United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Reply
 
Unread 22-05-2020, 01:21 PM
boreez
 
Default

Invasion U.S.A.

Just the title got me to watch. 1985 Chuck Norris film. A bunch of mercenaries hired by communists invade the USA, obviously.

Perfect dozing on a Saturday afternoon viewing. I watched it wide awake on a Thursday evening and still had a laugh.

The best thing about this film is zero sentimentality. No one is safe. Children die. Women die. Chuck doesnít die, but you knew that already. Also, special mention to a baddie getting blown up and actually showing a spray of blood and dismembered body parts flying through the air. Itís attention to detail like that which brings this filmís score up to a 6/10.
 
Unread 22-05-2020, 01:31 PM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreez View Post
Invasion U.S.A.

Just the title got me to watch. 1985 Chuck Norris film. A bunch of mercenaries hired by communists invade the USA, obviously.

Perfect dozing on a Saturday afternoon viewing. I watched it wide awake on a Thursday evening and still had a laugh.

The best thing about this film is zero sentimentality. No one is safe. Children die. Women die. Chuck doesnít die, but you knew that already. Also, special mention to a baddie getting blown up and actually showing a spray of blood and dismembered body parts flying through the air. Itís attention to detail like that which brings this filmís score up to a 6/10.
Always mix this up with Red Dawn tbf.

Loved these 80s movies.
 
Unread 22-05-2020, 03:07 PM
Jethro
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreez View Post
Invasion U.S.A.

Just the title got me to watch. 1985 Chuck Norris film. A bunch of mercenaries hired by communists invade the USA, obviously.

Perfect dozing on a Saturday afternoon viewing. I watched it wide awake on a Thursday evening and still had a laugh.

The best thing about this film is zero sentimentality. No one is safe. Children die. Women die. Chuck doesnít die, but you knew that already. Also, special mention to a baddie getting blown up and actually showing a spray of blood and dismembered body parts flying through the air. Itís attention to detail like that which brings this filmís score up to a 6/10.
It's f***ing amazing. Best bit is that all the shit goes down because Richard Lynch is having nightmares about Norris kicking his head in.
 
Unread 22-05-2020, 07:09 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
Always mix this up with Red Dawn tbf.

Loved these 80s movies.
Red Dawn had (loony) ideological/political pretensions, not really true of your average Chuck Norris effort.
 
Unread 22-05-2020, 07:12 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace View Post
storm of the century. stephen king. about the 5th time prob seen it...wonderful
Never even heard of this before. On my list for next week.
 
Unread 22-05-2020, 09:41 PM
Spock
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Red Dawn had (loony) ideological/political pretensions, not really true of your average Chuck Norris effort.
just like you then
 
Unread 22-05-2020, 10:03 PM
boreez
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
Always mix this up with Red Dawn tbf.

Loved these 80s movies.
I havenít seen it in eons, but from my recollection, Red Dawn is a far superior filmmaking effort. Invasion U.S.A. thinks with its fists. And I support that if Chuck Norris is involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
It's f***ing amazing. Best bit is that all the shit goes down because Richard Lynch is having nightmares about Norris kicking his head in.
Richard Lynch is such a sinister looking villain. Love how he just goes around blowing shit up. Extra points for shooting the pimp in the crotch. Heís basically the type of terrorist I would look up to, were I a child who wants to grow up and kill the soft, capitalist scum.
 
Unread 23-05-2020, 12:45 AM
armchair
 
Default

The remake of redawn had to change the invaders from China to North Korea because China owns hollywood.

 
Unread 23-05-2020, 05:21 PM
Buck
 
Default

The four Matt Helm films starring Dean Martin

If the aim was to parody James Bond then it was a job well done
 
Unread 23-05-2020, 05:25 PM
Cream
 
Default

Gonna try Parasite or Bad Boys 4 lyfe tonight.

Slim pickins.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Movies I Saw This Weekend - 2020
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Movies' I saw this weekend 2015 Ginners TV / Film / Books / Arts 3047 03-08-2016 10:26 AM
'Movies' I saw this weekend II Ginners TV / Film / Books / Arts 10036 22-12-2014 02:22 PM
'Movies' I saw this weekend Fuzzy Dunlop TV / Film / Books / Arts 10747 16-01-2012 03:24 PM
Sky Movies free this weekend Sloppy TV / Film / Books / Arts 13 29-10-2010 03:47 PM
I've got three movies for the weekend Smurf TV / Film / Books / Arts 24 10-06-2007 12:27 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:13 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2020 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.