Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 16-09-2021, 10:55 PM
armchair

Default ole in or out

either or

Unread 16-09-2021, 10:56 PM
Mr_Ed

Voted out but that is pending our inability to win £#%&! all this season. Which I think is a probability.

Unread 17-09-2021, 12:19 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Voted out but that is pending our inability to win £#%&! all this season. Which I think is a probability.
Same for me but the big issue is lack of viable and obvious good candidates.

Games like Tuesday night don't shape my thinking based on the result, but more the manner of it re the mind boggling approach to substitutions.

I acknowledge he has done a lot of good things during his tenure and deserves a lot of credit. I do feel he is our good luck Chuck though or the guy before the guy as someone else put it which would still be huge credit to him if that did turn out to be the case.

Unread 17-09-2021, 04:40 AM
saffers

I shouldnt be voting out this early in this season but I think we know whats coming so its better to do it now while the season is alive.

Ambitious clubs are ruthless. Are we an ambtitious club anymore?

Chelsea got so much flak for binning Lampard suddenly. All forgotten now.

Unread 17-09-2021, 06:03 AM
Dr Stranger

Right now, In.

We need a significant improvement in the performances issues and we need to win something though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I shouldnt be voting out this early in this season but I think we know whats coming so its better to do it now while the season is alive.

Chelsea got so much flak for binning Lampard suddenly. All forgotten now.
I don’t think we are ruthless. We weren’t even in our pomp. I don’t think we sack managers mid season unless they’ve lost the dressing room, it looks untenable (Jose) and the minimum objectives aren’t met (Moyes). And I don’t think we’ll get to that point this season. He’ll get the whole season barring a disaster, but if we haven’t clearly improved, then he’s in big trouble. Fail to get CL and he’ll be gone.

Unread 17-09-2021, 06:27 AM
wiganste

In

But this is a big season. Need a trophy and a proper title challenge

Unread 17-09-2021, 06:49 AM
AK14

In…

For now.

Unread 17-09-2021, 07:46 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Successful United managers have always been given time. Are we not Manchester United anymore?

Unread 17-09-2021, 07:47 AM
windy waffles

Give him until the end of the season.

If there are no trophies - bin.

Unread 17-09-2021, 08:00 AM
silv

He's got this season. And this season only.

No excuses, hes got the squad.

Unread 17-09-2021, 08:03 AM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up

In.

I've had wobbles, NQAT but Tuesday (when the virgins burst into life again) was not Ole's fault. Two world class £#%&! ups from two players that put us right in the shit, then ensured we lost caused that. Even with substitutes at different times or different positions - it's easy with hindsight isn't it? Anyway..... this United squad is THE most United type squad we've had since Fraggle. Ole's signings have been excellent (I'm not quite sure VDB was even 60% Ole tbh)

Maguire - had his moments but he's superb.
AWB - let's not bullshit ourselves, he's been a success. He has to improve in areas but he's been a lot more good than bad
Bruno - gets in any team in the world. If we sold him tomorrow, he'd choose to which team he went and they'd probably give him anything he wanted.
Cavani - wonderful.
Varane - You KNOW how good he is. Amazing that Ole has got him tbh.
Telles - he's literally turned Luke Shaw into the worlds best left back
Ronaldo - wow.
Amad - incredible talent
Dan James - Wasn't our worst player, just not good enough for that next step.
Sancho - will be a class signing.

Ole has definitely made mistakes. The biggest one being the substitutes in the Europa final. This was in a £#%&!ed up season when our best players were all out on their feet 8 games BEFORE the final and Ole didn't have the depth to juggle. But he's finished 2nd and had the better over Pep (Genuinely not arsed about us in a one off game against City anymore. Always do well.), Klopp (over a season), numerous Chelsea managers etc.

This is his first top job and I think if he'd have been backed properly and when he wanted. we wouldn't still be trophyless under him. It's frustrating tbh but I deffo see us being better under him (Moyes, LVG and Jose football) and we're looking more like United. Given time, if we can actually do what's right and spend on a top defensive midfielder, we'll win the league. But that's IF we get what we need. If we don't, no manager can win us the league. IN.

Unread 17-09-2021, 08:07 AM
Ronny

Under the current ownership Ole is the best option now and going forward, imo.
He has shown he can “manage” the players,owners and the fans quite well., but his shortcomings are clear.
He too loyal, as a principle. Showing faith in those who fail him or are not good enough.
He’s not that good a coach and refuses to get the relevant expertise in. He has to realise this is his only chance to manage Utd, he has no duty to keep McKenna and co in a job if it’s going to cost him his.
Bringing in Ronaldo means if we are seen to underachieve again this season the media frenzy and fan disappointment will be too great for the yanks to withstand.

Unread 17-09-2021, 08:08 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Under the current ownership Ole is the best option now and going forward, imo.
He has shown he can “manage” the players,owners and the fans quite well., but his shortcomings are clear.
He too loyal, as a principle. Showing faith in those who fail him or are not good enough.
He’s not that good a coach and refuses to get the relevant expertise in. He has to realise this is his only chance to manage Utd, he has no duty to keep McKenna and co in a job if it’s going to cost him his.
Bringing in Ronaldo means if we are seen to underachieve again this season the media frenzy and fan disappointment will be too great for the yanks to withstand.
Your comments following this sentence really dont back up your claim...

You're all over the place.

Unread 17-09-2021, 08:10 AM
puressence

in forever

Unread 17-09-2021, 08:14 AM
20LEgend1999

Not sure I get the comparison to Chelsea and Lampard. Lampard was sacked by Chelsea because they were 9th in January. The situations aren't really comparable.

If we were 9th in January last season, he'd have been gone. If we're 9th this season in January, he'll been gone.

I'd also say we've been pretty ruthless with the last few managers. Moyes gone after 10 months, Van Gaal sacked as he paraded the FA Cup in a Press Conference, Jose a few months after our best league finish in 5 years. If we want to be more ruthless than that, we'd have to change managers every year.

Chelsea have only sacked two managers mid-season in the period since Ferguson retired, and the other was when Mourinho was trying to get them relegated.

I don't buy that the club will accept top 4 without a title challenge and no trophy again this season. Hopefully we don't have to find out.

Unread 17-09-2021, 08:18 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
In.

I've had wobbles, NQAT but Tuesday (when the virgins burst into life again) was not Ole's fault. Two world class £#%&! ups from two players that put us right in the shit, then ensured we lost caused that. Even with substitutes at different times or different positions - it's easy with hindsight isn't it? Anyway..... this United squad is THE most United type squad we've had since Fraggle. Ole's signings have been excellent (I'm not quite sure VDB was even 60% Ole tbh)

AWB - let's not bullshit ourselves, he's been a success. He has to improve in areas but he's been a lot more good than bad
Bruno - gets in any team in the world. If we sold him tomorrow, he'd choose to which team he went and they'd probably give him anything he wanted.
Cavani - wonderful.
Ronaldo - wow.
Amad - incredible talent

Ole has definitely made mistakes. The biggest one being the substitutes in the Europa final. This was in a £#%&!ed up season when our best players were all out on their feet 8 games BEFORE the final and Ole didn't have the depth to juggle. But he's finished 2nd and had the better over Pep (Genuinely not arsed about us in a one off game against City anymore. Always do well.), Klopp (over a season), numerous Chelsea managers etc.

This is his first top job and I think if he'd have been backed properly and when he wanted. we wouldn't still be trophyless under him. It's frustrating tbh but I deffo see us being better under him (Moyes, LVG and Jose football) and we're looking more like United. Given time, if we can actually do what's right and spend on a top defensive midfielder, we'll win the league. But that's IF we get what we need. If we don't, no manager can win us the league. IN.
In football it’s generally easier to replace the manager than reassess the whole squad. You can’t blame the manager for AWB getting sent off but he chose the side and he made the substitutions.

After the shit show in the CL last season, he’d be on very thin ice at a top club.

In.. for now.

Unread 17-09-2021, 08:25 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
In football it’s generally easier to replace the manager than reassess the whole squad. You can’t blame the manager for AWB getting sent off but he chose the side and he made the substitutions.

After the shit show in the CL last season, he’d be on very thin ice at a top club.

In.. for now.
Likelihood is that he'd have been fired after not making it past the group stages tbf

Unread 17-09-2021, 08:32 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Ole's signings have been excellent (I'm not quite sure VDB was even 60% Ole tbh)
You see, that's just %@#$&!s magic. You can't cherry pick which are his and which you assume were forced upon him in order to give maximum credit to his signings to further your argument.

AWB at 50M is not a hit.

Telles and Van De Beek were complete wastes of money and you've also left Ighalo off.

Maguire has been a good signing.

Bruno - elite

Cavani - smart

Dan James - flop

Ronaldo, Varane, Sancho - blind willy could have identified those 3

Anyway, I think in the transfer market we've improved a lot - ties in with the cultural reboot the club apparently wanted to embark on post Mourinho.

The issue is more around his coaching abilities to get the maximum out of this squad, or perhaps even make it greater than the sum of its parts. (can you honestly even imagine that?) You get the feeling Ole would need a world class player in every position to win the league, or take it to the wire,

Unread 17-09-2021, 08:34 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Likelihood is that he'd have been fired after not making it past the group stages tbf
You’re probably right.
- The game management with Fred on a yellow against PSG.
- Playing Istanbul offside in their own half.
- The shit show against Leipzig.

Unread 17-09-2021, 08:50 AM
believe

Quote:
In.

Cavani - wonderful.
Ronaldo - wow.
Amad - incredible talent

What a load of shit you’ve listed half a billion pounds worth of transfers then say if he’d been backed when he wanted

Love this new stance of how he’ll be leaving us in such a good position too. Nobody likes the keeper and the back up options are useless. We definitely need an upgrade at right back, we’ve no midfield, even more so once Pogba leaves and we’ve got two forwards we’re relying on at the end of their careers. One who can’t seem to stay fit for more than a month

I imagine protests against the owners aren’t too far round the corner.
Closed Thread