Unread 31-05-2011, 09:14 AM
elephantstone

Default Re: Official: Paul Scholes Retires

One of the greatest.

Farewell xxx

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Whip Hubley

A legend in the very purest sense of the word. No off pitch shenanigans, no hogging the limelight, just an absolutely astounding and professional, dedicated footballer. The game has just lost one of the true greats.

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Coracao

Will be interesting to see what role Ferie has in mind for him.

Reserves? Young kids? Scouting?

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Withers

From twitter-

theinsider9 Darren Can
Andres Iniesta apparently asked Scholes whether he'd join him at Barcelona for a year and that he should keep going for one more season

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Will be interesting to see what role Ferie has in mind for him.

Reserves? Young kids? Scouting?
Passing coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
From twitter-

theinsider9 Darren Can
Andres Iniesta apparently asked Scholes whether he'd join him at Barcelona for a year and that he should keep going for one more season
Great we'll lose to Barca again and Scholesy will score the winner.

£#%&!ing great.

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Passing coach.

Great we'll lose to Barca again and Scholesy will score the winner.

£#%&!ing great.
Maybe-

theinsider9 Darren Can
Apparently Scholes didn't answer the question. He just smiled and said thanks. Doubt he'd like to leave Oldham. Hero.

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:26 AM
The Watcher

Exclamation Re: Official: Paul Scholes Retires

Absolutely gutted he’s packing it in, it won’t feel the same watching United without him. Without question, one of the very best to have ever worn the shirt and easily the finest player this country has produced in the last forty years. Scholes pretty much epitomizes everything I love about football and way I think it should be played. I feel privileged that I was lucky enough to watch him every week for most of his career.

Glad he’s staying at the club.

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Lok

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Coracao

Xavi -

‘In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything.

‘He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.’

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Xavi -

‘In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything.

‘He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.’
Never a truer word spoken. England have never realised what they had with him till he £#%&!ed them off.

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:32 AM
BarryX

Thumbs up Re: Official: Paul Scholes Retires

A future manager of Utd, (with Gary Nev as his assistant doing the interviews) No question about that

End of an era, but is still, and will always be, one of us.

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Coracao

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Zorg

Thumbs up Re: Official: Paul Scholes Retires

I could say some very negative things about England and the awful attitude towards players like him which led to him being so undervalued. But I'd rather focus on the positive.

An absolute genius of a player, something very, very special that only comes along every so often. On and off the pitch exactly how a footballer should be. It's been a privilege watching him for so long, I thought he could have maybe done another year but fair play to him, he's bowing out as a title winner.

Gutted really. Thanks for the memories Scholesey.

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Favourite ever United player.

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:38 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

The greatest

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:39 AM
The taste of...

If your staying at the club then why not train every day Ginger Prince just to stay in good health?

....and why not let SAF leave your name on the squad list as erm ...a tribute

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:42 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
The greatest
seconded

i am truly gutted

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:45 AM
red @rmy

A true legend, will be missed.

No agent, no mither, just wanted to play.
Thanks for the memories.

Unread 31-05-2011, 09:46 AM
JakeB

Sad day, but it's been coming. Only Giggsy left now

Truly special player, the best English player I've ever seen. Happy I've been a United fan during a period where players like him and Giggs have brought us so much success and unforgettable moments.

Closed Thread