United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:00 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Hargreaves to have Bayern Talks

Quote:
Owen Hargreaves is expecting to have talks with Bayern Munich soon about his future.

The England international has his heart set on a switch to Manchester United after seeing Bayern reject a couple of offers from United last summer.

Bayern are reluctant to lose the defensive midfielder, but United are expected to make a fresh attempt to lure him to Old Trafford at the end of the season.

Hargreaves is hoping to thrash out his future at Bayern soon and he is still determined to win a move to United despite being told to snub their overtures.

"Wherever I go, I keep bumping into people telling me not to go to United," Hargreaves told The Sun.

"I was at a training camp in Dubai and had people saying 'Go to Liverpool, not United' or whichever team they like it's up in the air.

"At Bayern, I've had people say 'You play here, you stay here'.

"Those who run the club have had a few words with me about joining United.

"I haven't discussed it with Ottmar Hitzfeld because we've been involved in a lot of games and he has only recently come back to take charge of the club.

"I'm sure there will be some conversations, though. I'm expecting it.

"But people have to realise most of my family come from the north west, around the Bolton area.

"I'm also the only England player who has never played in the Premiership. It's what I want to do."
Is it just me that really does not want to waste all our money on this lad, i mean yes he has had a good worldcup but compaired to the other peformances anybody could have looked good.

Only good point is that he really wants to play for us which is a rearity in football nowadays.

Still would rather go for Diarra, Makoun or another player who seems to be better quality.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:02 AM
toseeunited

i'd always prefer to get a quality english player in than a foreigner who will take a season to adapt...

this is my concern about players like torres, shit hot in spain, but can he cut it in the premiership!?

hargreaves has shown he can play the english way, as well as breaking things up for bayern in europe.

Fuzzy Dunlop

'Go to Liverpool, not United'

£#%&! off.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Is it just me that really does not want to waste all our money on this lad, i mean yes he has had a good worldcup but compaired to the other peformances anybody could have looked good.

Only good point is that he really wants to play for us which is a rearity in football nowadays.

Still would rather go for Diarra, Makoun or another player who seems to be better quality.
Diarra aint leaving Madrid and Makoun isn't as good and isn't what we need, so yes we should sign him. He's quick gets about the pitch has a great engine, puts his foot in, is a good passer and takes corners and free-kicks. He's also desperate to play for us and likely wouldn't take long to settle in, what more do you want?

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:05 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
i'd always prefer to get a quality english player in than a foreigner who will take a season to adapt...
this is my concern about players like torres, shit hot in spain, but can he cut it in the premiership!?

hargreaves has shown he can play the english way, as well as breaking things up for bayern in europe.
He is as English as I am Canadian.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
True but he speaks English, plays for England and the German league is as close to the English in style as any. I suspect he'd settle in immediately.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:08 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:

International Pace to totally different to English league pace though, and i dont think he's good enough to step up to the plate.

Would like him to prove me wrong tho, and seems like a nice guy.

The thing about Torres is he's a big strong guy, skillful and knows where the goal is, i think he would be a class signing in the premiership and the partnership with Rooney looks very promising

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:08 AM
S/Side.Red

I think Carrick has proved an excellent shield infront of the defence, so I really don't think we need to spend big on a defensive midfielder like Hargreaves.

The Scholes-Carrick partnership has been superb, so I think the next major midfield arrival should be Scholes' replacement in a year or two.

Until then I'd be happy with a Makoun or someone just to add a bit of depth. I really don't think we need Hargreaves badly enough to spend 20m-odd on him.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:09 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
True but he speaks English, plays for England and the German league is as close to the English in style as any. I suspect he'd settle in immediately.
Why Ballack not settled in?

Pace is completely different, saying that tho Ballack signed for the wrong club, they dont play to his advantage.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:09 AM
puressence

owen hargreaves will be magic for us ..and what a refreshing change for someone desparte to come

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:10 AM
toseeunited

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
haha nice one mate!!

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think Carrick has proved an excellent shield infront of the defence, so I really don't think we need to spend big on a defensive midfielder like Hargreaves.

Hargreaves doesn't play the same role as Carrick, he's quicker and gats all over the park. He's closer to Essien than Diarra or Makoun. We need a player like him in the big games, we'd have beaten Chelsea with him in my opinion.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:13 AM
puressence

Quote:
Hargreaves doesn't play the same role as Carrick, he's quicker and gats all over the park. He's closer to Essien than Diarra or Makoun. We need a player like him in the big games, we'd have beaten Chelsea with him in my opinion.
spot on bedders ...

ps was thinking about you on saturday about 7pm ..bet you were buzzing

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Well then get over there and lamp any £#%&!er who tells him not to join!

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Why Ballack not settled in?

Pace is completely different, saying that tho Ballack signed for the wrong club, they dont play to his advantage.
There you go, Ballack is playing in a team where fat F£#%&! plays his position. Also get the impression Ballacks just here for the cash. Fact is Hargreaves is the player best suited to the way we play and will be a fantastic signing.

El Calafate

if we get Hargreaves, our team will almost be complete. he's just what we need. nft.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
spot on bedders ...

ps was thinking about you on saturday about 7pm ..bet you were buzzing
Mixture of buzzing and stumbling.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:15 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
International Pace to totally different to English league pace though, and i dont think he's good enough to step up to the plate.

Would like him to prove me wrong tho, and seems like a nice guy.

The thing about Torres is he's a big strong guy, skillful and knows where the goal is, i think he would be a class signing in the premiership and the partnership with Rooney looks very promising
i agree about the international thing, but i meant that he is used to playing in an english style...

re torres, big strong guy, skillful and knows where the goal is... for a moment i thought you were talking about morientes there...

now i know he played for the dippers and they're shit, but he never made his mark, yet in any other league in the workd he will score a hatfull as he did at monaco and is doing back in spain with valencia!!

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:17 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I don't particularly think he would have made much of a difference against Chelsea.

I tend to think we would have beaten Chelsea if we had a little more quality on the bench, not the starting eleven. We played them off the pitch in the first half and only as the game got to the hour mark or so did they take over.

Our first eleven is the best in the league. I see no reason to change it. What we need is a better quality of players to come off the bench and give us a lift or bigger attacking threat when we need it in the second half.

I'd rather see 20m spent on two good squad players than on Hargreaves.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:18 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
i agree about the international thing, but i meant that he is used to playing in an english style...

re torres, big strong guy, skillful and knows where the goal is... for a moment i thought you were talking about morientes there...

now i know he played for the dippers and they're shit, but he never made his mark, yet in any other league in the workd he will score a hatfull as he did at monaco and is doing back in spain with valencia!!
Morientes is a class player, Madrid defenatly got rid of the wrong player when they sold him should have flogged Raul instead. The thing is Valencia play fast, attacking football and that suits the way he plays.

Liverpool play 2 defensive midfielders away to Villa and are happy for a draw.
Closed Thread