United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-02-2020, 02:23 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
is a high claim a statw****r word for a catch?
I presume where it's claimed above head height under pressure? £#%&! knows how you'd measure it.

De Gea is still pretty young in goalkeeping terms. It's a big risk going with Henderson and he won't settle for being on the bench. I'd personally keep him at sheffield for 1 more season and make a decision once he's had another year in the prem.

Totally different kettle of fish playing for Sheffield as opposed to us. Not necessarily harder or easier, just a different pressure.

Unread 27-02-2020, 02:24 PM
AK14

Agree with Patty on this one.

If we can get a decent fee for him then it’s time to let him go

Sounds like we need to sell to buy and if it means sorting out other positions then I’m all for letting Dave go. Henderson looks a talent too..

Unread 27-02-2020, 10:38 PM
The Stella Fella

Pogba and DDG gone in summer. That is our spending budget

Unread 11-06-2020, 11:27 AM
Patty_b

Manchester United, Sheffield United and the case of Dean Henderson

Quote:
On-loan Blades keeper is due to back at Old Trafford on 30 June but his club would be subject to questions if they enforce it now

Manchester United have a clear opportunity to sabotage one of their closest rivals in the chase for Champions League qualification but it would belittle them to seize it.

The understanding [is] that he would complete the season with Chris Wilder’s team, in which he has become a key component and earned an England call-up. But the shutdown has pushed the campaign beyond 30 June, the date on which the loan agreement expires. What happens now is yet to be decided.
Do it! £#%&! 'em. Champions League football at stake.

Although Henderson does seem like too sound of a guy to agree to something like that.

Also nice to know that we'd 'face questions' for doing it, but other teams can outright cheat with blood money and the same publication fawns over them with every opportunity.

Unread 11-06-2020, 11:29 AM
ScarFace

Let them have Degea.

Unread 11-06-2020, 11:30 AM
Jack Duckworth

oh no, not questions!!

Unread 11-06-2020, 11:33 AM
dunk

We have 5 goalkeepers at present; DdG, Romero, Grant, Pereira & the lad from Southend, wtf do we want another one for? That's far too many as it is. Leave him there for 3 years ffs.

Unread 11-06-2020, 11:37 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We have 5 goalkeepers at present; DdG, Romero, Grant, Pereira & the lad from Southend, wtf do we want another one for? That's far too many as it is. Leave him there for 3 years ffs.
He's better than 4 of them, and arguably better than all of them.

Not to mention Sheffield United would be shit without him.

Bring him home!

Unread 11-06-2020, 11:40 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
He's better than 4 of them, and arguably better than all of them.

Not to mention Sheffield United would be shit without him.

Bring him home!
? The same fella that chucked a winner in for the dippers?

I'll reserve judgement thanks. Ben Foster, Paul Robinson, Scott Carson, the lanky £#%&!er the dippers spent big on.. plus countless others I can't be arse to name; Young English keepers go to shit after bright starts regularly. Leave him there in amongst the muck and bullets for the foreseeable.

Edit: Chris Kirkland! and that Craig Gordon lad from North of the Border.. Many examples of the potential of keepers petering out..

Unread 11-06-2020, 11:45 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
? The same fella that chucked a winner in for the dippers?

I'll reserve judgement thanks. Ben Foster, Paul Robinson, Scott Carson, the lanky £#%&!er the dippers spent big on.. plus countless others I can't be arse to name; Young English keepers go to shit after bright starts regularly. Leave him there in amongst the muck and bullets for the foreseeable.

Edit: Chris Kirkland! and that Gordon lad from North of the Border..
As opposed to the lad that chucked the winner in for Watford?

Also pulled out a bag of worldy saves against the Scousers iirc.

Number one for club and country within a year or two, nqat.

Unread 11-06-2020, 11:47 AM
dunk

Quote:
As opposed to the lad that chucked the winner in for Watford?

Also pulled out a bag of worldy saves against the Scousers iirc.

Number one for club and country within a year or two, nqat.
That's cool, so was Paul Robinson at 24. Add Joe Hart to the list too, the thunder@#%&!.

If and when he is, then he can come back.

I'm not DdG's greatest fan either, by any stretch tbh. I'm extremely, extremely sceptical when it comes to English goalkeepers.

Unread 11-06-2020, 11:52 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
That's cool, so was Paul Robinson at 24.

If and when he is, then he can come back.

I'm not DdG's greatest fan either, by any stretch tbh.
The lad wants to play, is one of the best young goalkeepers in the world at the moment, has come through our academy and outperformed most other goalkeepers in the Premier League this season, but you would let him leave because he made a mistake against Liverpool, and because he's young and English?

Unread 11-06-2020, 11:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
The lad wants to play, is one of the best young goalkeepers in the world at the moment, has come through our academy and outperformed most other goalkeepers in the Premier League this season, but you would let him leave because he made a mistake against Liverpool, and because he's young and English?

Let him leave?

I said leave him at Sheffield United, as in on loan, for 2-3 seasons. Monitor his progression and ensure he doesn't turn to shit by not playing or being under too much pressure at OT. DdG has years left and there's no rush with young keepers, they don't settle down/peak until mid-20's at the earliest

Unread 11-06-2020, 11:56 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Let him leave?

I said leave at Sheffield United, as in on loan, for 2-3 seasons.
%@#$&!s to that. His contract expires in two years, and there is no way he'd still be playing for Sheffield United in that time.

The lads class. Bring him home and give him the number 1 shirt.

Unread 11-06-2020, 12:02 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Pretty sure they've either just given him or are on the cusp of giving him a new 5 year deal and agreeing to him going back to Sheffield next season, at least.

They aren't going to bring him back while there is a £350k defacto No.1 at the club, as he won't play and develop.
I don't think we should bring him home now to start playing for us. Bring him home now to £#%&! over Sheffield United, sell De Gea once the season has ended, and then bestow Henderson with the No. 1 shirt.

Unread 11-06-2020, 12:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
I don't think we should bring him home now to start playing for us. Bring him home now to £#%&! over Sheffield United, sell De Gea once the season has ended, and then bestow Henderson with the No. 1 shirt.
If we need to take Sheffield United's goalkeeper off them as a tactic, we should just give up tbh.

Didn't DdG just sign a 5 year deal? Going nowhere for ages..

Unread 11-06-2020, 12:04 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
If we need to take Sheffield United's goalkeeper off them as a tactic, we should just give up tbh.
He's not their goalkeeper, he's ours

Unread 11-06-2020, 12:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
He's not their goalkeeper, he's ours
They are developing him on our behalf, it's a 2 way street. Plus they probably have to play other rivals of ours too, so he could end up doing us a favour at some point rather than kicking his heels doing £#%&! all at Carrington.

Win all our games and we're in the CL, nothing else matters.

Unread 11-06-2020, 12:10 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
They are developing him on our behalf, it's a 2 way street. Plus they probably have to play other rivals of ours too, so he could end up doing us a favour at some point rather than kicking his heels doing £#%&! all at Carrington.

Win all our games and we're in the CL, nothing else matters.
Well if he wins them enough points to beat us the Champions League spots then I'm blaming you.

Unread 11-06-2020, 12:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Well if he wins them enough points to beat us the Champions League spots then I'm blaming you.
I'll take it.

He won't.

If anyone takes 'our' CL spot, it'll be City's dodgy dealings and Chelsea hanging on for dear life.
Closed Thread