United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Ed Sullivan

Good post Keitho.

Still think F£#%&! did well yesterday considering and it was quite touching when he scored

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Burrell
Everyone knows I support Derby but given their poor form, I've been following the fortunes of Chesea more and more.

I read the other week that I now live in Florida so obviously, I can't pretend to actually follow Chelsea but I can pretend that I watched last night's match. And pretend I will.

Wasn't it something? All that emotion.

Real.

Hard.

Male.

Tears.

I just wanted to scoop up big Frank in my large masculine arms and give him a big cuddle - before pouring both of us a glass of cool white wine and watching a silly old black and white movie with each other on the settee. Perhaps having some fine Belgian chocolates nothwithstanding Frank's training. I'm sure he could sneak a few.

If Diana was alive today she would say, Paul' she would say, 'Paul, just go and have a £#%&!. You and Frank will never happen."

'No sooner said than done Marm' I would say.

Thank heavens the recent trial hasn't dampened your spirits

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Ed Sullivan

Thumbs up

Quote:
If Diana was alive today she would say, Paul' she would say, 'Paul, just go and have a £#%&!. You and Frank will never happen."

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Fat Al

Default Grief overload last night?

What was that armband Grant was wearing last night? Some kind of Holocaust remembrance?

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Spiffy

Today is holocaust day. Avram Grant had family members who died at Auschwicz and he goes to the rememberance thingy every year.

Unread 01-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Today is holocaust day. Avram Grant had family members who died at Auschwicz and he goes to the rememberance thingy every year.
Fair enough, but it felt a little unseemly that post-match he had to remove his jacket to show everyone the armband & kneel on the touchline.

Unread 01-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Fair enough, but it felt a little unseemly that post-match he had to remove his jacket to show everyone the armband & kneel on the touchline.
He'd copped some flak (as had Benayoun and Ben Haim) from the Jewish community for going to work on Holocaust Remembrance Day. He probably wanted to show that it was in his thoughts.

Unread 01-05-2008, 02:08 PM
RedArmy20

who cares. let em celebrate like they have won the trophy.

Unread 01-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
(despite chants of ‘who are you? to the world famous Barcelona)
That was an abhorrent moment on Tuesday night

Unread 01-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
That was an abhorrent moment on Tuesday night
Believe it or not but a chant of "United!" which was got going in South Stand was actually partially drowned out by cries of "Who are ya?" coming from the Stretford End.

The only blot on an otherwise excellent night on and off the pitch.

Unread 01-05-2008, 06:44 PM
MJ Ramone

I have to say that in all my years of watching Football I've never felt more ashamed of my 'Sport' than I was last night.
The sight of the Chelsea players doing that 'Chrissy Waddle/Terry 'Butch' Butcher Wavey Arm Dance' was the most emarrassing thing I've ever seen on a Football pitch.

The psuedo 'JOy' of Ballack & Drogba in particular was a sight to behold.
Somewhat hypocritical, but there you go.

As pleased as I was to see the dippers take a hiding, I take no pleasure in seeing those arrogant, second rate cockney @#%&!s masquerading as a big Club.

We owe them one for Saturday & we certainly owe them one for last years Cup Final.

Unread 01-05-2008, 06:46 PM
wee man

and while all this was going on how did the liverpool "warm down" go ?

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:43 PM
m14red

more to the point, what were all you soft @#%&!s doing watching the after-match celebrations? and then the £#%&!ing post-match interviews? did you not have pints to drink? shite to talk about? birds to gawp at? wives to roger?

I can barely be arsed to watch our actual matches - top red - and you're watching didier drogba dance around like he's a black thunderbird. madness.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:10 PM
simpatico

Quote:
Everyone knows I support Derby but given their poor form, I've been following the fortunes of Chesea more and more.

I read the other week that I now live in Florida so obviously, I can't pretend to actually follow Chelsea but I can pretend that I watched last night's match. And pretend I will.

Wasn't it something? All that emotion.

Real.

Hard.

Male.

Tears.

I just wanted to scoop up big Frank in my large masculine arms and give him a big cuddle - before pouring both of us a glass of cool white wine and watching a silly old black and white movie with each other on the settee. Perhaps having some fine Belgian chocolates nothwithstanding Frank's training. I'm sure he could sneak a few.

Genius

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:18 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I have to say that in all my years of watching Football I've never felt more ashamed of my 'Sport' than I was last night.
The sight of the Chelsea players doing that 'Chrissy Waddle/Terry 'Butch' Butcher Wavey Arm Dance' was the most emarrassing thing I've ever seen on a Football pitch.

i thought it wasnt really happening.

it was so £#%&!ing fake it was unbelievable....

the players have probably seen other players do it and just copied them.

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:14 AM
The Bad Buddha

Has ever a more inappropriate, crass or classless, tribute been paid to a dead woman than the hoisting of a football shirt adorned with the icon 'Pat Lampard R.I.P.' after chelsea's 1st goal last Saturday?

United and, to their credit, City, stripped their shirts of all lettering and held out silence and respect for the dead a few months ago. Not so in west london, where a seemingly decent lady was degraded in death by the disingeuous, shamelessly sentimental, 'let's do anything that comes into our heads as a tribute' idiocy of a bunch of mercenary journeymen who will soon long since be forgotten.

What a sight; a stadium in delerious celebration of a goal as the players urge remembrance of a recently passed mother. To everything there is a season - and dedicating goals to the dead is the deepest demonstration of vaccuous buffoonery i shall ever witness.

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Buddha
Has ever a more inappropriate, crass or classless, tribute been paid to a dead woman than the hoisting of a football shirt adorned with the icon 'Pat Lampard R.I.P.' after chelsea's 1st goal last Saturday?

United and, to their credit, City, stripped their shirts of all lettering and held out silence and respect for the dead a few months ago. Not so in west london, where a seemingly decent lady was degraded in death by the disingeuous, shamelessly sentimental, 'let's do anything that comes into our heads as a tribute' idiocy of a bunch of mercenary journeymen who will soon long since be forgotten.

What a sight; a stadium in delerious celebration of a goal as the players urge remembrance of a recently passed mother. To everything there is a season - and dedicating goals to the dead is the deepest demonstration of vaccuous buffoonery i shall ever witness.
That aside, you thought it was alright though?

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:29 AM
The Bad Buddha

Perhaps slightly off subject - but as £#%&!wit sportsmen @#%&! on about 'feelin' the presence of a recently deceased relative just before a big moment such as a penalty or a 20 yard putt - i heard recently a golfer who had just won a million dollar event saying that God was with him round the back nine.

Now i'm no religious nut but i think that any god worth an Our Father at bedtime is way too busy with crippled kids and starving Africans to be follwing some multi-millionaire around a golf course ensuring he bags yet another massive pay-day.

£#%&! 'em all.

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:37 AM
m14red

God isn't just one bloke, stoopid. It's a multimillion dollar industry now.

I looked at training to become a God but the first few years salary is shite then there's the travel costs, watching Bruce Almighty... not worth it.

Unread 02-05-2008, 02:14 AM
Spock

Quote:
Paul' she would say, 'Paul,

gets me every time
Closed Thread