United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Today is holocaust day. Avram Grant had family members who died at Auschwicz and he goes to the rememberance thingy every year.
Avram Grant looks like he was at Auschwicz himself.

Unread 02-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
Avram Grant looks like he was at Auschwicz himself.
yeah, he looks a bit like that guy off 'return of the living dead'

Unread 02-05-2008, 09:14 AM
My Name is Keith

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Buddha
Has ever a more inappropriate, crass or classless, tribute been paid to a dead woman than the hoisting of a football shirt adorned with the icon 'Pat Lampard R.I.P.' after chelsea's 1st goal last Saturday?

United and, to their credit, City, stripped their shirts of all lettering and held out silence and respect for the dead a few months ago. Not so in west london, where a seemingly decent lady was degraded in death by the disingeuous, shamelessly sentimental, 'let's do anything that comes into our heads as a tribute' idiocy of a bunch of mercenary journeymen who will soon long since be forgotten.

What a sight; a stadium in delerious celebration of a goal as the players urge remembrance of a recently passed mother. To everything there is a season - and dedicating goals to the dead is the deepest demonstration of vaccuous buffoonery i shall ever witness.
Bravo - wonderfully written.

Unread 02-05-2008, 09:25 AM
helmet

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by m14red
more to the point, what were all you soft @#%&!s doing watching the after-match celebrations? and then the £#%&!ing post-match interviews? did you not have pints to drink? shite to talk about? birds to gawp at? wives to roger?

I can barely be arsed to watch our actual matches - top red - and you're watching didier drogba dance around like he's a black thunderbird. madness.
£#%&!ing spot on

Unread 02-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Buddha
Has ever a more inappropriate, crass or classless, tribute been paid to a dead woman than the hoisting of a football shirt adorned with the icon 'Pat Lampard R.I.P.' after chelsea's 1st goal last Saturday?

United and, to their credit, City, stripped their shirts of all lettering and held out silence and respect for the dead a few months ago. Not so in west london, where a seemingly decent lady was degraded in death by the disingeuous, shamelessly sentimental, 'let's do anything that comes into our heads as a tribute' idiocy of a bunch of mercenary journeymen who will soon long since be forgotten.

What a sight; a stadium in delerious celebration of a goal as the players urge remembrance of a recently passed mother. To everything there is a season - and dedicating goals to the dead is the deepest demonstration of vaccuous buffoonery i shall ever witness.
How do you get 5 cockneys in a Mini?
Two in the Front, two in the back & Pat Lampard in the ashtray.

Unread 02-05-2008, 09:41 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
How do you get 5 cockneys in a Mini?
Two in the Front, two in the back & Pat Lampard in the ashtray.
yes very good.

Unread 02-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Gog Coch

Is there any truth in the rumour that Lampard has asked Drogba to not attend the funeral in case he dives in the box?

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:30 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
That was an abhorrent moment on Tuesday night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Believe it or not but a chant of "United!" which was got going in South Stand was actually partially drowned out by cries of "Who are ya?" coming from the Stretford End.

The only blot on an otherwise excellent night on and off the pitch.
I got the impression, albeit from the telly, that that that shout was directed at Henri specifically, rather than than Barcelona as a club. Only started after he came on and just after he got dispossessed.. A bit embaressing if it was going on before, though easy enough to get swept away in the moment.

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
Is there any truth in the rumour that Lampard has asked Drogba to not attend the funeral in case he dives in the box?
Got any good jokes about Aberfan?

Unread 02-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Got any good jokes about Aberfan?
[Insert popcorn pic here]
Closed Thread