United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2023, 12:35 PM
believe

Imagine watching last night (or any game for that matter) just hoping one player £#%&!s up, just so you could repeatedly post that he’s £#%&!ed up on the internet

Unread 06-03-2023, 12:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Imagine watching last night (or any game for that matter) just hoping one player £#%&!s up, just so you could repeatedly post that he’s £#%&!ed up on the internet
Imagine thinking that’s what happened

Unread 06-03-2023, 12:59 PM
Chris Quayd

I’m no de gea fan but there was nothing he could do about those goals

Unread 06-03-2023, 12:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Ok.

Unread 06-03-2023, 02:55 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
I reckon i’m ultra fussy but I think he should be having Gakpos for a start.

Unread 06-03-2023, 03:09 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I reckon i’m ultra fussy but I think he should be having Gakpos for a start.
which one? for the first one, martinez ran across him.

the fact is that three of their goals came from multiple deflections that just fell right for the shot. the second one especially. liverpool will never have that much luck in a game again. not to say we weren't hapless, but blaming the keeper is just silly.

the initial problem came from dalot wandering into midfield and fred being absolutely clueless about where gakpo was.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:04 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Didn't cost us tonight, but seems like every game he makes a huge error with his distribution.

We need a striker, a central midfielder to play alongside Cas, and a goalkeeper. I'm tempted to say the latter is the most pressing if you-know-who is brought back into the fold.

He just doesn't inspire confidence with the ball at his feet, or when defending set-pieces. Far too much of a liability as we try to get to the next level.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:06 PM
Ethers

Sick of this @#%&!. Said after the Arsenal game he was holding us back, and a few admittedly decent performances and good saves haven’t changed that.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:09 PM
Dr Stranger

If there’s an obvious simple pass, he’s ok, but any slightly difficult ball and he panics and just gets rid. That £#%&! up in the first half - it’s genuinely looked like he was trying to pass it to the Betis player.

He’s improved, he’s trying, he has his strengths, but he simply isn’t good enough and not suitable to a ETH team.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Sick of this @#%&!. Said after the Arsenal game he was holding us back, and a few admittedly decent performances and good saves haven’t changed that.
We need a proper goalkeeper who can command his area and distribute the ball with confidence. The minute De Gea receives the ball you see the £#%&!ing mild panic descend on his face.

For me, Liverpool's goalkeeper is the best in the league because he a big imposing bastard, gets out snuff out any trouble quickly and he can stick the ball anywhere across the front line with accuracy.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:12 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
We have to move on now. Get a keeper in who can use his feet comfortably. I'm astounded Dave still can't. Who the £#%&! coaches him?

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:13 PM
AK14

He needs replacing in the summer

Just not good enough at the things we need from a gk to take us to the next level.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:13 PM
dunk

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He needs replacing in the summer

Just not good enough at the things we need from a gk to take us to the next level.
That’s the one.

He’s a good keeper. He’s just not the type of keeper we need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We need a proper goalkeeper who can command his area and distribute the ball with confidence. The minute De Gea receives the ball you see the £#%&!ing mild panic descend on his face.

For me, Liverpool's goalkeeper is the best in the league because he a big imposing bastard, gets out snuff out any trouble quickly and he can stick the ball anywhere across the front line with accuracy.
This. You look at Alison and there’s nothing outstanding about him. He’s just a big presence who is decent on the ball.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:15 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dunk using a Mou gif

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:16 PM
NedKelly

He’d be magnificent for a mid-table side but his deficiencies are definitely exposed with the way we’re trying to play. By no means do I think he’s terrible, he’s just not what we need long term if I’m totally honest.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:16 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

That Brentford keeper any good?

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:25 PM
dunk

He's better than Dave. And free by the sounds of it

Keepers make mistakes, they all do, it's an unforgiving position. As long as the mistakes aren't constantly repeated/happening every week, it's fine. But only if they're doing everything else to a high standard. That's what you need.

Every keeper will miscontrol or miskick the occasional one, or misjudge a cross, or even let a soft one by from time to time, but when their very presence sets the whole team back, you've got a major problem.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:34 PM
ZiggyStardust

Absolutely horrific first half

Lucky that his £#%&! ups against Barca and tonight haven’t lead to a goal

If he’s given a new contract then we’re not serious about getting back to the top

Has to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
That’s the one.

He’s a good keeper. He’s just not the type of keeper we need.

This. You look at Alison and there’s nothing outstanding about him. He’s just a big presence who is decent on the ball.
That’s a myth
He’s not a good keeper anymore
In fact statistically he’s below average in the PL in nearly every category

It’s a lot more than his really shit distribution that’s an issue

Alison by contrast is really high up in these statistical categories

Dave should have been moved on 4 years ago

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:36 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
That’s a myth