United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 19-05-2020, 12:21 PM
shenwen

His signings, much like his management tenure, followed a similar pattern in the main: initial excitement, the odd great moment, but ultimately disappointment.

Unread 19-05-2020, 01:17 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
His signings, much like his management tenure, followed a similar pattern in the main: initial excitement, the odd great moment, but ultimately disappointment.

Unread 19-05-2020, 01:37 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
You tried to call the best centre back in Europe average....

Dress it up as a shit metaphor...

We see. LVG4LYFE

Unread 19-05-2020, 01:54 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
that's what happens when you sack a manager part way through a rebuild. it's a process.
He had a year left; his choice. We were hardly going gangbusters Jack.

Unread 19-05-2020, 02:53 PM
Patty_b

I didn't want him sacked, but I didn't care less when he was. Always a short-term appointment, signings were mostly crap, some of the defeats inflicted were embarrassing and the football was utter shite.

I believe every word that's been attributed to him about Ed Woodward though.

Unread 20-05-2020, 04:27 AM
believe

90% of the games we played under van Gaal

Unread 20-05-2020, 01:13 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
I didn't want him sacked, but I didn't care less when he was. Always a short-term appointment, signings were mostly crap, some of the defeats inflicted were embarrassing and the football was utter shite.

I believe every word that's been attributed to him about Ed Woodward though.
The results in that final season were horrific. Spurs and Arsenal both gave us hidings. The November - January spell alone where we went eight games without a win and lost about 4 on the bounce - including to Stoke, Bournemouth and Norwich - was a sackable offence in itself.

Some good results after that against Liverpool and City but common knowledge his time was up anyway.