United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-08-2021, 10:56 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I was impressed with Rice last night, if he is the number 1 midfield target and the reason we’re not moving for anyone else, we should be forcing the issue, offering players and money to get it done this week.

I find it hard to believe there aren’t gettable, cheaper options that are equally as good out there though.
I have an inclining it'll get done on the last day. £50m and manchild I reckon.

Unread 24-08-2021, 11:00 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I have an inclining it'll get done on the last day. £50m and manchild I reckon.
Nah, no chance. He’d have to do a Kane and then some. He’s far more important to them than getting Lingard. I doubt the owners would even see the dollar signs and cave, as they know they’ll get more next summer, probably off Chelsea.

It doesn’t make sense to me to defer signing him for a season (or 2 if next summers budget goes on the mutant), get him now and refinance it somehow, it would probably end up saving the club money in the long run as well as improving our immediate prospects word is the deals done for Sancho and Varane are on such favourable terms that they’ve barely affected us..

Unread 24-08-2021, 11:02 AM
Coracao

Lingard has 12 months left, would be a stupid deal for West Ham.

Unread 24-08-2021, 11:04 AM
jem

top of the league. why sell?

not to mention we could get trippier and neves for the same price.

Unread 24-08-2021, 11:28 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I was impressed with Rice last night, if he is the number 1 midfield target and the reason we’re not moving for anyone else, we should be forcing the issue, offering players and money to get it done this week.

I find it hard to believe there aren’t gettable, cheaper options that are equally as good out there though.
Rice is a weird one, for me. Sometimes he looks the part and others he looks like a stiff centre half playing in midfield. He’s the type we need though, just can’t help but feel there are better and cheaper options. He’s very highly regarded though. His club and international managers love him.

I can’t see us forking out what it’ll take this summer. We’ve made our big signing in Sancho and we just don’t do two massive deals in one summer. Lingard gets us maybe £30m off the fee, but we’d still need to pull £50m+ out of our arse in a week and it just won’t happen.

Unread 24-08-2021, 11:46 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Rice is a weird one, for me. Sometimes he looks the part and others he looks like a stiff centre half playing in midfield. He’s the type we need though, just can’t help but feel there are better and cheaper options. He’s very highly regarded though. His club and international managers love him.

I can’t see us forking out what it’ll take this summer. We’ve made our big signing in Sancho and we just don’t do two massive deals in one summer. Lingard gets us maybe £30m off the fee, but we’d still need to pull £50m+ out of our arse in a week and it just won’t happen.
He’s 22. Honestly I can’t think of anyone who was absolutely nailing the position he plays at a similar age. He’s gonna be class and if we don’t get him he’ll end up at Chelsea or City and we’ll massively regret it. He could potentially be our main DM for a decade, and if keeps improving in the way he has done over the past couple of seasons then we’d be fools to pass that up.

Unread 24-08-2021, 11:52 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He’s 22. Honestly I can’t think of anyone who was absolutely nailing the position he plays at a similar age. He’s gonna be class and if we don’t get him he’ll end up at Chelsea or City and we’ll massively regret it. He could potentially be our main DM for a decade, and if keeps improving in the way he has done over the past couple of seasons then we’d be fools to pass that up.
Didn’t realise he was that young, tbf. Seems older. I’ve got no problem with us going for him. He’s clearly very highly regarded by pretty much everyone and I want us to get our targets. If he’s the one Ole wants, then I want us to get him.

Unread 24-08-2021, 07:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
He’s certainly giving credence to the idea that he needed more time.
Just stop it, all of you

Unread 25-08-2021, 01:54 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Anderson for about 3 weeks.

Unread 25-08-2021, 06:36 AM
shenwen

Quote:
True. Not sure who they’re actually trying to sell at this point though

Short of selling the ‘crown jewels’ there’s nobody there that could generate interest or a few quid. Which highlights how shit the squad is.

Martial, Lingard, James - should be able to raise 50m off those three and all three would be attractive to the right club.

Rice seems to be forcing for a move as well, although probably for Chelsea rather than us.
Closed Thread