t be so fine if you were better. Don’t say you will improve, actually do it!

The quality we have in the squad will see a lot of great football and some great moments this season. There’s a lot to like about what we are and what we do, but I do NOT trust us. With even the simplest game. We have no idea what kind of United will turn up on and given week. Our games are chaotic, that is not the way to win titles and cups.

Contrast with Chelsea and Liverpool. Aside from drawing with each other, they’ve all won their games with minimal fuss. No dramas, no ridiculous brain farts. City lost at Spurs, but since then, 5-0, 5-0 and an efficient 1-0 win at Leicester.

All three of them will finish above us because of this.

As for the champions league, 7 losses in the last 11 tells you all you
Need to know about us when the pressure is on at the highest
Level.

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:51 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

We went into this season with recurring problems:

- an inability to break teams down that sit back Like Newcastle who literally had 10 men behind the ball? 4-1
- no midfield and teams running through us Not sure i've seen evidence of that this season?
- an inability to handle being pressed Isn't that Leeds entire gameplan? 5-1
- playing in patches. Brilliant for 5 or 10, dreadful for 10-20

We’ve seen them all rear their head again this season and they will continue to do so.

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:54 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Tbf the second one has happened in pretty much every game we’ve played

We’re mainly cack against the press too.

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:56 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
If you think we are fine with breaking teams down who sit deep and that we handle a press well, then jolly good for you. You’re insane.

Unread 15-09-2021, 09:58 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
If you think we are fine with breaking teams down who sit deep and that we handle a press well, then jolly good for you. You’re insane.

Newcastle literally sat back with 10 men behind the ball? Leeds do absolutely nothing but press....

You were saying these problems have reared their head this season. When? Wolves? 1 game?

Last night was evidence of neither. Last night was evidence that our right back is an idiot and Lingard should have been binned long ago.

Unread 15-09-2021, 10:04 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Newcastle literally sat back with 10 men behind the ball? Leeds do absolutely nothing but press....

You were saying these problems have reared their head this season. When? Wolves? 1 game?

Last night was evidence of neither. Last night was evidence that our right back is an idiot and Lingard should have been binned long ago.
And that our manager struggles with substitutions.

Unread 15-09-2021, 10:09 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
And that our manager struggles with substitutions.
I don't disagree

Unread 15-09-2021, 10:37 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

That infrared lamp has blinded you. We should be beating teams like YB with ten men, instead, they were deserving winners over and above the gifts we gave them.

The Newcastle and Wolves games could have been a lot more problematic had either made more of the play they had. They both had a lot of the play in the centre of the park. I don't even want to recall the Southampton game. This leaves you with the lids win, victory over a team that could just as likely be relegated as finish top half.

I know players have to settle in and results don't lie, but the fundamental errors we make are recurring and ongoing.

Unread 15-09-2021, 10:41 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
That infrared lamp has blinded you. We should be beating teams like YB with ten men, instead, they were deserving winners over and above the gifts we gave them.

The Newcastle and Wolves games could have been a lot more problematic had either made more of the play they had. They both had a lot of the play in the centre of the park. I don't even want to recall the Southampton game. This leaves you with the lids win, victory over a team that could just as likely be relegated as finish top half.

I know players have to settle in and results don't lie, but the fundamental errors we make are recurring and ongoing.

If my auntie had %@#$&!s she'd be my uncle. This is exactly my point - all of a sudden the wins vs newcastle and wolves don't count?

I'm not sure you'd find a single person who isn't £#%&!ed off with the result and performance last night. Nobody likes young boys coming from behind. I'm just laughing at the extreme reactionary view that all of a sudden ole isn't capable. We were winning the league a few days ago according to most of the forum.