United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 22-05-2020, 01:21 PM
boreez

Invasion U.S.A.

Just the title got me to watch. 1985 Chuck Norris film. A bunch of mercenaries hired by communists invade the USA, obviously.

Perfect dozing on a Saturday afternoon viewing. I watched it wide awake on a Thursday evening and still had a laugh.

The best thing about this film is zero sentimentality. No one is safe. Children die. Women die. Chuck doesnít die, but you knew that already. Also, special mention to a baddie getting blown up and actually showing a spray of blood and dismembered body parts flying through the air. Itís attention to detail like that which brings this filmís score up to a 6/10.

Unread 22-05-2020, 01:31 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreez View Post
Invasion U.S.A.

Just the title got me to watch. 1985 Chuck Norris film. A bunch of mercenaries hired by communists invade the USA, obviously.

Perfect dozing on a Saturday afternoon viewing. I watched it wide awake on a Thursday evening and still had a laugh.

The best thing about this film is zero sentimentality. No one is safe. Children die. Women die. Chuck doesnít die, but you knew that already. Also, special mention to a baddie getting blown up and actually showing a spray of blood and dismembered body parts flying through the air. Itís attention to detail like that which brings this filmís score up to a 6/10.
Always mix this up with Red Dawn tbf.

Loved these 80s movies.

Unread 22-05-2020, 03:07 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreez View Post
Invasion U.S.A.

It's f***ing amazing. Best bit is that all the shit goes down because Richard Lynch is having nightmares about Norris kicking his head in.

Unread 22-05-2020, 07:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post

Loved these 80s movies.
Red Dawn had (loony) ideological/political pretensions, not really true of your average Chuck Norris effort.

Unread 22-05-2020, 07:12 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace View Post
storm of the century. stephen king. about the 5th time prob seen it...wonderful
Never even heard of this before. On my list for next week.

Unread 22-05-2020, 09:41 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Red Dawn had (loony) ideological/political pretensions, not really true of your average Chuck Norris effort.
just like you then

Unread 22-05-2020, 10:03 PM
boreez

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post

Loved these 80s movies.
I havenít seen it in eons, but from my recollection, Red Dawn is a far superior filmmaking effort. Invasion U.S.A. thinks with its fists. And I support that if Chuck Norris is involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
It's f***ing amazing. Best bit is that all the shit goes down because Richard Lynch is having nightmares about Norris kicking his head in.
Richard Lynch is such a sinister looking villain. Love how he just goes around blowing shit up. Extra points for shooting the pimp in the crotch. Heís basically the type of terrorist I would look up to, were I a child who wants to grow up and kill the soft, capitalist scum.

Unread 23-05-2020, 12:45 AM
armchair

The remake of redawn had to change the invaders from China to North Korea because China owns hollywood.

Unread 23-05-2020, 05:21 PM
Buck

The four Matt Helm films starring Dean Martin

If the aim was to parody James Bond then it was a job well done

Unread 23-05-2020, 05:25 PM
Cream

Gonna try Parasite or Bad Boys 4 lyfe tonight.

Slim pickins.