United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:34 PM
dunk

Default Big Jim’s officially in..

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:34 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Sadly there's no chance now these Qatari lot have bid. Only one winner I'm afraid.

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:36 PM
Finport Red

Don’t really want the club owned by another bunch of leeches and hose only interest is how much money they can take out.

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:38 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Don’t really want the club owned by another bunch of leeches and hose only interest is how much money they can take out.
What makes you think this? He's already been on record as saying he wouldn't have taken a penny out of Chelsea if his bid there had been successful.

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:39 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
What makes you think this? He's already been on record as saying he wouldn't have taken a penny out of Chelsea if his bid there had been successful.
The Wall Street backing bit.

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:49 PM
53RedRum

Won't add and "fresh" debt.

No thanks jimbo.

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:50 PM
Sparky***

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:01 PM
NedKelly

As I’m a man with decent morals, I hope he buys us. Can’t imagine anything worse than Qatar taking over. We would become soulless.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:13 PM
53RedRum

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
As I’m a man with decent morals, I hope he buys us. Can’t imagine anything worse than Qatar taking over. We would become soulless.
The worst post I've seen on the Internet so far this year.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:15 PM
silv

Has he got the bunce to do it?

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:17 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Has he got the bunce to do it?
Ineos rather than him personally

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:19 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
The Wall Street backing bit.

His aim is to be a long-term custodian of Manchester United and set the standard for a progressive approach to club ownership. As locally born, he wants to put the Manchester back into Manchester United."

Sources close to the Ratcliffe bid also say that any money borrowed to fund the takeover of Manchester United will be borne by the INEOS group, rather than the club, meaning no fresh debt will be added to the balance sheet.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:20 PM
53RedRum

Wants to bring the Manchester back to Manchester united says bloke who lives in Monaco and has a Chelsea season ticket.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:32 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53RedRum
Wants to bring the Manchester back to Manchester united says bloke who lives in Monaco and has a Chelsea season ticket.
Indeed. It's the Chelsea bid that concerns me too. Seems like he wants an investment/advertising vehicle for Ineos. If he hadn't bid for Chelsea, I'd be Team Jim.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:42 PM
marlo

Quote:
yep its a no brainer. they are borrowing money and will need to see how "financially feasible" it is to develop OT etc

the banks involved want returns and not little returns either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Jim and his cute few billion should go buy everton or someone like that.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:44 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Indeed. It's the Chelsea bid that concerns me too. Seems like he wants an investment/advertising vehicle for Ineos. If he hadn't bid for Chelsea, I'd be Team Jim.
Can even tolerate that, to a degree. What concerns me more is that it’s ok saying what a good boy he will be but will he really stump up the readies when a quality player is up for a move and will he really not dip into club funds and really clear the debt? Words, words and words.

Edit: oh, and the stadium

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:44 PM
suedeshoes

I'd rather have a bloke from Failsworth than a bloke from Arabia. I'd wager they're both dicks. In a 'battle' between dicks, I'd rather have the dick who's heard of Bryan Robson.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:50 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I'd rather have a bloke from Failsworth than a bloke from Arabia. I'd wager they're both dicks. In a 'battle' between dicks, I'd rather have the dick who's heard of Bryan Robson.
I'd rather have the bloke who'll buy Bryan Robson without batting an eyelid.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:50 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
His aim is to be a long-term custodian of Manchester United and set the standard for a progressive approach to club ownership. As locally born, he wants to put the Manchester back into Manchester United."

Sources close to the Ratcliffe bid also say that any money borrowed to fund the takeover of Manchester United will be borne by the INEOS group, rather than the club, meaning no fresh debt will be added to the balance sheet.
Yeah sure it would
Closed Thread