United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-12-2006, 01:02 PM
El Calafate

Thumbs down Bayern Munich refuse to budge over Hargreaves

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slu...=afp&type=lgns

MUNICH, Germany (AFP) - Bayern Munich said they will not bow to persistent pleas by England midfielder Owen Hargreaves, who wants to leave the German champions for Manchester United.

The 25-year-old Canadian-born Hargreaves pleaded in The Times of London Wednesday to be allowed to leave for Old Trafford so that he could be near his Bolton-based family.

However Bayern, who have already stood firm on the issue, appear unruffled.

"Our stance is the same - nothing will happen in the winter break," general manager Uli Hoeness said Thursday in bi-weekly magazine Kicker.

Manchester United tried to sign Hargreaves earlier this season but Bayern rebuffed the approach, pointing out that the midfielder had recently signed a contract extension until June 2010.

Hargreaves has tried to put pressure on Bayern to let him go in the January transfer window but the German champions are refusing to budge.

Hargreaves has not played since September 16 when he broke his leg in Bayern's 2-1 defeat to Arminia Bielefeld.

The leg has yet to heal properly and the 2001 Champions League winner admits he will have to wait until next year before resuming first team action.

nft.

Unread 14-12-2006, 01:07 PM
TheNew

Let's get the £#%&! over this one. The guy isn't coming.

I'm still not convinced he's that good anyway.

If we are putting all our eggs in one basket again, I am going to be incredibly pissed off with the management.

Unread 14-12-2006, 01:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

If anyone mentions getting that useless @#%&! Reo-Coker instead I'm gonna set this forum on fire!

Unread 14-12-2006, 01:18 PM
carlosartorial

All this posturing over a player who is not available.

Why would we do that?

Unread 14-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Rhodzy

were not interested in manuel fernandes too
maybe we get the guy that doesnt exist

Unread 14-12-2006, 01:41 PM
jem

Default knowing our luck

we'll sign someone in the window and he'll immediately be exposed as the suffolk-ator.

Unread 14-12-2006, 01:43 PM
wiganste

If Hargreaves is so desperate for a move to England, why the chuffing hell did he sign an extension to his contract which keeps him at Munich until 2010?

Unread 14-12-2006, 01:55 PM
armchair

Bayern would be stupid not to accept the stupid money United will offer.

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:00 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
sounds like a contradiction to me. nft.

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
It would appear this 'potential' deal has little to do with money. Munich are more concerned about their pride and how they appear to the rest of Europe. Way it's going they're turning into a selling club. As well as a club who, domestically at least, are struggling to do what they used to - pinching other clubs star players on the cheap. Both VDV and Borowski have recently turned them down.

We'd be better off looking elsewhere. Fernandes for example (I know Utd aren't) but this saga is nothing more than a waste of time.

There's also some good young talent in the German league worth a look. Boetang at Hertha Berlin is one to watch.

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
If Hargreaves is so desperate for a move to England, why the chuffing hell did he sign an extension to his contract which keeps him at Munich until 2010?
Everyone in England thought he was £#%&!ing shite when he signed it.

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:01 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
could it be because we never expressed an interest at the appropriate time and he wanted to safeguard his future in the absence of any serious alternative?

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:02 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
could it be because we never expressed an interest at the appropriate time and he wanted to safeguard his future in the absence of any serious alternative?
10 points for Jem. next question! nft.

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:04 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
10 points for Jem. next question! nft.
Then it's 15 points for Bedders because his was far more accurate.

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:04 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
sounds like a contradiction to me. nft.
hard night last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
It would appear this 'potential' deal has little to do with money. Munich are more concerned about their pride and how they appear to the rest of Europe. Way it's going they're turning into a selling club. As well as a club who, domestically at least, are struggling to do what they used to - pinching other clubs star players on the cheap. Both VDV and Borowski have recently turned them down.

We'd be better off looking elsewhere. Fernandes for example (I know Utd aren't) but this saga is nothing more than a waste of time.

There's also some good young talent in the German league worth a look. Boetang at Hertha Berlin is one to watch.
Good point re money/image.

I thought Carlos was a fan of Fernandes and Harry likes a deal.

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Whalefish

CQ, Ronaldo and Fergie apparently. Makes you wonder why we'e not bothered about him. Shame really.

I suspect we'll 'hold fire' on a midfield signing until the Summer when we'll try again for Hargreaves and fail. Pity really we need a midfielder in January. I don't think I can bear seeing O'Shit coming on again for another 20minute spell to 'close the game out'.

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

What about ReoCoker? Seriously. heh heh

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:08 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
What about ReoCoker? Seriously. heh heh
Is it just me or does anyone else smell burning?

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Uztyeknom

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
If anyone mentions getting that useless @#%&! Reo-Coker instead I'm gonna set this forum on fire!
get your matches out then

'useless @#%&!' my £#%&!ing arse

love it if he signs for us soon

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:21 PM
jem

Default fuzzy and armchair

you haven't really got the hang of this invisible writing thing yet, have you? see if you can work it out from this. :0)
Closed Thread