United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I wonder what vegetable The Sun will have him down as after his first home draw to Argentina or Brazil.
pfft

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Far away the best English choice. Got an International pedigree and not a little Englander. Thoughtful and intelligent, well done the FA for resisting the pushing of 'Arry who is the opposite.
He has pedigree, but not at the same level of his soon-to-be charges. Do you think that arrogant tossers will care that Hodgson managed Switzerland twenty years ago? They didn't even respect Capello. This will be a disaster and a decent man will be destroyed by the media when he fails - as he will do. At least with 'Arry there would have been some decent football. England aren't going to win anything, if we're going to lose let's lose in style.

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
WIP surely?
bwilliant

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:19 PM
skcollob

He'll probably £#%&! it off when the FA tell him the players he must pick for the squad and the players that must get a start in every match, after all they've got their sponsors, marketing and merchandising to think of.

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Mr_Ed

I bet Arry's twitch tastic tonight. I'm sure he thought he was a home banker.

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:24 PM
BarryX

Thumbs down

The FA in let's choose the option whose club we won't have to pay compensation to, shocker. Hodgson's not a bad choice, but the people wanted 'Arry and they should have got him IMHO.

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:27 PM
saffers

Great appointment, top manager and top guy(met him many times).

Lok, at his age he hasn't got much to lose. He'd be mad to turn it down. England are gonna have a national team to be proud of again

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:31 PM
thatsfuctit

England starting XI for the Euwos. Wobinson, Bwidge, Wio, Tewwy, Walker, Bawwy, Cawwick, Gewward, Wooney, Cwouch, Stuwwidge

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:33 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
England starting XI for the Euwos. Wobinson, Bwidge, Wio, Tewwy, Walker, Bawwy, Cawwick, Gewward, Wooney, Cwouch, Stuwwidge
what about wellbeck.....

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Tiberian

A few weeks ago one of the Custis brothers was on Sky Sports News early in the morning doing their paper round up, and when pressed over why Redknapp was the best choice it came down to how he made the press job easier by giving them good quotes.

Liverpool fans hate Hodgson because there was no hostility towards Fergie and Utd. Liverpool were not a football club under Gillette and Hicks(whatever than means) but Hodgson gets no sympathy for that.

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:35 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
what about wellbeck.....
very well welease wellbeck

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:37 PM
HarkNowHear

I wonder if anybody laid Arry on the exchanges.

I wonder if any big bets were taken.

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

I've got to say, it would be pretty funny if Roy did a Hoddle/Gascoigne on Gerrard like the '98 World Cup.

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:42 PM
roon78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
what about wellbeck.....
or even Welbeck?

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:44 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Far away the best English choice. Got an International pedigree and not a little Englander. Thoughtful and intelligent, well done the FA for resisting the pushing of 'Arry who is the opposite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
He has pedigree, but not at the same level of his soon-to-be charges. Do you think that arrogant tossers will care that Hodgson managed Switzerland twenty years ago? They didn't even respect Capello. This will be a disaster and a decent man will be destroyed by the media when he fails - as he will do. At least with 'Arry there would have been some decent football. England aren't going to win anything, if we're going to lose let's lose in style.
He's managed across Europe and has the same players available as 'Arry would have. Up and at 'em doesn't work that well at International Level.

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Zorg

Great appointment, it's just a shame the press will be ripping him to pieces in a few weeks.

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Neo

Very good manager.

The way he was forced out of the Liverpool job is another example of how clueless the verminous bin-dipping @#%&!s are.

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
He's managed across Europe and has the same players available as 'Arry would have. Up and at 'em doesn't work that well at International Level.
I'm sorry, but I've never seen a Hodgson side that played more attractive football than one of 'Arry's sides. Hodgson is about his teams keeping a strict shape and making games tight. I'm no fan of 'Arry, but at least the football would have been better.

I'm not anti-Hodgson. Good luck to him. I just fear this is a bad appointment and will only result in Roy having his face merged with a Brussels Sprout and becoming a new internet meme.

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:54 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
I'm sorry, but I've never seen a Hodgson side that played more attractive football than one of 'Arry's sides. Hodgson is about his teams keeping a strict shape and making games tight. I'm no fan of 'Arry, but at least the football would have been better.

I'm not anti-Hodgson. Good luck to him. I just fear this is a bad appointment and will only result in Roy having his face merged with a Brussels Sprout and becoming a new internet meme.
What would Arry have done naturalize Modric, VdV, Adebayor and Bale?

Unread 29-04-2012, 09:55 PM
taff

knock 'em fackin' dead royston
Closed Thread