United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-07-2021, 07:04 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial, Lingard, Amad, Pellistri, Elanga, Shoretire, Chong

Few wingers are the club

Pereira’s value just went up by a million.

Might get something for him now.
a million?

Unread 29-07-2021, 07:14 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
a million?

Unread 29-07-2021, 08:02 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Played some decent stuff at times and some cracking goals but obviously still pretty loose defensively

Hard to know what shape we’re heading into the season in until we get our first teamers back
Respect to you lot watching these friendlies.

Don't know how you got the heart for it but massive respect.

3 draws so far huh.

Unread 29-07-2021, 08:28 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

3 draws so far huh.

It's coming home. We've got our very own Southgate

Unread 29-07-2021, 09:22 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

3 draws so far huh.
No.

Have you really just said you don't care about friendlies then made a comment about the results as if it's an issue...?

Unread 29-07-2021, 09:27 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
No.

Have you really just said you don't care about friendlies then made a comment about the results as if it's an issue...?
He doesnt even watch the first team anymore No idea why hes still here.

Unread 29-07-2021, 10:05 AM
Whip Hubley

Exclamation

Quote:

3 draws so far huh.
Genuinely hope you're the worlds biggest WUM

Have you tried redcafe btw? I think they're probably more in line with your demographic

Unread 29-07-2021, 10:09 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Have you tried redcafe btw? I think they're probably more in line with your demographic
%@#$&! Scandinavians?

Unread 29-07-2021, 11:04 AM
Lok

I actually went last night. I knew it'd be the kids but its been ages since I've been able to go and it was great to be back. I didn't realise how much I'd missed it.

Not really anything you can take from the match as so few will be playing in any real games. Pereira showed he'll be a useful player for someone but it's never going to be for us. His goal was special, Scholes would have been proud.

Greenwood looked OK. I'd hoped to see more of Pellestri. Heaton is deluded if he thinks he'll be challenging for games.

Surprisingly fun night.

Unread 29-07-2021, 01:46 PM
sweetleftfoot

What an utter line up of cack that midfield was. Mata, Matic, Pereira, JLingz etc. What is he gaining from playing them knowing he would get rid tomorrow?

I know they will be nowhere near the starting line up when the international players come back, but the benefit in playing De Beek, Garner, Levitt, Pellestri etc is a lot more beneficial surely?

I can understand lads taking their kids and enjoying it, and yes the goals were decent, but by God I can't wait for the flush to go on some of this lot. It saps my life force when I realise they are still United players.

Unread 29-07-2021, 02:19 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
I know they will be nowhere near the starting line up when the international players come back...
I think you'll find that, with the current meagre options in midfield - both attacking and dm - we will probably be using all of them. we need to buy midfielders, not just wait for the return of the likes of fred, The Scottish Player and pobga....

Unread 29-07-2021, 07:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

3 draws so far huh.
A draw, a defeat and a win (reverse order)

Unread 29-07-2021, 08:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I think you'll find that, with the current meagre options in midfield - both attacking and dm - we will probably be using all of them. we need to buy midfielders, not just wait for the return of the likes of fred, The Scottish Player and pobga....
Lingard might play, but I’d wouldn’t bet any of the four will start against Leeds.

Unread 29-07-2021, 09:26 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Lingard might play, but I’d wouldn’t bet any of the four will start against Leeds.
nor would I, but I would bet they will all play at some point.

Unread 29-07-2021, 09:31 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
nor would I, but I would bet they will all play at some point.
Whether it’s them or not, I do think we’ll be seeing a diluted team for the first week or so. He’ll prioritise players who are match-fit and ready over players hastily brought back.

We saw what underprepped players look like against Palace last season

Keeper situation is a mess too. Heaton has done nothing but pick the ball out of his net and….erm….where the hell are our first team goalkeepers?

Unread 29-07-2021, 09:59 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Whether it’s them or not, I do think we’ll be seeing a diluted team for the first week or so. He’ll prioritise players who are match-fit and ready over players hastily brought back.

We saw what underprepped players look like against Palace last season

Keeper situation is a mess too. Heaton has done nothing but pick the ball out of his net and….erm….where the hell are our first team goalkeepers?
The keeper one is baffling. Surely Heaton is back. DDG didn't even play, surely he should be back. You'd think he'd come back early and make a claim for his place.

I think it's probably our biggest problem area now that the we've got Varane. Henderson isn't the solution and DDG's head has completely gone.

Unread 29-07-2021, 11:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
The keeper one is baffling. Surely Heaton is back. DDG didn't even play, surely he should be back. You'd think he'd come back early and make a claim for his place.

I think it's probably our biggest problem area now that the we've got Varane. Henderson isn't the solution and DDG's head has completely gone.
Well he won't be if he never gets on the pitch, that's for sure.

Unread 30-07-2021, 07:40 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Yeah, where the £#%&! is DDG? He didn’t even play. The last thing he did was miss a penalty after watching 11 sail past him. As you say, you’d think he’d be getting his arse in and making a claim, especially if Henderson is injured.

I’m doubtful Henderson is the answer either, but he deserves to answer the question. De Gea doesn’t. He’s had numerous chances and continues to let us down. It’s not form either. This has been happening since Ole has been here. He’s simply not as good as he was anymore. Needs a move and if we invest more faith in him at the expense of Henderson or a potential signing, then it’s on the management when he inevitably lets us down.

Unread 30-07-2021, 10:45 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
No.

Just observing boss. Not arsed about the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
It's coming home. We've got our very own Southgate
Closed Thread