United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-02-2023, 12:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This. Absolute nothing trophy. Will take it, obvs, but let’s not go re-writing history.

Haven’t City won it 5 of the last 6 years because absolutely nobody else gave a £#%&!? they were winning it by accident.
They won it so many times because their squad was ridiculously strong. Everyone else used to play their 2nd string.

Unread 02-02-2023, 12:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They won it so many times because their squad was ridiculously strong. Everyone else used to play their 2nd string.
They’d chuck kids in and still win because the opposition aren’t interested.

There’s no pride to be had from putting in a performance against City.

Unread 02-02-2023, 12:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
This. Absolute nothing trophy. Will take it, obvs, but let’s not go re-writing history.

Haven’t City won it 5 of the last 6 years because absolutely nobody else gave a £#%&!? they were winning it by accident.
I think they won’t it because they’re better than everyone, for the most part. I don’t think anyone is pretending it’s anything more than what it is, but we desperately need a trophy and this team needs to get a taste for winning.

2006 felt like an important league cup win for that team to kick on do more. Which they did.

Frankly, I’m sick of the last few years of all the wrong kind of records being broken. That numbers of years without a trophy ticker keeps going. That Europa final loss killed that last team. We need to start winning again.

Unread 02-02-2023, 12:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
They’d chuck kids in and still win because the opposition aren’t interested.

There’s no pride to be had from putting in a performance against City.
Personally I think the future is premier league clubs will opt out of it and it will just be for EFL teams. I think we’re one of the few leagues that still has 2 domestic cups aren’t they.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think they won’t it because they’re better than everyone, for the most part. I don’t think anyone is pretending it’s anything more than what it is, but we desperately need a trophy and this team needs to get a taste for winning.

2006 felt like an important league cup win for that team to kick on do more. Which they did.

Frankly, I’m sick of the last few years of all the wrong kind of records being broken. That numbers of years without a trophy ticker keeps going. That Europa final loss killed that last team. We need to start winning again.
It finished Solskjaer. It was a dreadful game to lose against a club that had never won a trophy in its history. You sensed a lot of players lost belief in him.

Unread 02-02-2023, 01:36 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Personally I think the future is premier league clubs will opt out of it and it will just be for EFL teams. I think we’re one of the few leagues that still has 2 domestic cups aren’t they.

It finished Solskjaer. It was a dreadful game to lose against a club that had never won a trophy in its history. You sensed a lot of players lost belief in him.
I've never seen a manager look more like a rabbit in the headlights on the sidelines

Rashford probably had the worst game of his career and was carrying an injury and Ole still wouldn't make a change

Looked absolutely petrified

Unread 02-02-2023, 05:00 PM
AK14

Always liked the league cup tbh

Silverware in February always felt like a good push on into the rest of the season.
Closed Thread