United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 11-11-2013, 11:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I was anyway.

Look it wasn't Brazil 1970 but let's be honest, it was way better than we were all expecting.
it was brazil 2013 though, and we beat them

personally i expected nothing else, but hey, what do I know

i'll go further, and say that if rooney carries on playing like that we'll have a £#%&!ing brilliant end to this season

Unread 12-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i'll go further, and say that if rooney carries on playing like that we'll have a £#%&!ing brilliant end to this season

So what you're saying is if our most important player plays well, we'll do well?

Really going out on a limb there. Any more radical pearls of wisdom?

Unread 12-11-2013, 12:26 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I was only doing that for effect. Of course the result was most important, but I was hopeful after the first half and deeply disappointed with the second half, and people were rejoicing like the 99 team had returned
Its OK, we believe you

Unread 12-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
no, he's just french.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Ozil's? Had all the hallmarks of a dodgy translation hack-job by the press, tbf. But they played like they thought they just had to show up.
I thought that, but part of it said 'and that is why we are going to win'. Hard to see how you can mistranslate that, but then again I don't schprechen der Deutsch, or whatever.

Unread 12-11-2013, 08:27 AM
Denis Irwell

Fancied us on Sunday and fancy us for the title. Chavs and Berts will probably improve but not looking convincing. The top two just won't last.

Everybody going on about Sagna's crossing - it only happened after he didn't have Kaggers to occupy him.

Unread 12-11-2013, 08:32 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Fancied us on Sunday and fancy us for the title. Chavs and Berts will probably improve but not looking convincing. The top two just won't last.

Everybody going on about Sagna's crossing - it only happened after he didn't have Kaggers to occupy him.
and Evra switched off...pretty much the perfect use of Giggs.

Unread 12-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Denis Irwell

he did - and I thought we'd suffer for it but we managed to cover. Just well focussed on the day. Love Evra to bits but at times......

Sagna barely left his post until Kaggers went off. Don't think Kaggers was that good on the creative side but he did what he was obviously detailed to do. Pity he is still not being utilised properly but maybe part-trade him cos he wasn't Moyseh's signing and I really can't see him being used to his strengths.

Unread 12-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
Just doesn't really fit in with the way we play. But that isn't just applicable now, it's been applicable for as long as I can remember. United are broadly based around pace, power, being direct, getting it wide etc. It isn't always that pretty, but it works more often than not. Obviously some of the mongs on here would have you belief we played like Barcelona when Fergie was here and Moyes has destroyed all this, but that's a load of %@#$&!s.

When Kagawa looks good is when he has players very close to him, he always wants to play a 5 yard pass. It looks good when it works and he gets himself into a position where he is 5 yards away from a teammate. I just don't see how you would fit him in with the other personnel we have currently and have had traditionally. It's a shame, but at the minute he is a hindrance playing from the left and offers us no balance at all.
Truth bear bombs

Unread 12-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Denis Irwell

fair enough but can't see why he can't play with J@&%!aj and RVP who can both control a ball - having said that, I just can't see him lasting here

Unread 12-11-2013, 01:37 PM
carrick_16

£#%&!ing hell, got a lot of arsenal @#%&!s on my timeline on twitter, i thought they would go quiet after we beat them on sunday but i was wrong.

Unread 12-11-2013, 01:38 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrick_16
£#%&!ing hell, got a lot of arsenal @#%&!s on my timeline on twitter, i thought they would go quiet after we beat them on sunday but i was wrong.
Don't follow them then

Unread 12-11-2013, 01:53 PM
carrick_16

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Don't follow them then
I don't thankfully, i only follow United fans.

Unread 12-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Don't follow them then
It's actually carrick mate !!!!
They've been giving him shit....