United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:21 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbh I tend to agree with you that usually players who brief are the ones who aren't playing or want excuses for not playing well.

It's just that right now that covers almost the whole squad. More so than it did two years ago funny enough.
Shaw, martial, pogba. And any players with associated agents. And if it’s an organised effort to get rid, rashford as the nuclear bomb. Would be a dangerous game if it’s rashford unless he’s set on leaving if mourinho stays.

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:26 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Shaw, martial, pogba. And any players with associated agents. And if it’s an organised effort to get rid, rashford as the nuclear bomb. Would be a dangerous game if it’s rashford unless he’s set on leaving if mourinho stays.
My money would be on the 2 French @#%&!s. Bin one, slap the other one round the head & remind him that he claims he is a Mancunian. Don’t think Shaw has the Bollox or brains to actively plot against Jose.

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:40 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
My money would be on the 2 French @#%&!s. Bin one, slap the other one round the head & remind him that he claims he is a Mancunian. Don’t think Shaw has the Bollox or brains to actively plot against Jose.
No, but shaw’s agent or brother have supposedly leaked things in the past.

Pogba and martial almost guaranteed. Assuming things are as bad as some think. Couldn’t give a £#%&! what any of them have to say, the poor lambs.

Pogba is more skilled in marketing than he is at football.

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
If Big Rom has now turned on Mou then you could have a powerful young clique in the dressing room all gunning for him

You look for Mou loyalists, are there any? Anyone he hasn't slagged to save his own skin? He needs a favour, who calms the storm?

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:51 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
If Big Rom has now turned on Mou then you could have a powerful young clique in the dressing room all gunning for him

You look for Mou loyalists, are there any? Anyone he hasn't slagged to save his own skin? He needs a favour, who calms the storm?
I don’t even know who the influential characters are in the dressing room. There’s plenty he hasn’t slagged, unless they identify themselves with the general criticism.

Why the £#%&! would Lukaku turn? Lukaku, carrick, young, matic to name 4 as loyalists, though I don’t think such things exist in professional football. Fellaini too if mourinho is actually supporting him. Which would be one reason mourinho could be supporting him to get a new contract. The dissenters will be shit @#%&!s like jones, smalling, shaw, martial. Valencia could go either way as he is obviously under threat of replacement.

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Lukaku, carrick, young, matic to name 4 as loyalists
He's just chucked a major subby at Lukaku. Calling a player out for shitting out of playing is a huge risk; the ultimate insult to any pro.

Carrick is a coach now and Matic downed tools on him at Chelsea.

I reckon the young lads probably run the dressing room these days.

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:59 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I don’t even know who the influential characters are in the dressing room. There’s plenty he hasn’t slagged, unless they identify themselves with the general criticism.

Why the £#%&! would Lukaku turn? Lukaku, carrick, young, matic to name 4 as loyalists, though I don’t think such things exist in professional football. Fellaini too if mourinho is actually supporting him. Which would be one reason mourinho could be supporting him to get a new contract. The dissenters will be shit @#%&!s like jones, smalling, shaw, martial. Valencia could go either way as he is obviously under threat of replacement.
Hasn't he just called Lukaku out for ruling himself out of the game? Through no fault of his (Mourinho's) own, naturally.

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:03 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Hasn't he just called Lukaku out for ruling himself out of the game? Through no fault of his (Mourinho's) own, naturally.
And?

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:04 PM
andyroo

Quote:
And?
You think Lukaku would just brush that off then? I mean he should, but...

I suppose that's what you'd do etc

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:05 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
He's just chucked a major subby at Lukaku. Calling a player out for shitting out of playing is a huge risk; the ultimate insult to any pro.

Carrick is a coach now and Matic downed tools on him at Chelsea.
Makes sense that he’d sign him again then. I’d say Carrick is a coach precisely because he’s influential in the dressing room.

Quote:
You think Lukaku would just brush that off then? I mean he should, but...

I suppose that's what you'd do etc
He may be upset by it but I think it takes more than that for Lukaku to turn given his relationship with the manager. I also think mourinho knows how to handle Lukaku.

And what’s the big deal about me saying how I’d have reacted at that age?

Though for the record, I’d probably call out united fans for being spoilt, self entitled £#%&!ers.

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:08 PM
ScarFace

Not really read this thread......anybody brought up that we'd do better with Fred West as our £#%&!ing corner & free kick taker than Trashford !

Every game he's £#%&! at it. Have we really nobody better?

Surely Young is a better option

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:09 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I also think mourinho knows how to handle Lukaku.
Feck him off on loan to West Brom then sell him to Everton?

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Not really read this thread......anybody brought up that we'd do better with Fred West as our £#%&!ing corner & free kick taker than Trashford !

Every game he's £#%&! at it. Have we really nobody better?

Surely Young is a better option
Has to be the most baffling aspect of our play. Literally the only player in the squad who can take a good inswinging cross and we don't have him on corners or free kicks. Scored an absolute beauty at Watford and never took one again.

We have a team full of 6ft plus players and no idea how to utilise their most basic physical advantages.

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:13 PM
Tiberian

Why would we look at the likes of Smalling and Jones as instigators of this type of thing (other than them as usual having to be at fault for absolutely everything) Do we really see these 2 as being powerful influences in the dressing room, or it is simply because they are holdovers from the Fergie years?

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:14 PM
andyroo

Sánchez has taken a lot of our corners and Pogba the free kicks. Without much improvement on Rashford's.

And that is the sort of thing that can be trained, that you would expect to see some sort of improvement on with practice. Which really does make you wonder, what the living £#%&! are we actually up to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Why would we look at the likes of Smalling and Jones as instigators of this type of thing (other than them as usual having to be at fault for absolutely everything) Do we really see these 2 as being powerful influences in the dressing room, or it is simply because they are holdovers from the Fergie years?
Running out of anyone else to blame. First it was Ferdinand, then Rooney, then Carrick...

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:20 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

Running out of anyone else to blame. First it was Ferdinand, then Rooney, then Carrick...
Yes, some talk as if this is the same group of players who started briefing on Moyes then LVG, when there has been massive change in the playing staff.

Logic would suggest that those complaining about Mou would have something to gain by him leaving, Young, Valencia, Smalling and Jones could all be kicked out the door by a new manager but are valued by Mou.

Either way, looks as if we are right on track for the usual Mourinho endgame.

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Sánchez has taken a lot of our corners and Pogba the free kicks. Without much improvement on Rashford's.

And that is the sort of thing that can be trained, that you would expect to see some sort of improvement on with practice. Which really does make you wonder, what the living £#%&! are we actually up to?
They had to drag beckham off the training pitch every day because he'd stay late and spend hours taking free kicks. An example the youngsters had picked up from Cantona after seeing him staying behind to perfect his craft late after training.

Do you really think any of these bunch of mentally deficient dabbing arseholes are going to spend one minute more on the training pitch than they have to? No chance. Who have they had to set that kind of an example since they got here?

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:36 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Feck him off on loan to West Brom then sell him to Everton?
You appear to care more about it than Lukaku.

Quote:
Young, Valencia, carrick, Jones, smalling will be considered the senior players.

Quote:
Logic would suggest that those complaining about Mou would have something to gain by him leaving, Young, Valencia, Smalling and Jones could all be kicked out the door by a new manager but are valued by Mou.
Could swear he’s been talking about buying a new defence.

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:49 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Young, Valencia, carrick, Jones, smalling will be considered the senior players.

Could swear he’s been talking about buying a new defence.
Young has seen his career revitalized under Mourinho to the extent that he might go to the WC as a starter, Smalling has re-established himself as a first choice at Utd, Carrick is such a trouble maker that he is staying on as a coach. Jones is in and out of the team even when fit, is fighting for his career as much as holding on to a place at Utd

Those guys would appear to be followers not leaders looking in, might be wrong of course, but De Gea, Matic, Lukaku, Sanchez, Pogba, I would look at them as stronger personalities within the group with more influence given their status within the game.

Unread 21-05-2018, 12:17 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Young has seen his career revitalized under Mourinho to the extent that he might go to the WC as a starter, Smalling has re-established himself as a first choice at Utd, Carrick is such a trouble maker that he is staying on as a coach. Jones is in and out of the team even when fit, is fighting for his career as much as holding on to a place at Utd

Those guys would appear to be followers not leaders looking in, might be wrong of course, but De Gea, Matic, Lukaku, Sanchez, Pogba, I would look at them as stronger personalities within the group with more influence given their status within the game.
I didn’t say they’d be trouble makers. I said they’d be considered senior players and have some influence in the dressing room. I’d expect young and carrick to be on mourinho’s side of any argument. I’d also expect matic, Lukaku and Sanchez to be pro mourinho in any split. Jones, smalling, shaw, Pogba, martial not so much. Valencia and the Spanish contingent could go either way.

I don’t think there’s enough big personalities against mourinho for any potential trouble makers to tip the dressing room balance in their favour.