United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Michael Owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
came on and saved us against arsenal away a few years back.

played the return pass to help smith score that goal when we beat arsenal and stopped the 50 unbeaten.

the point of the matter is, we had a striker who could get goals and was of a good standard (I.e could start games at other clubs)

owen isn't good enough to start games for any teams in the premiership ffs.
No the point is you are a thick @#%&! who thinks Saha has summat to do with the place where Jesus was crucified and that we needed to sign a striker to replace Owen in the summer. You are an idiot.

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:21 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
you just don't see him scoring.

top away game and we are struggling...i have no faith in owen coming on and changing things.

he came on yesterday and erm...did he come on??

this was always going to happen when fergie failed the squad and didn't sign a goalscorer to replace owen.
rooney as good as he is,is our most consistent goal scorer,that's the worrying thing as rooney isn't a 'goalscorer'

our lack of a goal scorer will haunt us if time is not taken.
when was the last time any of our strikers scored a goal??
Failed the squad.

So go on then who would you of bought with the Ronaldo money?

Fergie is spot on regarding "market value" when average players are going for double what they would normally, then it's time to step back and get realistic.

Midfielders have scored goals this season, and generally left side is our biggest worry but with Nani we have a player who can be our solution but he's not given the correct chance.

Up front we lack something else, but Berba and Rooney when they play generally play well but dont play often enough.

Don't get me started with Saha, YES he was a good player but if you look back on his last 6 months with United he became lazy and it was time to move on.

Never once did he save United tho, he had the odd good game but his fitness was eventually his downfall, i honestly dont think he's was mentally tough for United.

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:
came on and saved us against arsenal away a few years back.

played the return pass to help smith score that goal when we beat arsenal and stopped the 50 unbeaten.

the point of the matter is, we had a striker who could get goals and was of a good standard (I.e could start games at other clubs)

owen isn't good enough to start games for any teams in the premiership ffs.
even david may had his moments. £#%&!in hell, even bellion scored the odd goal that mattered*

you're an embarrassment

*that may be a fib

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Failed the squad.

Fergie is spot on regarding "market value" when average players are going for double what they would normally, then it's time to step back and get realistic.

Midfielders have scored goals this season, and generally left side is our biggest worry but with Nani we have a player who can be our solution but he's not given the correct chance.

Up front we lack something else, but Berba and Rooney when they play generally play well but dont play often enough.
carlton Cole apparantly. He's nearly as good as Darren Bent dontcha know.

SilverSurfer

Owen certainly does make you realise how blessed we've been with our homegrown players from the 90s. Even though they're not what they were, there's no doubt they could all play.

I wasn't expecting much of Owen as a footballer but prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt as I never watched scouse or newcastle games as closely. But I've been shocked at how often he badly strikes the ball.

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:23 AM
El Chalten

Owen was worth the buy for that city goal alone.

nft.

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
Owen was worth the buy for that city goal alone.

nft.
Best £0 we've ever not spent.

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:25 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
carlton Cole apparantly. He's nearly as good as Darren Bent dontcha know.
COOL!!

I know one thing, Valencia would of not been bought with the Ronaldo money according to Marls,

Been a really good signing for us has Valencia and only going to get better.

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
COOL!!

I know one thing, Valencia would of not been bought with the Ronaldo money according to Marls,
Well he won't accept that valencia is actually playing well for United.

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:
Best £0 we've ever not spent.
and he's on a pay as you play

i think wellbeck is a superb prospect, and if macheda lives up to half his potential he'll be superb, but neither of them would've scored that goal against citeh. owen will get 12-15 goals this season. some of them important, others not. so when you put it like that we did a like-for-like swap; tevez for owen. and saved £25m in the process

and after seeing him at citeh, reading his rediculous comments, and generally seeing his arse i know who'd i rather have

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Sloane

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:34 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Which is odd because he's black.

Maybe he doesn't like Ecuador?

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Sparky***

Can't really blame Fergie anymore re:the transfers. He can't spend what he doesn't have.

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:39 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking Revenge
and he's on a pay as you play

i think wellbeck is a superb prospect, and if macheda lives up to half his potential he'll be superb, but neither of them would've scored that goal against citeh. owen will get 12-15 goals this season. some of them important, others not. so when you put it like that we did a like-for-like swap; tevez for owen. and saved £25m in the process

and after seeing him at citeh, reading his rediculous comments, and generally seeing his arse i know who'd i rather have
Me 2, Tevez his workrate made others around him look good and he changed games when he came on (Spurs at home) but the money was overpriced, plus the fact his attitude has gone to shit now i'm glad we never got him.

Maybe Owen should forget about that goal vs City, because realistically he needed to hit the ground running and hasn't done so, in actual fact he aint done much running at all.

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:41 AM
marlo

Quote:
Failed the squad.

Don't get me started with Saha, YES he was a good player but if you look back on his last 6 months with United he became lazy and it was time to move on.

Never once did he save United tho, he had the odd good game but his fitness was eventually his downfall, i honestly dont think he's was mentally tough for United.

fergie talking about value 12 months after signing berbatov for £30m is abit like joel glazer saying the future of english football looks bleak with american owners like hicks/gillett mounting debt on a club.

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:43 AM
marlo

Quote:
i see the bigger picture and we can afford to have such one dimension uninventive wingers in the team.

we need someone who has some skill, guile and purpose about his attacking. not a 'two option tony*'

*1.pass to the overlapping fullback
*2.chase the ball to the touchline and swing a cross in

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
i see the bigger picture and we can afford to have such one dimension uninventive wingers in the team.

we need someone who has some skill, guile and purpose about his attacking. not a 'two option tony*'

You don't though, 'cos you are thick.

That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
fergie talking about value 12 months after signing berbatov for £30m is abit like abramovich joel glazer saying the future of english looks bleak with american owners like hicks/gillett mounting debt on a club.
Fergie has ALWAYS said if he likes the look of a player and believes he will improve our team then he will pay extra for that player.

But Berba for £30million was realistic, the guy has scored goals in PL for Spurs and scored goals elsewhere in his career and his national team. He plays a different role for United and can score goals out of nothing.

When you have AVERAGE players like Keane going for £20m, the £30 we payed for him dont look bad, Spurs have always been bastards to deal with. The market is £#%&!ed, Tevez went for silly money, Lescott aswell, Berba for £30mil has been £5mil overpriced, nothing more nothing less.

But who would you of bought with the Ronaldo money?

Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:

what's all this we stuff. you 'support' united about as much as i support the new york knicks

Unread 26-11-2009, 11:48 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:

In our bigger games this season, Valencia has been our best player against Liverpool he caused them problems and Chelsea he was excellent.

Scored 4 goals for us, which is 4 more than people thought he'd get, he's been a excellent signing for us, and when paired with the correct right back he is really effective.
Closed Thread